• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Byleth Eisner vs Link (Majora's Mask) (0-7-0) (Concluded)

koopa3144

He/Him
  • Byleth is in their Fused with Sothis key and Link is in base
  • Byleth has their Optional Equipment
  • Speed is equalized
  • SBA for everything else

(picture goes here)

Byleth: 0

409 Gigatons
Link: 7
501.219 gigatons
Incon: 0

Last edited:
Zup. First of all, Byleth is 409 Gigatons. Secondly... I think Link has this. It isn't a one-side battle, by any means, Byleth has the skills to keep up, the acausality to prevent Link from abusing his Song of Time too much, but... well, Byleth doesn't really have anything that Link hasn't experienced in either MM or OoT - she is just a random who is a stick swing like him with some minor magical attacks and limited time-rewinding powers to Link.

Link has the advantage of hax that Byleth has never really experienced, LS that really screws her over if they clash swords, and he does have the environment advantage considering Link is fighting in a place that he should know extremely well and can traverse in ways Byleth can't with his Goro, Zoro, and Deku mask (or just summon Epona) if Link, for some reason, decides to run away. Oh, I am also sure that Link upscales from his value, so Byleth will need to put in a lot more effort into hurting him.

Oh. And while Byleth's time rewind is thought-based, she can only use it 13 times. Meanwhile, while Link needs to play his Ocarina, he can rewind time an "infinite" amount of times as long as he has enough time to play the Song of Time.

Zup. First of all, Byleth is 409 Gigatons. Secondly... I think Link has this. It isn't a one-side battle, by any means, Byleth has the skills to keep up, the acausality to prevent Link from abusing his Song of Time too much, but... well, Byleth doesn't really have anything that Link hasn't experienced in either MM or OoT - she is just a random who is a stick swing like him with some minor magical attacks and limited time-rewinding powers to Link.

Link has the advantage of hax that Byleth has never really experienced, LS that really screws her over if they clash swords, and he does have the environment advantage considering Link is fighting in a place that he should know extremely well and can traverse in ways Byleth can't with his Goro, Zoro, and Deku mask (or just summon Epona) if Link, for some reason, decides to run away. Oh, I am also sure that Link upscales from his value, so Byleth will need to put in a lot more effort into hurting him.

Oh. And while Byleth's time rewind is thought-based, she can only use it 13 times. Meanwhile, while Link needs to play his Ocarina, he can rewind time an "infinite" amount of times as long as he has enough time to play the Song of Time.
Counted

Yeah, I'd have to vote Link FRA, though I'll add my own thoughts

Link is definitely the superior fighter. He's not only casually defeated highly experienced warriors that've lead armies as well as incredibly skilled swordsman, but his ability to adapt is kind of insane. Link masters new weapons after picking them up and can adapt to his body rapidly taking wildly new forms. He's also shown far more capability in using the environment to his advantage. The dude is quite literally more efficient than the combined effort of hundreds of soldiers

Pair that with his array of abilities and I can definitely see Byleth being overwhelmed

Yeah, I'd have to vote Link FRA, though I'll add my own thoughts

Link is definitely the superior fighter. He's not only casually defeated highly experienced warriors that've lead armies as well as incredibly skilled swordsman, but his ability to adapt is kind of insane. Link masters new weapons after picking them up and can adapt to his body rapidly taking wildly new forms. He's also shown far more capability in using the environment to his advantage. The dude is quite literally more efficient than the combined effort of hundreds of soldiers

Pair that with his array of abilities and I can definitely see Byleth being overwhelmed
Counted
Also, Lonk FRA
Counted

Link using the Ocarina would reset Byleth´s resurrections for the fact that Byleth technically is time looping itself while Link is time reversing everything, only Byleth memories are not affected by the Song of Time

Also, if Byleth has optional equipment then it has like 10% of doing 30 different effects that are listed here

Link is fighting in a place that he should know extremely well and can traverse in ways
Since when Link knows Central Park?
(or just summon Epona) if Link, for some reason, decides to run away. Oh, I am also sure that Link upscales from his value, so Byleth will need to put in a lot more effort into hurting him.

Epona who is slower than Link and a 9-B horse and Byleth who is scaled to Link reaction and combat speed who is leagues above Link own movement speed who is leagues above Epona speed

Byleth is faster than Link except if rolling as a Goron is considered combat speed and brave weapons are even higher than Link combat speed
Oh, I am also sure that Link upscales from his value, so Byleth will need to put in a lot more effort into hurting him.
Like Byleth who also upscales plus it can double his attack potency?

