• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When Creators Cry: Answer Arcs (Yes, it's a downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are starting with the assumption that multiple ladders is a well established thing and isn't just some shaky headcanon assumed based on minimal evidence.
I wasn't asserting the Umineko cosmology literally works like this. It was an analogy for the statement used not necessarily meaning a single ladder, hence I tried to get that dude to explain the context of it being a single ladder.

Though, I don't know why certain people think asking for context is arguing for a tier.

I wasn't asserting the Umineko cosmology literally works like this. It was an analogy for the statement used not necessarily meaning a single ladder, hence I tried to get that dude to explain the context of it being a single ladder.
Taking an argument apart in a vacuum isn't really helpful. You have to also consider what exactly the argument is countering and what are the assumptions it builds upon.

Anyway, do you still have any issues with it?

I want to correct about few stuff right here.

1. The hierarchy is not infinite, lambdadelta said it's infinite but that's just her thought, and not an factual statement.
Lambdadelta's statement got debunked by asumu/piece in last note.
She literally said the hierarchy has end point, which mean the hierarchy is just 1-B.

2. How does being a great witch give High 1-B in tier? Hanyuu furude is a great witch, yet she's just 6th dimensional being.
Great witch is just Higher rank witch than the speaker.

3. The creator was explained as Omnipotent and omniscient who created everything and completely boundless from all notion of restriction <- it was explained in original japanese version, idk why in english version they change some of the statement. (I play the raw version and have the scan, i can send it later)

1. The hierarchy is not infinite, lambdadelta said it's infinite but that's just her thought, and not an factual statement.
She literally said the hierarchy has end point, which mean the hierarchy is just 1-B.
If the hierarchy's endpoint is the creator, then I'm not sure if this is the best argument

2. How does being a great witch give High 1-B in tier? Hanyuu furude is a great witch, yet she's just 6th dimensional being.
Scans for the 6D stuff? Cause even regular witches are 1B, so this doesn't make much sense.

3. The creator was explained as Omnipotent and omniscient who created everything and completely boundless from all notion of restriction <- it was explained in original japanese version, idk why in english version they change some of the statement. (I play the raw version and have the scan, i can send it later)
I mean, it doesn't really change much seeing as Omnipotence doesn't mean that much on the wiki

She literally said the hierarchy has end point, which mean the hierarchy is just 1-B
Scan for thIs, Lambdadelta's statement was Maybe our world like going down an Infinite ladder
How does being a great witch give High 1-B in tier? Hanyuu furude is a great witch, yet she's just 6th dimensional being.
Scan
The creator was explained as Omnipotent and omniscient who created everything and completely boundless from all notion of restriction <- it was explained in original japanese version, idk why in english version they change some of the statement. (I play the raw version and have the scan, i can send it later)
Doesn't really change much

If the hierarchy's endpoint is the creator, then I'm not sure if this is the best argument
What do you mean thats not the best argument? I just pointing out that the hierarchy can't be infinite becuase it has end point.
Infinite should be never end.
Scans for the 6D stuff? Cause even regular witches are 1B, so this doesn't make much sense.

I will send it later, im still at work right now.
I mean, it doesn't really change much seeing as Omnipotence doesn't mean that much on the wiki
Well, i just pointing out that the original japanese version talking about singular creator who is omnipotent and creator of everything.
While the english version talking about multiple creators.

I think we should follow the original japanese version than the english version.

What do you mean thats not the best argument? I just pointing out that the hierarchy can't be infinite becuase it has end point.
Infinite should be never end.
We kinda use infinite as a set for everything.
I will send it later, im still at work right now.
Ik which scan you are referring to, but it is her human domain manifestation.
Well, i just pointing out that the original japanese version talking about singular creator who is omnipotent and creator of everything.
While the english version talking about multiple creators.
I think we should follow the original japanese version than the english version.
I already proved how the japanese also was about several Creators. Did you read the OP?

We kinda use infinite as a set for everything.
In this case is not about infinite set, its about the context of statement itself.
When lambdadelta stated about infinite ladder, she's not even sure about her own statement. "Maybe our world like going down an infinite ladder"
That's just her assumtion which got debunked by asumu/piece in last note.
"My master reached that peak, then realize that was not a place to go for those with will and then returned"

featherine found the Highest point of the ladder which lead to the creator domain.

Sooo the hierarchy has end point/ not infinite.
Ik which scan you are referring to, but it is her human domain manifestation.
No, thats from her database which stated she come from beyond 5th dimension.
I already proved how the japanese also was about several Creators. Did you read the OP?
I do, but i think you wrong at some point.
There are 2 kind of creators.
1. The original creator who created everything.
2. Creator witches.

Creator witches are not the creator, they are creators but not the one who created all of existance.

I agree with this. But the thing is, this website is extremely lax with the usage of infinity. Things like infinity having an endpoint isn't seen as a contradiction here, otherwise it would initiate mass downgrades for a lot of other verses. Hence for the sake of fairness this shouldn't be used as a counter argument.

