• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tier is creating hundreds of thousands of 8-Bs?

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
So a character can create at least a hundred thousand magical snakes, each of which individually has city block level attacks. What tier would this be?

Going by pure multiplication gives 7-A, mountain level, which corroborates a statement of her being able to destroy a town, but she's never shown an attack using all of that energy, nor has she harmed or taken damage from someone that could destroy all of those snakes.

It seems weird to give 7-A when she's never actually shown anything on that level, but staying 8-B seems weird too.

How do we know it's 100,000 snakes?
The original light novel describes the scene saying "þ®║ÚûôÒü½µ¼íÒÇàÒü¿ÒÇüÞøçÒüîÕç║þÅ¥ÒüùÒüƒÒü«Òüá――ÒüØÒéîÒüôÒüØÒÇüÕìüõ©çÕî╣Òü®ÒüôÒéìÒüºÒü»ÒüìÒüïÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé", translated effectively saying that a bunch of snakes appeared, exactly 100,000 of them, although the character seemingly isn't sure.

Given she created all of them more or less at the same time, yes, she would be 7-A. She outputted enough energy to create 10.000 8-B snakes, so her AP scales to said output.

I'm sorry, but what exactly implies she used energy to create them? Last time I checked, you can create stuff via hax as well.

Wouldn't it scale to AP since she's not transforming something that exists already, or transporting it from another realm, but simply creating them?

In other scenes she creates snakes to fashion into spears.

If it's done via Matter Manipulation, then I can agree with it. But assuming other forms of Creation always need energy too is incorrect.

Since she already has Matter Manipulation as a power, and there's no other mechanism for Creation established within the verse, it's probably done through that.

This really depends on a lot of factors....such as how they were created...the medium that is being looked at....and the context behind the town level statement.

Some statements might be hyperbole or unquantifiable....but when you have a statement such as "He can obliterate the entire city with the snap of his fingers" in a novel...not taking it at face value is a low ball.

The Õìüõ©ç (100,000) in the quote has it being followed by ÒüìÒüïÒü¬Òüä which is actually a negative.

"Wild ALRF has appeared!"

@Seventy

It's from Monogatari series, but I don't know which one it is, as I only watched Kizumonogatari.

The statement also has it that they appeared one after another, not creating them instantly but it's not 100 000 for sure

@Rebuble I just realized I got the timeframe way off on that. It was two months not overnight.

She takes residence at a shrine which over the series is exceedingly run down, when she first arrives after turning into a goddess she destroys it until it's in this state, when we next see it two months later it's in this state.

@ALRF You're right, would that have a large effect on the result?

Everyone else is right, it's Monogatari Series: Second Season.

Can't lie to you, i'm not sure on this kind of stuff

Just wanted to comment on the japanese stuff

Renovated seems like a bad word considering the state it was in, being basically a concrete slab with a few pieces of wood sticking out, perhaps rebuilt is more accurate?

It doesn't fit at all with the character or what we see for it to have been rebuilt by hand, but perhaps it is better to doubt it.

It is definitely better to doubt it.

With that being said, I think "Creation" should be changed to "Summoning", and Nadeko herself should be "At least 10-B physically, 8-B with Summoning".

Seems reasonable, should I chop Matter Manipulation or just add a "possibly" to it?

Back