• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is a verse you don't like, but the majority of people do like?

HxH it's boring as hell to me. And all the "twist" aren't enough to carry it.

Marvel Comics I like a lot of the characters but the storylines and the threat of some characters is annoying to say the least.

Yea Rimuru is no Mary Sue or flawless in the LN, things don't always go his way, and if you think Rimuru was among the strongest in the anime, i got news for you, he was a small fish in a large pond.

He was the strongest in the Great Jura Forest but the world is far larger than that.

Even among his subordinates a couple are arguably stronger, though you can either take that as Rimuru downplaying himself as he always does or they are just more skilled and knowledgeable which is true seeing as Diablo is an ancient primordial being who has mastered all the laws of the world.

@Milly Btw i heard in like volume 10 some new otherworlder and Rimuru will fight or something, if Hinata with a unique skill can give Rimuru a good fight wonder if this new girl has an ultimate skill.

Also guessing she can bypass his Universal Barrier since apparently it's running joke that it means shit to top tier characters.

It's not like I hate them, but I found most of Isekai series to be quite cringy. This type of genre is quite popular nowdays from my perspective and most of them uses game style system or power, which isn't appealing at all imo.

The same can be said to Shonen genre. Used to love this genre as kid but now, I just don't find it interesting anymore with very few exceptions.

I watched few big isekai's but I never liked any of them (except for Re:Zero, it was good, Konosuba wasn't that bad but was very repeatable)

I was so happy for Masayuki, until you said it was a female. But alrighty, hope she's got some good feats.

And Slime LN works like HxH's Chimera Ants to Dark Continent. Yeah, the former is stronger, but the latter reaches another dimension of power.

Bendy and the Ink Machine. It was good until Chapter 5's ending, and both ways of interpreting it are just bad. Either Henry, the protagonist, is stuck in an infinite time loop, or it's just another "it was just a made up bedtime story" cliche.

Fate/stay-night

Fate/stay-night plays out as a generic Shonen due to the tropes it possesses. MC having ridiculous plot armour? Check. MC also having a hidden power to use in the climax? Check. Characters making dumb decisions rather than being pragmatic for the sake of the plot? Check. Female characters being little more than a collection of harem archtypes and overall just trophies for the protagonist? Check. A mountain of contrived power ups? You better belive it. Along with pointless slice of life, and it focused on too many things which led to long-winded infodumps and explanations (most of which weren't very well applied to the story).

Fairy Tail had potential at the beginning (till Tower of Joy Arc) after I realized what it will be and my hope died.

Bleach, the side-characters are more interesting than Ichigo.

Dragon Ball Super I can't even bring enough words for it at how disappointed I was.

RWBY after Season 3 went from bad to worse.

Sword Art Online, too much to say.

Inuyasha went from good to bad too fast.

Isekai is very varied, i can give you several different types of ways isekai can go:

-Action: Probably something revolving a demon lord or defeating some major threat

-Dungeon Building: The mc is the master of a dungeon,

-City Building: The mc seeks to build a city, slime falls into this

-Fantasy/Adventure: Mc travels around exploring the world

-Slice of life- Stories follows the mc's daily life, story is meant to be relaxing.

-Otomo- Mc is trapped in a dating sim of sorts

-Revenge- Mc was betrayed and wants revenge.

There are overlaps of course, I could go on and on, the point is Isekai is very varied, there is probably something there you might like if you look.

We haven't gotten any anime yet for the dungeon or otomo types of isekai, nor revenge really, Arifureta isn't a revenge story so that doesn't count.

Talking something like Nidome no Yuusha where everything is screwed, mc was betrayed by his friends and killed, his family was already dead due to his summoning as it kills everyone related to him and he was used as tool and then discard, his crazy companion wants his body to experimented on, he was on the run etc.

I just can't take isekai seriously after hearing shit titles like "I, a Demon Lord, Took a Slave Elf as My Wife, but How Do I Love Her?"