"Grants its holder a 5% chance to double Attack and weapon uses for combat arts. Grants the Crest of Blaiddyd."

And the differente is not even 1.5 times between the two

Link is definitely the superior fighter
When Byleth started to participate in the war of 3 houses, it make it end in a matter of months despite the fact that before her/his inclusion, the war lasted 5 years, she/he outclass everyone in the game in skill (combat and tactics)

When Byleth started to participate in the war of 3 houses, it make it end in a matter of months despite the fact that before her/his inclusion, the war lasted 5 years, she/he outclass everyone in the game in skill (combat and tactics)
Except Link has literally cleared people like that casually. Sure, Byleth is superior to pretty much everyone in 3H, but Link was taking down people with comparable if not superior skill before the events of Majora’s Mask took place. Plus, you’re pretty much brushing off the points about his adaptation I’m bringing up. He’s a far more adaptable fighter than anyone Byleth’s ever met

Also Byleth isn’t faster. Speed is equalized

And those aren’t bad feats by any means, but they don’t really stack up to Link IMO

Stopping a conflict in a short amount of time after coming back? Link pretty much did that except much faster and single handily in OoT. Dominating somebody who can take on over a hundred trained students? Link cleaned through a fortress that hundreds of trained soldiers working together were said to be incapable of performing. Dominating somebody who has mastered several techniques? Yeah, Link’s done that a lot too and whenever he masters weaponry or techniques himself, it’s on the spot. Surpassing somebody with 300 years of combat experience? Link’s defeated Twinrova, an over 400 year old being who lead the Gerudo Tribe.

Not trying to throw shade at Byleth, they’re undoubtedly a skill beast in the 3H continuity. Link’s just got enough to edge them out

What's stopping Link from dropping a deku nut and then playing inverse sot to effectively double his speed, or anything else really.
Or just walking up and sticking a knife through Byleth's chest.

Byleth doesn't resist parahax, and while it isn't permanent, like 8 seconds is enough time to do any single action he has, and he has like 20 of these things.

With time reversal to have infinite time
And you are ignoring the help of Taya, you monster!
Yes, he did have time travel on his side. But it was up to him to actually put a stop to Ganondorf in the future where he was dominating the forces that opposed him. It’s not as though Link made his own victory incredibly one sided through the time travel advantage

Tatl was cheerleading

Tatl isn't even in OOT 🗿
and navi is just glorified deadweight

playing inverse sot to effectively double his speed,
The "Inverted Song of Time" lets Link slow the flow of time. When played, all events related to the flow of time will move at 30% of their original speed

We already talked about this is the past, Link gets 33% speed advantage in combat, while byleth is already faster in movement and faster with brave weapons

The "Inverted Song of Time" lets Link slow the flow of time. When played, all events related to the flow of time will move at 30% of their original speed

We already talked about this is the past, Link gets 33% speed advantage in combat, while byleth is already faster in movement and faster with brave weapons
Half speed actually as of MM3D, it's effectively a 2x reaction/combat speed amp.
And this effects his movement speed too, which when doubled with the Bunny Hood, gives Link effectively a 4x or so amp.

Unfortunately, Byleth and Link both fail to actually list movement speed on the profile, but from my time playing 3H, movement speed is only vaguely superhuman, so Link holds that advantage too.

What's stopping Link from dropping a deku nut and then playing inverse sot to effectively double his speed, or anything else really.
Or just walking up and sticking a knife through Byleth's chest.

Byleth doesn't resist parahax, and while it isn't permanent, like 8 seconds is enough time to do any single action he has, and he has like 20 of these things.
Byleth does have time hax, so they know what to expect (And essentially Time Stop as well but that hasn’t been added yet).

If they are damaged to a certain point, they can then activated Vantage, which allows them to attack first regardless of how fast their opponent is.

