• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello, VS Battles community. I'm sure most of the older members have been wondering for a long time why I have been absent for such an extended period, while the newer members have been wondering why the managing staff has a completely inactive bureaucrat.

My life for the past eight months has been...hard. I am a highly career-oriented person, and I suffered major setbacks around six months ago, some of which might take years to overcome. Life took twists and turns such that I lost contact with friends and family. I fell into a steep depression. My mental state progressively got worse, to the point where I was meticulously contemplating suicide as a worthwhile course of action. During those days, I was lucky enough that some new people came forward to support me, even when they didn't have to. They helped me overcome my mindset, and look ahead in life.

Which brings us to today, where I'm currently in the process of re-building my life and my career. Not only am I lacking time and energy for anything else, I am not in the right frame of mind to lead and the steer the course for the progress of this community. I have always taken the role of a bureaucrat seriously, and I cannot, should not, and will not lead a community that I am disconnected from. To that end, I would like to announce that, effective immediately, I will be stepping down from my position as a staff member.

Finally, I would like to clarify the purpose of this post; after all, I could have very well stepped down without posting anything. I did not do so to gain sympathy, or to help people understand; at this stage, neither of those things matter.

There is only one reason for this post, and that is to apologize. I took up responsibilities that I could not fulfill, I made promises that I could not keep; and for that, I am truly sorry. I took up a mantle to serve and help the community, yet I have not done that in a long time. Perhaps I even set a bad example as an inactive staff member, in which case I implore the community to not let my personal failures reflect on the capability and dedication of the VS Battles staff.

To my fellow staff members, both current and former, I am sorry for letting you dow. I thank you all for all your hard work, and as a soon-to-be former staff member, would like each and everyone of you to know that I will always understand and appreciate the scope and magnitude of your efforts.

To my fellow bureaucrats, I am sorry for not doing my part in helping you with this fantastic community. I have known each and every one of you quite well, and once again, I sincerely thank you for keeping this community alive and thriving. You are all wonderful, extremely capable people, and it is an honor to be considered a colleague of yours.

Lastly, I have a very personal apology for one person in particular, with whom it has been a pleasure to work with over the years. Antvasima, I am sorry for not being strong enough, old friend. Thank you for everything. You are the rock of this community, and it's been a great ride, from when you were my mentor to then my colleague, and always my friend.

Fun fact for those of you who don't know: I myself have been blocked from this community, albeit only once. And when I was, I got so frustrated and indignant at the unfair block that I decided to quit VS Battles wiki. Only, one person, who was a stranger at the time mind you, urged me to come back to this site, which then culminated into one of the best experiences of my life.

To the VS Battles wiki, and it's community: I wish you the very best, and I hope that you continue to remain the world's largest, warmest, and most accurate online fictional character combat analysis community. Thank you for everything, my time here has been one of the highlights of my life.

Goodbye :')

Oh, wow. It's too bad that you don't have time for the wiki, but I wish you nothing but the best in fixing your life. Real life always comes first, and I hope your situation improves.

Maybe, before you go, we could get a screencap of you in chat?

Just for memories sake. I completely respect your inability to keep going with this wiki, and I hope you can make your life the best it can be, even without us.

even though i have never known you, you sound like an amazing person and i wish only the best of luck for you and the rest of your days

and please don't think about suicide again it is a horrible path to take which messes everything up to the point that it can sometimes be unfixable

so i wish to you only the very best of luck and some homemade chocolate chip cookies! :)

I am incredibly sorry to hear about your various hardships. I feel there is nothing you need to apologize for at all, since these matters obviously take top priority. However I greatly respect you for being considerate and humble enough to still apologize.

Thank you for all of your tremendous work on the site. You were the most mature, level headed, intuitive and logical staff member in my opinion. Your leadership was second to none, and I will definitely miss having you as a staff member.

On a more personal note I'd also like to thank you for believing in me enough to promote me as a Discussion Moderator and walk me through my first step of becoming a staff here. That will always be one of the most special moments of my time here. I also of course have to thank you immensely for your support of me becoming a bureaucrat. All the aid you've given me means the world.

Also with all staff stuff aside I just want to thank you for being a cool guy to hang around with. While we talked very little, you were always super fun and down to earth. I always enjoyed when you were on chat.

With that I wish you the absolute best as your life now moves on forward. Take care, Kav :)

Holy... Kavpeny. I don't know what to say myself. Only that I'm truly grateful for all the time and effort and passion you've put into the wiki, and for being an integral part of this community for so long.

It is sad to see you go, but understandable. I can only wish for the very best in your life. That you may be happy and successful in whatever you seek in the future.

Goodbye, you've been a leader, a mentor, and I'd like to say a friend as well.

ALegendLeaves
Departed, but never forgotte

Like everyone else said, this is nothing to apologize for. Shit happens in life, and it should always take priority over this website.

Still, I wish you good luck for all your future projects and thank you for the efforts you have poured here. Take care.

Hi, KinkiestSins here. On my first account, I remember Kav and Ant were crats at the time and they were two of the main reasons I considered working on as much of the wiki as I did. I guess their general work ethic rubbed off on me and then faded, and now you are leaving. It is disheartening. As someone who has watched from afar, I thought you were a great leader and I think it is a shame that the vs wiki is losing a great staff member such as yourself. But real life takes precedence, I get that. I wish you the absolute best, You and Ant worked hard on this wiki together and I think while it is a pain to see you leave, I think it is in capable hands.

Even though I never got to know you. I think I speak for most of the people here when I say that I deeply respect you for all the immense effort you have put into this community, the wiki wouldn't be the same without your influence, and it is really sad to you go, but Life always takes priority over anything on the Internet.

Take care. c:

At least he will be missing all the annoying spam and gore some users like to do to the active users just because they dislike the website.

Just when the wiki feels like it's looking up. I've never really had an interaction with you, but I remember seeing your posts before you became inactive. You seemed like a great guy. Feel sorry I never got to chat with you. But anyways, it's no big deal...no it is a big deal, I mean we're losing a bureaucrat of all people. What I mean is: You shouldn't feel bad about leaving. This isn't your fault, and no one here blames you. Happy trails man, and good luck.

I'll be honest, as one of the newer members of this community, I honestly do not know who you are. I only joined about last February, so I've never had a good chance to know you or see you in action. However, what I can say is that I think I can sympathize with your need to cut unnecessary ties to give yourself some breathing room, and unfortunately, this community was one of them. I don't know how you've contributed to this community, but so I don't know how to respond to that. What I can say though is, godspeed. Whatever course of action you choose for the future, I know you will have the heart to make the right ones. It is always sad when a staff member leaves. However, nobody should see this as an ending, but rather as a new beginning. The next chapter of your life. And with that, I give you my best, from one stranger to another, and I wish you the best of luck for the rest of your life. Take care, and know that you will always have a home here, in case you, for whatever reason, decide to return.

Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back