• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Since we're talking matchups, I was wondering if a battle between Miyo Takano and Albert Wesker could work. Maybe even throw in the Yamainu and some Tricell B.O.Ws as well.

Thematically and backstory-wise, they're pretty similar, but I wonder if Takano can even scale to the main characters, or if a Certain Witch's power would be considered viable hax or outside help. She doesn't have a page on here either, so..

Oh and if it had an original battle track, I'd definitely call it, "07th Minutes To Spare."

So, rereading some manga in xxxth time. Some things that I found and want your opinions on:
Erika has knowledge in chemistry (to Intelligence it goes, just another one, two things like this and we will be able to give her Extraordinary Genius, yay)
Nanjo's future profile will have Marksmanship for this (iirc this is the only time he has a gun)
Erika has a weird Law Manip/Curse ("Wherever detective goes crime surely follows"; since it is the part of the Forgery of Purple Logic, it partly uses the same reasoning as the last time)
Now, a few questions to our experts:
There was a quote from episode 5 (I think, maybe 6) which was smt like "It took a couple of miracles for her to survive". Would it qualify for Supernatural Luck?
Is anti-magic toxin powerful enough to grant Resistance to Magic? (Also, what do you think about Winchesters being anti-magic?)
Not a crt yet btw.

LAST GOU EPISODE SPOILER, CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERILL
Annotation_2021-02-18_193500.png

I was making jokes about the ending theme sounding like an opening for Umineko rather than an ending for Higurashi, and I'm glad I was onto something!

I don't know what I was expecting, this man is a massive ****** and a troll
it's my fault for thinking he will treat us nicely for once.

Man, I never liked Satoko but damn is Gou making it even harder for me to tolerate her at all.
As someone who read the VN and not the anime, I do feel that Gou is ruining Satoko's reputation and whole character arc. Higurashi was all about empathizing and understanding the characters and where they were coming from. Satoko was, and still is, one of my favorite characters—and I say this as a victim of domestic abuse, just like she was. She was developed enough as a character for me to understand all of her motives and reasons for doing what she did as well as relate to my experiences being oppressed by my own family.

It, henceforth, upsets me when people say that Satoko is a spoiled, annoying, brat. They even go as far as to say that she deserved to be abused by her horrifying uncle and to be beaten by Rika with a chair in Saikoroshi-hen. The first two seasons ruined the chance of many audience members empathizing with her and Gou further damaged that despite attempting to make us understand her.

As someone who read the VN and not the anime, I do feel that Gou is ruining Satoko's reputation and whole character arc. Higurashi was all about empathizing and understanding the characters and where they were coming from. Satoko was, and still is, one of my favorite characters—and I say this as a victim of domestic abuse, just like she was. She was developed enough as a character for me to understand all of her motives and reasons for doing what she did as well as relate to my experiences being oppressed by my own family.

It, henceforth, upsets me when people say that Satoko is a spoiled, annoying, brat. They even go as far as to say that she deserved to be abused by her horrifying uncle and to be beaten by Rika with a chair in Saikoroshi-hen. The first two seasons ruined the chance of many audience members empathizing with her and Gou further damaged that despite attempting to make us understand her.
You hit the nail on the head. While I don't necessarily dislike the Deen anime, it definitely didn't do their character development and understanding any favors, especially for Satoko.

I still think people are missing the big picture that Satoko is a very fractured and damaged person to begin with, and if she thinks that Rika of all people turned their back on her, it would feel like the ultimate betrayal.

Also, anybody have any thoughts on the OP changes and the ED visuals?

I still think people are missing the big picture that Satoko is a very fractured and damaged person to begin with, and if she thinks that Rika of all people turned their back on her, it would feel like the ultimate betrayal.
Indeed, she lost literally everyone. Satoshi was still in a coma. Shion was not around even before they wanted to go to St. Lucia—if she was then she would have not wanted them to go there and instead push them into attending another school or staying in the village. Mion, Rena, and Keiichi stayed in Hinamizawa. That only leaves Rika, the person she spent so much of her life together with and trusted more than anyone else. Problem is, we know from what Hanyuu pointed out in front of her that she does not see Satoko as a friend but a kitten and was never actually willing to believe in and love her as a person. It was resolved when they faced Takano but that was temporal.

All-in-all, (probably) nothing bad would have happened if Rika remembered Minagoroshi-hen.

You know, finding Feathrine to sexy is fine, but when you say she's Ryokishi self insert it gives me complicated feelings

Why can't we have good thing :cry:

Question Arc Beato is best Beato no question.

She doesn't do much after episode 6, even though portion of episode 7 was her backstory, she barely appeared in it anyway.

No one here talking about Auau name dropping Ciconia stuff T_T
You called? I think it's really interesting that Featherine refers to Satoko as being someone she's met before, and even namedrops several "34" characters, including Vier

"LD3105" is also very curious. LD likely eludes to Lambdadelta, while 3 10 5, apparently is japanese wordplay that can sound like "Satoko."

So Satoko is pretty confirmed to be connected to all the 34s and Takano look-alikes.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who really likes Gou
I'm personally loving it so far, and I like the fact that there's no clear "bad guy." While I admittedly side with Satoko overall, I still understand that both are being selfish and not talking things out properly.

Unless we get a bad end, I don't see this ending in two episodes. S2 when?

Back