• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I am blocked by Fandom and it seems I ain't coming back to edit stuff

Fandom has blocked me multiple times due to my IP getting banned. Apparently someone with the same IP has been doing spam wiki creation. I cannot change my IP and due to that I have recieved a block and, despite my innocence, which the Fandom staff seem to acknowledge, they will not be reverting my block.

I guess until some day I change my IP for whatever reason, I will not be able to create any more pages, make calcs ect. I will try doing stuff on discord but overall my prescense here will diminish.

Sorry lads, but I guess all good things eventually come to an end.

Damn man, that sucks. I wish you all the best out there.
Damn, gonna miss ya around these parts.
I will still be around these parts and I'll probably ask some people to post calc dumps I'll make every once in a while but you didn't hear that from me but since you can be a problemless user and still get banned on Fandom, it might be a sign that it is time to move on from that site.

Would a VPN not solve this issue for you?
I mean they already said that they aren't planning to unban me. Additionally my country has been banning many vpns and some of the better ones I cannot pay for cause it wouldn't accept my country's card. All I have is free to use stuff for the phone which can turn off randomly and that could cause issues since they could detect my normal IP and ban me again. I'll look into it either way.

This sucks really bad, especially if you were banned for wrong reasons. I don't know what type of place you live in, but could it be someone in your house or apartment, or campus be the one doing it? Or could there be a Wifi pirate in your neighborhood?

I was just giving suggestions for possibilities of the IP Address coincidence and offering suggestions on where to maybe start.
I hope things can get resolved even though it admittedly looks quite bleak.

For what it is worth, only your IP address seems to have been blocked, not your actual account, so if you manage to change it in some way, you will very likely be able to edit again.

In worst case, I can also appeal your IP ban with Fandom's staff.

I think that the Russian government has turned more authoritarian in not allowing official paid VPNs in order to more easily use Internet surveillance on their population.

Last edited:
Haven't tried it, might try with a VPN. I am just busy rn so I ain't trying. I also fear that something will go wrong and I'll get banned as a sock.
That seems very unlikely, given that your actual Fandom account has not been banned. It is worth giving changing your IP address a chance at least. 🙏

If I remember correctly, when your current IP address is blocked, it looks like your account is blocked to you, but not to others.

Back