In terms of Versus Debating, that would be Pokemon, Mario and Warhammer 40,000 for me (Anyone who's known me on this website for an extended period of time knows that)

In terms of not versus debating, that's a bit harder to figture out. I guess I haven't really enjoyed playing any Legend of Zelda games all that much. I've played Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild. The games are amazing, just not the kinds of games I enjoy.

SpookyShadow said:
"Isekai (Japanese: þò░õ©ûþòî, transl. "different world") is the portal fantasy subgenre of Japanese light novels, manga, anime, and video games."

Idk
I say this because in regards to genre, isekai is arbitrarily and selectively labeled to some media but not others.

Konosuba is given the label of "isekai" while a show like Yu Yu Hakusho isn't despite the entire premise of both shows is "a young boy dies in a car crash an goes to a different world (i.e. isekai)". At what point does isekai (different world) stops being a setting and starts being an entire subgenre?

Db super- literally GT 2.0 but slightly less shitty Steven Universe- overacted as hell and stopped being interesting long ago

RotofBots said:
SpookyShadow said:
"Isekai (Japanese: þò░õ©ûþòî, transl. "different world") is the portal fantasy subgenre of Japanese light novels, manga, anime, and video games."

Idk
I say this because in regards to genre, isekai is arbitrarily and selectively labeled to some media but not others.
Konosuba is given the label of "isekai" while a show like Yu Yu Hakusho isn't despite the entire premise of both shows is "a young boy dies in a car crash an goes to a different world (i.e. isekai)". At what point does isekai (different world) stops being a setting and starts being an entire subgenre?
https://i.gyazo.com/5e4af644476b313cb9eaa9cca21436d9.png

ChocomilkAlex said:
What are some of the flaws that Rimuru has?
One thing that's present throughout the whole story though the anime removed most of it is Rimuru's anxiousness and trust issue. There was only one part in the anime that really showed that, which was in Episode 14, where Rimuru was convinced that the Kijin would go their own way after the Orc Lord issue was resolved and it came as a big surprise to him that they'd stick around with him afterwards. The LN and manga got much more of such similar such cases. In the LN Rimuru is outright paranoid during the Ifrit incident and even suspects that the Ifrit outburst is all a distraction for some sort of scheme of Ellen and the rest of the adventurer trio to stab Rimuru in the back. In the manga when getting the kids their spirits, Rimuru seriously worries that Kenya might slay him for being a monster.

Another issue is Rimuru's political inexperience and naivete. In the manga/LN Rimuru got tricked by the king of Blumund (the country the adventurer trio operates in usually) to sign a "mutual defense agreement" with them as part of a trade agreement, which basically means the monster nation having to step in for any conflicts and wars started against Blumund by other nations, while they on the other hand can't really offer much in return in terms of military power compared to Rimuru's nation of very strong monsters.

Rimuru also makes a rather naive, too "Earthern"-style of speech in the Dwarven nation, and the Dwarven King gave him "Zero points" for it because it doesn't fit in a world where survival of the fittest is the rule.

I am Rimuru, I am a totally Mary Sue. One of my rules is never to attack humans, certainly that can never lead to anything bad right? Right? Wait....

Also in the recent chapters he expected his subordinates to condemn him as a traitor for what happened, so yea he has trust issues.

Did we forgot to mention how basically everyone in the LN is busted? You might think Rimuru's abilities are ridiculous but there are guys just as broken if not more so, despite his genius intellect which can manipulate world wide events, he still gets his ass handed to him.

Going into more detail:

Bleach and Sonic are obvious ones for anyone who knows me.

Nothing else I really dislike than the three I've already named. Digimon is no longer my enemy since 2016 ended.

The LN does a far better job of expressing Rimuru's conflict of being a human in the body of a monster. Highly reconsider looking over this series, especially the LN.

Nope. They haven't. The non-combat based volumes of Slime, while not the most entertaining, shows the mindset of the world Rimuru is in, how much he cares for his people. Strength isn't necessarily the focus.

Back