• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's the tier for changing the colors of reality?

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
On a multi-solar system scale.

I found a feat like this on The Fairly OddParents!, done by only one character in the ep Where is Wanda?

He does this as a result of Timmy wishing something somewhat unrelated (stuff like that happens a lot), another character recognizes the change in colors and we see Cosmo undoing it by the end of the ep. As well as doing it again off-screen.

BlackandwhiteWorld1-FOP
BlackandwhiteWorld2-FOP
I will btw later be applying MFTL+ Attack Speed with Magic for all Fairies due to this.

Wouldn't you have to like, modify matter of all of something to change its color entirely?

Then how would you do it? I fail to see how doing this to many stars doesn't give a tier.

Yobo Blue said:
It depends on the specifics of the feat really.
Everything wasn't just black and white on the outside, so there is that. I'm 100% sure I can say that this is Matter Manip on a multi-solar system scale (definitely not saying that is its tier).

Looks like it happened in an instant, don't know if it's multi-solar system in range tho.

The scene also cuts there, when he undoes it we see a wave traveling in the room in which that takes place.

I'm neutral on the speed thing.

But the feat is definitely not tierable, as it has no offensive potency. Instead, this feat is just another example of Light Manipulation. As we can see in 7:43, the text "Technicolor!" appears, which implies the technicolor technology. I suppose that this text means nothing, however.

Going over other feat on FOP, here at 17:40 a character with a wand was about to enter into a book about physics, which Timmy and Wanda recognized as a major threat as the changes he may do there will alter reality, and in Timmy's words "He could turn gravity into gravy, he could turn the planets into plants!", which he says with visuals showing that, specifically on the latter we see the planets in the solar system turning into planet-sized plants.

Would that be tierable?

Do the fairies have Physics Manipulation currently btw? And this might be a "X tier via hax" thing but I'm not sure if it should scale to their normal attack potency.

On that topic, going by Timmy's statement it could also be really good Text Manipulation or Information Manipulation.

Didn't this also happen in The Same Game, where Timmy wished everyone in the world looked exactly the same while also turning the whole world grey?

Andytrenom said:
Do the fairies have Physics Manipulation currently btw? And this might be a "X tier via hax" thing but I'm not sure if it should scale to their normal attack potency.
Timmy has it, as well as all the powers shown in the show, and the profile clarifies which ones he never used. Other Fairies just have a "access to all the powers Timmy Turner has" text in their profiles after enlisting the powers they have shown to use.

Andytrenom said:
On that topic, going by Timmy's statement it could also be really good Text Manipulation or Information Manipulation.
It is, but it was also going to alteral reality and the same magic doing that should be perfectly capable of doing the same without changing some words in a book. Other books changed in that ep, which unlike this one were fictional stories, made the collective knowledge about them change in reality as well. The situation doesn't become a threat if reality weren't in danger, which is the context of the feat.

Starter Pack said:
Didn't this also happen in The Same Game, where Timmy wished everyone in the world looked exactly the same while also turning the whole world grey?
Iirc it could have been just a visual a Fairy World still had colors, I think?

The whole plot point of Timmy using the failed grey flamingo casserole, which turned pink, to isolate himself from everyone else, blows that right out of the water.

Edit: Also the fact that he attempted other ways of making color but failed, such as using grey markers on grey paper.

Hmm, that's true. I will later check if that can be a speed feat.

I guess its a feat of speed, because If you can change the whole color of a solar system in a few seconds it means that your light traveled at FTL+

Here at 3:32 is the feat in The Same Game, Timmy specifically wishes for everyone & everything in the world to look exactly the same, this affects space and stars but not Fairies and Fairy World. When granting the wish we see the poof of it expanding, so I assume this can very well be a speed feat.

As for the feat of turning planets into plants, once again, could that be calc'd?

I wouldn't qualify this normal as AP normal Speedy feat, one dos notas chance the color of things with AP, and its more range than speed.

Eficiente said:
As for the feat of turning planets into plants, once again, could that be calc'd?
Again, that just looks like some basic reality warping / transmutation. Probably planet level if I had to give it a tier, large planet at most.

Turning that planets into plants comes from rewriting a book of Physics, so technically its Physics Manipulation, that can be interpreted as Reality Warping in this case.

Once again, the magic doing that is perfectly able to do the same without rewriting a book, if anything that's a limitation, not a requirement, there is no reason to dismiss the feat as Physics Manip. I'm asking if the Transmutation done there that alters many planets at once could be calc'd.

Transmuting planets into plants is simply not possible with AP, with planetary range transmutation one can do that, and most fairies change stuff via Reality Warping.

Ah btw the former feat also gives Timmy Type 3 Conceptual Manip next to Physics Manip in his profile, if someone wants to disagree with that now would be the time.

Eficiente said:
Ah btw the former feat also gives Timmy Type 3 Conceptual Manip next to Physics Manip in his profile, if someone wants to disagree with that now would be the time.
I think Timmy Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3) could be legit. I think one could actually find Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3) evidence like Yukari Yakumo's or Beiloune writing/naming based Conceptual Manipulation

• 3. Aristotelian Concept: Such concepts are abstract and govern all reality. These concepts shape everything, and changing them would either require the alteration of every object of the concept or, if manipulated directly, change all objects of the concept alongside the concept itself. These concepts, however, exist simultaneously with and are bound by the object of the concept. In this way, an abstract Aristotelian Concept can be destroyed by destroying all objects of the concept, restored by re-making an object of a previously existent concept, or changed by changing all objects of the concept across reality. This, however, does not qualify for this form of conceptual manipulation, and is rather treated as a byproduct of another action akin to a "domino effect". This type of conceptual manipulation can only be obtained if the abstract concept itself is changed directly, and not by indirect methods. For example, destroying humanity and thus "ending the concept of humanity" would not qualify, while directly "ending the concept of humanity" and thus destroying humanity would qualify.
I don't want to derail futher so I will stop on the topic.

@Elizhaa You sure that alone was enough? because I remember watching a clip where Misogi explicitly stated he erased the concept of a color so the situation may be very different.

Back