• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What the Vex did on Nessus - Folding Space-time into Six Extra Dimensions

Catalyst75

The longest serving member
https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/exodus-down?highlight=Nessus

Captain's Logbook. Ship, if we ever figure out the date, would you backfill it here? Thanks.
We are stranded on an outbound Centaur. With every word I speak, we fall further from our sun. 7066 Nessus shouldn't be here, but there was no way to anticipate the way it pulled us in.
Ship's guess is that our orbital momentum—what we'd call a four-vector, for the dimensions of space and time—was somehow folded away into six extra dimensions. Leaving us on a crash orbit towards Nessus…

We have lost all sense of time. Past and future are like up and down, and we would walk them if we could, back to a place before Nessus, but we will always be on Nessus, too. I don't know. I don't know. They are trying to understand us. They must think like rivers. We are now receiving our own distress calls. I sound calmer than I feel.

This is based on what the ship thinks (the Failsafe AI, perhaps), but it potentially means the Vex are capable of manipulating up to 10 dimensions.

Bump.

Would you say this implies the Vex can manipulate up to 10 dimensions? If so, how would that change the paracausal characters of the setting?

Interesting...might want to call in Why, the destiny experts, and Exodia, the forbidden one (Wokistan lel).

We saw that before, yeah. Also infinite D pyramidion. Issue being dimensions need to be proven to be of an actual superiority as opposed to dimensions just as axes.

Also are you ever gonna join the destiny discord where most of the discussion on the verse takes place or

Sure.

Comment on this thread when you join, for verification purposes

10-D space time is something that is proposed by the Super String Theory.The space is already folded into 6 extra dimensions besides the 3 dimensions we know of.This was proposed because the math dealing with the string theory required extra dimensions besides the existing ones. 6 extra dimensions exist as Calabi-Yau Manifolds in Super string theory.They are all very small and hence we don't percieve dimensions beyond 3 spatial dimensions.Take it like this...if you look at a 3D object from a large distance, you perceive it as a lower dimensional object.The same happens here, 6 extra dimensions of space exist as Calabi-Yau manifolds and the size is on a planck length scale.This complex manifold and everything else in this universe is formed as a result of 1-D strings vibrating according to the String Theory. It can be considered as a certain character having higher dimensional perception which is basically how we assign what dimensional something is.We might be 11-D(according to M-Theory which unifies all the theories) but we only have lower dimensional perceptions which effectively makes us lower dimensional beings.

Having a 10-D perception and being able to consciously interact with and manipulate/ fold the lower dimensions into higher dimensions does definitely make a character 10 Dimensional but I don't know if this wiki considers this because being able to destroy space time/ a Universe is a 10-D space time destruction in Super string theory and 11-D destruction in M-theory.And being a higher dimensional being this way has got nothing to do with AP but I don't understand why a higher dimension being can destroy an infinite lower dimensional space.Changing the lower dimensional space into a higher dimension one is the best they can do

Yes although it's an interesting statement there sadly isn't enough evidence for the Vex actually being able to manipulate reality on a 10-D scale.

Well they can certainly manipulate reality in higher dimensional scale. The issue is that simply just being higher dimensional isn't enough for the tiers anymore. You gotta have ut shown in the verse that a higher dimension is all transcendent and shit from the previous one, because that isnt actually how the math works out irl.

Back