They have Windsweep, their Crests, and certain Dragon Signs, which negate any counter-attacks from opponents

Even if they are stabbed through the chest, they have a Sacred Weapon that passively heal wounds such as stabs that goes straight through the torso. Not to mention, healing items, Magic, their Crest and Dragons Signs that does the same thing (EDIT: Forgot about Combat Arts that they can use like Healing Focus, which heal half of their HP)

They got Hero Relics that can reduce physical and magical attacks by halves

Last edited:
Byleth has time hax, but that’s not to necessarily say they know what to expect from Link’s own

Link can essentially counter stat reductions with his own amplifications. Additionally, he’s also got healing items. Given Link is no strange to utilizing fatal attacks, the Sacred Weapon will only be able to passively heal so much

Byleth does have time hax, so they know what to expect (And essentially Time Stop as well but that hasn’t been added yet).
That isn't how things work, having hax doesn't mean you "expect" others to have it or know how to actually combat it.
If they are damaged to a certain point, they can then activated Vantage, which allows them to attack first regardless of how fast their opponent is.
That doesn't work if it's a one-shot, nothing is stopping Link from just plunging the sword through their chest or head, not like he hasn't done either before, he aims for lethal spots if in a life or death battle, hell that's what he did against Ganon even.
They have Windsweep, their Crests, and certain Dragon Signs, which negate any counter-attacks from opponents
Nothing to do with counterattacks, nothing is stopping Link from just like, parahax into kill, or one of his several other win buttons.
Even if they are stabbed through the chest, they have a Sacred Weapon that passively heal wounds such as stabs that goes straight through the torso. Not to mention, healing items, Magic, their Crest and Dragons Signs that does the same thing
Torso isn't through the sternum or skull. Everytime we've seen Link land a killing blow in a cutscene, it's always been through the skull or chest. In fact, every Link goes for those two spots (WW Link through Ganon's skull, TP Link through Ganon's chest, etc).
They got Hero Relics that can reduce physical and magical attacks by halves
This Link doesn't even use magics like that, and what magic he does have, have built in effects that are far more troubling than just the damage they deal.
Link also has Zora barrier to prevent Byleth from striking him upclose, he has ranged attacks that immolate obviously, but flash freeze foes solid (This may as well be a win condition, Byleth doesnt resist or have means to deal with being frozen solid), 20 deku nuts to basically get 20 free moves off, he has his own healing items, and if we include fairies he would have the means to even come back from death a few times, he'd have unlimited magic with a chateau romani till he rewinds time, something like the Giant's Mask may as well enable him to stat stomp, Mask of Truth is stated to be able to read minds which should let him learn what Byleth can do or is planning to and work around it, Song of Healing pacifies and calms, the Stone Mask is a free win that lets him do whatever he wants and Byleth wouldn't even be able to recognize Link exists or even register that Link is attacking them, ToC protects Link against magics and he can dispel curses which while it woukdn't effect everything, it should by all accounts protect from a few of Byleth's magics, etc.

Several of Link's items basically let him win with little issue, notably the Stone Mask.

That isn't how things work, having hax doesn't mean you "expect" others to have it or know how to actually combat it.
They will be better prepared for anything they witness Link utilizing than they would without the time hax. And since Link apparently does not have Acausality, they will not remember anything when Byleth uses DP but Byleth will remembers when Link uses SoT.
That doesn't work if it's a one-shot, nothing is stopping Link from just plunging the sword through their chest or head, not like he hasn't done either before, he aims for lethal spots if in a life or death battle, hell that's what he did against Ganon even.
Byleth has auto Resurrection, albeit limited, allowing Byleth to survive from them
Nothing to do with counterattacks, nothing is stopping Link from just like, parahax into kill, or one of his several other win buttons.
If Link is hit by them, he will not be able to do anything in retaliations. I suppose as a mean of retaliation, Byleth can access Fallen Star, which basically allows Byleth to avoid any attack. Although I just realized that Link does not have Deku Nuts in his Standard Equipment, so I am not sure if he has them in this fight
This Link doesn't even use magics like that, and what magic he does have, have built in effects that are far more troubling than just the damage they deal.
Link also has Zora barrier to prevent Byleth from striking him upclose, he has ranged attacks that immolate obviously, but flash freeze foes solid (This may as well be a win condition, Byleth doesnt resist or have means to deal with being frozen solid), 20 deku nuts to basically get 20 free moves off, he has his own healing items, and if we include fairies he would have the means to even come back from death a few times, he'd have unlimited magic with a chateau romani till he rewinds time, something like the Giant's Mask may as well enable him to stat stomp, Mask of Truth is stated to be able to read minds which should let him learn what Byleth can do or is planning to and work around it, Song of Healing pacifies and calms, the Stone Mask is a free win that lets him do whatever he wants and Byleth wouldn't even be able to recognize Link exists or even register that Link is attacking them, ToC protects Link against magics and he can dispel curses which while it woukdn't effect everything, it should by all accounts protect from a few of Byleth's magics, etc.