I also agree here. Arbitrary terms like "great witch" don't really provide any concrete evidence for anything at all and idk why we give such arguments a pass just because they are being used for Umineko. Wouldn't work for several other verses.

In this case is not about infinite set, its about the context of statement itself.
When lambdadelta stated about infinite ladder, she's not even sure about her own statement. "Maybe our world like going down an infinite ladder"
That's just her assumtion which got debunked by asumu/piece in last note.
"My master reached that peak, then realize that was not a place to go for those with will and then returned"

featherine found the Highest point of the ladder which lead to the creator domain.

Sooo the hierarchy has end point/ not infinite.

No, thats from her database which stated she come from beyond 5th dimension.

2. Creator witches.

Creator witches are not the creator, they are creators but not the one who created all of existance.
This literally makes sense but doesn't infinite have an end?I thought only uncountable infinite didn't have an end.

2. Creator witches.

There's never been any differentation on that subject. The only proof of an "original The Creator" is a mistranslation of a line in Lambda Memoirs.

Unless you can debunk both the japanese, context, and Ryushiki07 own words; there is no singular "The Creator" except in some guys' headcanon.

I'm starting to seriously be tired of people who consider this kinda stuff to rule over the work itself.

I agree with this. But the thing is, this website is extremely lax with the usage of infinity. Things like infinity having an endpoint isn't seen as a contradiction here, otherwise it would initiate mass downgrades for a lot of other verses. Hence for the sake of fairness this shouldn't be used as a counter argument.
Here it is more because infinity is a set the moment you apply it to a structure (at least in fiction).
Unless it is continuously stretching or growing.

Well i play both the original japanese version and english version.
Im pretty sure the original one stated about the creator who is the one who created everything which does not exist in english version.

In the interview, ryukishi also stated about featherine being the closest thing to a god but not the god itself.

He also stated there are multiple writers/creators like featherine but they are not the God who began all of existance.

In the interview, ryukishi also stated about featherine being the closest thing to a god but not the god itself.

He also stated there are multiple writers/creators like featherine but they are not the God who began all of existance.
Can you post those interview statements???
Because that's extremely important if true

Can you post those interview statements???
Because that's extremely important if true
Sure

"R07: That’s one way to look at it. Featherine is the closest thing to a god in that world, the world’s guardian. So there’s no doubt that she’s the strongest character in the story. At the same time, it’s pretty embarrassing. I made myself appear in my work and wrote “I’m super strong~!” (laughs) Isn’t it like a fantasy novel with the author himself as the strongest hero?"

"R07: In the Episode 6 tips, the reason why Featherine is “living and dying” is because when she was a piece, she knew that she was a character who was being written by someone else, and she didn’t doubt that it was her free will. She died because she realized it was a thing that was being done. But she came back as a writer herself. And without shame or prejudice, she gained true free will by drawing herself in her own work. She may be in a world of relay comics now. Maybe she exists in a world where she writes her own characters, but the rest of her work is written by multiple writers."

Well i play both the original japanese version and english version.
Im pretty sure the original one stated about the creator who is the one who created everything which does not exist in english version.
I put the jap in the OP and it never says such a thing.
That's the guy asking a question who formulated it this way. Ryushiki07's answers clearly says she's a Creator and match everything made in-verse.
There are several Creators yes. Your idea of a single one who created existence is still a headcanon.

"R07: That’s one way to look at it. Featherine is the closest thing to a god in that world, the world’s guardian.
The keyword is "that". It says she is the closest thing to God in that world. That is, her avatar is the closest being to the creator(same thing as an author avatar being the closest thing to an author).

Removed Santa and Creator from the verse pages, both need to be deleted.
I have deleted the two pages, but these other pages need to have their links to them updated:

I also edited the cosmology page n the verse one, but Truths are still locked so can't do anything 'bout them rn.
I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

I think we should remove High 1-B rating, being a great witch to attain that tier does not make sense.
As i said before, the great witch is just higher rank witch than the speaker.

And the infinite hierarchy does not have solid explanation beside lambdadelta's assumption which got contradiction.

I agree with 1-B stuff but totally dissagree with high 1-B stuff

I think we should remove High 1-B rating, being a great witch to attain that tier does not make sense.
As i said before, the great witch is just higher rank witch than the speaker.

And the infinite hierarchy does not have solid explanation beside lambdadelta's assumption which got contradiction.

I agree with 1-B stuff but totally dissagree with high 1-B stuff
We have no Great Witch profiles.

Also infinity having an end isn't enough to disprove it since we litteraly have tiers above High 3-A, 2-A or High 1-B.

Also infinity having an end isn't enough to disprove it since we litteraly have tiers above High 3-A, 2-A or High 1-B.
What do you mean by having tier above High 1-B disprove the High 1-B contradiction?
1-A can still be attained without having High 1-B cosmology.

Basically according to you infinity having an end here is supposed to debunk stuff.

If it was the case nobody would be above High 3-A.
That's literally different case with this one.
Infinite 3D space is nothing compared to 4D which mean the 3D space with infinite size can be surpassed by Higher dimensional structure.

This is not about size, but number of said hierarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back