• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Tier: Varies

ArachDusa

She/Her
We all know what it means when a character's tier and Attack Potency is listed as "Varies": It means that the character's showing in terms of AP has changed across their appearances and has gone from one tier to another over the span of time (or another metric, like how much they hold back). However, for a versus match, this can lead to some confusion that I haven't seen properly addressed. More specifically, are characters with a varying tier only eligible to be in a versus match as their highest and lowest listed tiers, or is everything in between a fair game?
As an example, let's look at one of the most variable characters in the Wiki: The grey goo, who can grow from subatomic to potentially infinite 4-D in size over the various games it appeared in. However, as with most variable tier characters, the grey goo had many, many stages in between, including, for example, a section of the game where it's only the size of a planet, i.e. 5-B. Would that therefore mean I can create a versus thread with the grey goo in which the grey goo is initially considered 5-B, or in other words, where it starts with the grey goo during the stage of the game where it's only 5-B?

We all know what it means when a character's tier and Attack Potency is listed as "Varies": It means that the character's showing in terms of AP has changed across their appearances and has gone from one tier to another over the span of time (or another metric, like how much they hold back). However, for a versus match, this can lead to some confusion that I haven't seen properly addressed. More specifically, are characters with a varying tier only eligible to be in a versus match as their highest and lowest listed tiers, or is everything in between a fair game?
According to our VS Thread rules:

"Even if a character has the potential to reach a certain tier, the use of any tier between that tier and the one it scales to is not allowed. For example, Avatar of Calamity cannot be used in a vs thread with a tier between High 7-A and 2-A or Unknown and 2-A depending on the used key"

So no

Back