Several of Link's items basically let him win with little issue, notably the Stone Mask.
The Zora’s barrier is the one with the magical electricity, correct? Well, Byleth has access to ranged weaponry, which includes fire that Zora are weak to, so they be fine

I’m assuming the ranged attacks part come from Link’s arrows, which is far if they hit Byleth, though this gives Byleth the chance to retaliate with Chalice of Beginning to attack Link with a lightning bolt from any distance.

So both has their own healing items and auto resurrection, although Byleth has more variety. Although, it should be highly noted that it is not mention in Link’s Standard Equipment they possess healing items such as their potions and fairies, so I am not sure if Link has them in this fight.

I know that a chateau romani is a certain type of milk iirc but I don’t see it anywhere on the profile (neither P&A or Standard Equipment), so I assume Link does not have it in this fight.

The Giant Mask is definitely packing strength with that Class E LS, nothing Byleth can do about that.

How effective is this mask when in actual combat, I remember long time ago it was only used for animal and gossip stones. Is it possible to use it to read a human’s mind.

Does the Song of Healing calm and pacify aggressive enemies? I though it was only used for any troubled souls or spirit and evil magic

Stone Mask sounds busted. Though Byleth has ES which allows them to block a surprise attack they didn’t expect.

ToC is the Triforce of Courage, correct? I know it protect Link from Magic, but on the profile, it stated that it is evil magic and I don’t think Byleth’s magic can be categorized as evil (at least in the context of the Zelda verse) and they are not curses. Half of their magic spells are holy/light based while the other are elementals.

They will be better prepared for anything they witness Link utilizing than they would without the time hax. And since Link apparently does not have Acausality, they will not remember anything when Byleth uses DP but Byleth will remembers when Link uses SoT.
Its gonna be totally null though. Byleth's rewinds are useless in this fight since Link is not only capable of moving back much further, but can do so without limit, unlike Byleth
Byleth has auto Resurrection, albeit limited, allowing Byleth to survive from them
Yes, but given how many wincons Link has, I believe that'd only delay the inevitable. Either way, their healing items against Link aren't going to do much in the long run. Link has resurrections too anyways
If Link is hit by them, he will not be able to do anything in retaliations. I suppose as a mean of retaliation, Byleth can access Fallen Star, which basically allows Byleth to avoid any attack. Although I just realized that Link does not have Deku Nuts in his Standard Equipment, so I am not sure if he has them in this fight
Is there any evidence he wouldn't be able to absolutely do anything in retaliation? As far as I've seen, he can still act. He won't be made a sitting duck. As for the Deku Nuts, that's really only an oversight in terms of it not being on his page. Yes, he has them
The Zora’s barrier is the one with the magical electricity, correct? Well, Byleth has access to ranged weaponry, which includes fire that Zora are weak to, so they be fine
Zoras are weak to fire. Zora barriers? Not the same
I’m assuming the ranged attacks part come from Link’s arrows, which is far if they hit Byleth, though this gives Byleth the chance to retaliate with Chalice of Beginning to attack Link with a lightning bolt from any distance.
Arrows, bombs, Hookshot, and Deku Nuts. I should note that most of these aren't going to let Byleth retaliate well since they'd only get hurt or stunned. The Fairy Sword's also got a pretty good ranged given its a melee weapon
So both has their own healing items and auto resurrection, although Byleth has more variety. Although, it should be highly noted that it is not mention in Link’s Standard Equipment they possess healing items such as their potions and fairies, so I am not sure if Link has them in this fight.
Its the Powers and Abilities section, yes, Link has his healing items. Byleth has more variety, but most of their techniques aren't going to be effective if Link's attacks are going to be more than they can recover from
I know that a chateau romani is a certain type of milk iirc but I don’t see it anywhere on the profile (neither P&A or Standard Equipment), so I assume Link does not have it in this fight.
Milk actually is brought up in the Powers and Abilities section
How effective is this mask when in actual combat, I remember long time ago it was only used for animal and gossip stones. Is it possible to use it to read a human’s mind.
Its said that the Mask can read the minds of Hylians, so I can't see why it wouldn't work on a human
Does the Song of Healing calm and pacify aggressive enemies? I though it was only used for any troubled souls or spirit and evil magic
The Song of Healing worked on innocent and malicious individuals alike. Given it can also work on those who still have a physical body, there's no reason it shouldn't work on Byleth
Stone Mask sounds busted. Though Byleth has ES which allows them to block a surprise attack they didn’t expect.
Link has the skill advantage as well as stealth mastery. Byleth likely wouldn't be able to block his attacks as easily as they would with a regular surprise attack. Especially with ranged attacks

Last edited:
Back