• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What constitutes a tier 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read the description, but I'm not still quite comprehending that definition for a tier 0.

I do know The One Above All used to be categorized as a tier 0, but he's now a 1-A.

What happened with his feats/appearances that caused for the downgrade?

Does having a particular weakness (regardless of what that weakness may be) immediately disqualify someone as a tier 0?

Does one must be omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient and exist beyond the universe in which all the other characters exist and be completely unrivaled by anything else in the respective universe?

Can someone explain why characters such as Azathoth, Anu and Gan are tier 0 in layman's terms?

Thanks, guys!

-Someone genuinely wanting to learn about this

A Tier 0 is the creator of the omniverse iirc, and TOAA only created the Marvelverse/Metaverse (I guess). We used to think he created the Omniverse, but now beleive since he has no control over the other universes, he can't be tier 0, only 1-A, although arguably High 1-A.

Edit: I was ultra wrong on this one. I just went off of TOAA's old profile, which used the term Omniverse. However, it turned out he was an exception to the Omniverse rule, so I'm dumb. My B.

He asked why TOAA used to be Tier 0, and I looked at the page history and saw he was tier 0 due to being the creator of the Omniverse, which we don't use anymore because no one can be the creator of the omniverse.

What does the Omniverse represent? All that is, with any work of fiction?

If so, it just seems illogical for any creator to be a tier O based off of that feat simply due to copywriting purposes. LOL

Plus - there can't be more than one creator of the omniverse if there's merely only one omniverse (if I understand the definition correctly)

Well to get to tier 0 you need to first pass 1-A and High 1-A. A 1-A is someone who is transcends an infinite qualitatively superior layers above a baseline (normal 3D) reality, or the equivalent of it. Whether it be infinite dimensions or something similar to it.

A High 1-A would be someone that transcends an infinite 1-A hierarchy, being complete inaccessible to them. And a tier 0 is someone who is completely inaccessible to even that.

TOAA is no longer tier 0 because the Marvel's 1-A, and above, cosmology isn't that impressive as of right now. He just doesn't fulfil the requirements for anything higher.

Having a weakness doesn't disqualify someone from being a tier 0, that used to be in an older iteration of the tiering system, and isn't the case any more.

The term "omnipotence" isn't used seriously here, because of it's paradoxical and unprovable nature. And while being omniscient and omnipresent isn't necessarily a requirement it usually comes with the territory of being a tier 0 in the first place.

I'm not sure about Azathoth and Gan as I'm not that knowledgeable in those verses. But the reason for ANU is because characters like Anu and Padomay are infinitesimal aspects of him. And in turn they themselves stand above an infinite Wheels which make up an infinite 1-A hierarchy.

AB1124 said:
What does the Omniverse represent? All that is, with any work of fiction?
If so, it just seems illogical for any creator to be a tier O based off of that feat simply due to copywriting purposes. LOL

Plus - there can't be more than one creator of the omniverse if there's merely only one omniverse (if I understand the definition correctly)
Creating everything is not enough requirement to reach tier 0

Gan shouldn't get downgraded

Because it states "No person or author can be Gan." Meaning no one could ever reach his level of power. And he's stated to be on a higher league than God.

Gan could beat Azathoth, or at least have it sleep eternally with no trouble.

Don't know about defeating Azathoth.

In that universe, Azathoth has literally dreamt the world into existence. All things exists because Azathoth dreams - and all existence has sentience. Azathoth is absolutely untouchable in that regard.

Unless an entity can demonstrate the ability to enter that outer world of existence and destroy (how?) Azathoth, I don't see that happening.

I don't believe we can even articulate a battle between entities of that nature, simply because they can't exist together.

Gan created every dimension, every universe, basically everything and based everything around his body. He also created light with the flick of his finger and is pretty much omnipresent, knowing that every story is kept within The Dark Tower (basically means every universe or even the entire multiverse exists in the Dark Tower which is Gan's body)

It also implies that Gan's influence is apparently felt in all fictional worlds. Meaning that Gan exists in every fictional universe. Even powerful verses like Warhammer and all of H.P. Lovecraft's books.

And there's this quote:

"Would you risk destroying that world as well as this, and the other worlds said King has touched with his imagination, and drawn from? For it was not he that created them, you know. To peek in Gan's novel does not make one Gan, although many creative people seem to think so. Would you risk it all?"

"No writer is Gan - no painter, no sculptor, no maker of music. We are kas-ka Gan.......The prophets of Gan."

How can the creator of one verse determine that, though?

How does one author determine that their character influences other realities outside of their verse?

For example, if The One Above All declared that he's the ruler of "all creations and all realities, even outside of the Marvel Multiverse", and using that statement to suggest he's the Supreme fictional entity of all creation - but obviously, due to copy-write issues, they can't really do that. They can imply it - but then again; any author can imply that their supreme being oversees all creations, dimensions and worlds, and now, we're suddenly at odds due to conflicting statements.

Its never mentioned that Gan exists in Warhammer or Lovecraft's books. Those were just examples of what verses that Gan could possibly exist in (since its stated that he exists in every fictional universe, it never says which verses though)

What happens if you get two tiered 0 entities who have similar claims of existing in every reality? That's where I bow out of the conversations, because at that point, it seems like it really just boils down to favoritism! LOL

Ogbunabali is correct.

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back