• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is The Hero?

In Novel Kars vs Medaka (Specifically the one that was added), an ability called "The Hero" was restricted. Just from a quick search, I couldn't find an ability called "The Hero" on either one of their profiles. While I did find an ability on Medaka's profile known as "Unknown Hero", it dosn't seem to be all that ridiculous by these two's standards, nor would it be the type of power that would be allowed to be restricted in a versus debate and be added. So, what is this "The Hero" power and who has it? That is my question.

I think its this:

The End (Õ«îµêÉ, Ji Endo): Medaka is capable of learning Abnormalities and completely mastering them, to the extent that she can use them to one hundred and twenty percent of their capability, becoming more skilled with them than even their original owners. This ability allows her to learn any skill quickly, from simple skills like baseball to the impossible feats performed by the members of the Thirteen Party.

I doubt that. That's one of her esenssial powers and is the main similarity the two characters have. Disabling that would be like disabling Kars' U N D E R S T A N D ing.

Its not that. Its Medaka's NLFy plot armor where she is the main character and will always win. I believe these kinds of character archetypes are kinda important in Medaka Box. Its similar to Joji's Beyond, but much more proactive. Since its hax level would obviously scale above Ajimu who herself is unscalable, it led to some very bold claims by a certain fiery user, after which it was asked to be removed.

I see. I also noticed that it wasn't mentioned under the fight on Medaka's profile. Is it because it was considered just the plot and not an actual assisting force in canon?

Since it's clearly a Medaka Box thing I'll remove the Kars stuff from the topics.

I still don't see how it would make it a stomp, though. While weaker, Kars has fought Plot Armor incarnate. Not to mention, if The Hero isn't 5D or higher Kars can just UNDERSTAND it, though maybe The Hero makes it so he can't.

We removed it from her file. It was plot armor. It was sorta treated as an ability but we decided it didn't count given all the other people she named that'd have it and such./

The Hero is one example of something that happens dozens of times in Medaka Box, where sparse statements with no feats and questionable reliability can be reasonably interpreted in two ways. One which is extremely high power and one which is extremely low power.

You can take the couple of statements about Medaka being a main character and that's why Ajimu can't beat her to be literal plot armor that lets Medaka beat characters that are far stronger than her physically and which can nullify all of her abilities (such as Ajimu). Or you can interpret it as an analogy from Ajimu based on her canonically delusional view that the world is fictional because of how insanely overpowered she is.

The Hero as an ability has been going on and off Medaka's profile over the years (and I've heard whispers of a CRT for re-introducing it) precisely because either interpretation is plausible and supported by the text.

Well if either interpritation is plausible then I think that's literally what the "Possibly" category exists for.

Well The Hero was basically "plot armor" or "the ability to be the main character of a story". Ajimu said "i am far stronger than Medaka and i can nullify her skills however i still cannot win against her, because she is the main character". I do not believe that it's just "things that can go together and make sense" like agnaa says. There is a difference between not winning cus you don't want to and because you're delusional, and every character that is not you losing because it is stated that the reason is "i am the main character". But anyway, that was the thing, just plot going in her favor. It was either assumed to be too strong and restricted from threads or restricted because the potency may be questionable due to scaling Ajimu Najimi. But yeah that's the hero.

Btw just to give you more context on how perfect of a show Medaka Box is. Remember how Iihiko Shishime was the first person (hero) Ajimu couldn't win against? And remember how Iihiko was a fairy tail hero? Meaning the first hero was born 5000 years ago?

Well:

The Brothers Grimm believed that European fairy tales derived from the cultural history shared by all Indo-Europea peoples and were therefore ancient, far older than written records. This view is supported by research by the anthropologist Jamie Tehrani and the folklorist Sara Graca Da Silva using phylogenetic analysis, a technique developed by evolutionary biologists to trace the relatedness of living and fossil species. Among the tales analysed were Jack and the Beanstalk, traced to the time of splitting of Eastern and Western Indo-European, over 5000 years ago.

From the wikipedia.

Firephoenixearl said:
I do not believe that it's just "things that can go together and make sense" like agnaa says. There is a difference between not winning cus you don't want to and because you're delusional, and every character that is not you losing because it is stated that the reason is "i am the main character".
To hone in on this part, it would be much more convincing if there was ever even a single fight where it was said "X character won because they were a hero." The way you're stating things implies this happens but that's completely false.

Every single win in Medaka Box is given a different plot-consistent reason for why they won. The mentions of Medaka being unbeatable because she's a hero are just statements from Ajimu that are never tested in fights, because Ajimu has no reason to take a fight she thinks/knows she's going to lose.

>It's only stated by an omniscient being. And said omniscient being "did" test this on every other hero besides Medaka (at this point she was just tired of trying to beat the heroes who she knew she couldn't win against).

Yeah sure.

Isn't her omniscience from a single statement that showed that she could get any knowledge she wants but she decides not to?

Another case of a sparse statements with 0 feats backing it up that has a high interpretation and a low interpretation, as well as things pointing against it. Things such as her needing a skill to count her number of skills. Why does an omniscient being need an ability to know something? As well as her needing the flask plan to create the perfect human, she shouldn't have needed to run it for hundreds of years to gather data if she had the knowledge already.

Also, we don't know that she tested it on every other hero, we only know of her fighting Iihiko who beat Ajimu for completely non plot-related reasons; because he's immune to all her abilities and can negate her durability.

@Agnaa

Well Ajimu stated that the reason she couldn't win vs Iihiko is the same reason she couldn't win vs Medaka. Even though Medaka possesses no "im immune".

@Fire Let's walk back through the argument again.

You: Medaka wins and the reason given is because she's the hero.

Me: She wins but another explanation is always given, there's never a fight where it's said to be because she's a hero.

You: Ajimu tried fighting against every hero and lost.

Me: We only know that she only fought against Iihiko, who won for non-plot reasons.

You: Ajimu said she couldn't win against Iihiko for the same reason she couldn't win against Medaka, but Medaka doesn't have a "im immune" ability.

Firstly, this doesn't actually show a time when Medaka or any character won because she's the hero, it's just a flashback to the earlier statement when Iihiko's introduced. This is what I called you out on and what you responded to. Secondly, Ajimu never failed to win against Medaka, she never tried to win against Medaka.

I agree that Medaka has no logical reason to be able to beat Ajimu, but we've never seen her do so, I've agreed with this since my first post in this thread. Bringing up Iihiko doesn't add anything to this, since he has a logical reason to win and was fought against, while Medaka doesn't and was never fought against.

My point is that you're misrepresenting things by saying that "Medaka won a fight and the explanation was given that she won because she was the hero", even though that never happened. That's my point, please stick to discussing it.

That's strictly to the future. She doesn't want to spoil the future of the story (as she says "don't want to turn the page"). The present and past are different.

Ajimu didn't say she didn't want to turn the page, the narrator said that people in general don't want to turn the page to spoil novels. It's an analogy to experiences the reader has made by the narrator. It's not Ajimu saying that her omniscience only applies to the past. Here's the sca for anyone to check out.

I think that Fire is saying that Ajimu is only willing to look into the past and present, not that she can't. Actually, that scan almost looks like a conversation.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Ajimu stated that All Fiction stood a chance against her, which would explain her being defeatist about Medaka.
Not really, Kumagawa said that it's not enough to defeat her, All Fiction is ineffective against her. And that doesn't explain much.

I think that Fire is saying that Ajimu is only willing to look into the past and present, not that she can't. Actually, that scan almost looks like a conversation.
But even then, knowing about Iihiko being there, knowing how many skills she has, knowing how to make a perfect human are all things that omniscience in the present or past would tell you. She just isn't willing to utilize her omniscience to discover the answers to things.

We literally have zero showing of Medaka's All Fiction, literally one mention and it was when Ajimu was already dead, as Agnaa said, we can't extrapolate things to headcanon. Her AF is indeed better but we can't explain everything regarding the plot to "she has this ability so it explain..."

Medaka's All Fiction is better.
Medaka with Medaka's All Fiction lost to Ajimu in the Doppelganger fight.

Actually, now that I think about it, that Doppelganger fight doesn't make sense either. How the **** did Zenkichi beat Kumagawa even though Kumagawa has All Fiction? How are they all equal with their Doppelgangers despite this seemingly missing abilities?

Agnaa said:
Medaka with Medaka's All Fiction lost to Ajimu in the Doppelganger fight.

Actually, now that I think about it, that Doppelganger fight doesn't make sense either. How the **** did Zenkichi beat Kumagawa even though Kumagawa has All Fiction? How are they all equal with their Doppelgangers despite this seemingly missing abilities?
Because

Dat plot

The Smashor said:
Well if either interpritation is plausible then I think that's literally what the "Possibly" category exists for.
Yeah, let's just give Medaka a 9-A low-end (the 8-B feat's getting downgraded), and a 1-A plot auto-win high end, just use possibly.

Also she possibly has passive mind-wipe, infinite energy, 4D hax, etc...

The Smashor said:
I said if either interpritation is possible.
That's exactly what I mean. Medaka box has a ludicrously high reasonable interpretation, and a relatively low reasonable interpretation. Especially because there's 2 dozen points in the series like this that can all stack with each other.

Firephoenixearl said:
Btw just to give you more context on how perfect of a show Medaka Box is. Remember how Iihiko Shishime was the first person (hero) Ajimu couldn't win against? And remember how Iihiko was a fairy tail hero? Meaning the first hero was born 5000 years ago?
Well:

The Brothers Grimm believed that European fairy tales derived from the cultural history shared by all Indo-Europea peoples and were therefore ancient, far older than written records. This view is supported by research by the anthropologist Jamie Tehrani and the folklorist Sara Graca Da Silva using phylogenetic analysis, a technique developed by evolutionary biologists to trace the relatedness of living and fossil species. Among the tales analysed were Jack and the Beanstalk, traced to the time of splitting of Eastern and Western Indo-European, over 5000 years ago.

From the wikipedia.
@Agnaa i found the answer to your question back then.

Back