• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

what are the top 5 strongest verses on this wiki

What is so complex about Shinza cosmology?

I should also accept that not even my questions are fast enough to be typed before the answer, damn.

Shinza is simple from a macro perspective. From a micro perspective I can definitely see concepts which people will struggle with. It definitely isn't something I would describe very hard to understand in comparison to other fictional cosmologies I've read. I agree TES and DC in particular will have cosmologies and metaphysics which are complex especially TES.

Thing is with CM, Lovecraft wasn't trying to create a "dick measuring contest" he was trying to create a collection of horrific stories. From some perspectives the concept of Yog-Sothoth is the most terrifying thing ever. 1-A isn't my favourite tier either but I normally don't think of it as a tiering standpoint I just like Lovecrafts stories.

I agree with Emperor, I dont think Shinza is an especially simple or super complex cosmology, id say its more in the middle while things like TES and DC are far more complex.

The biggest hindrance to the Shinza cosmology imo is that a majority of it comes from an untranslated series.

Personally I enjoy high level Cosmologies like these individually as I find them interesting but I agree that comparing them is a pain in the ass.

Yeah, its hard, nigh impossible in many cases, to compare anything beyond High 1-B, but Tier 1 in general is quite difficult to compare, thats kinda the reason they're banned from the Versus Board, and are restricted to Fun & Games.

It (Shinza) really is in the middle, as there are many with a simplier cosmology, and many with a more complex cosmology.

I personally love these abstract, infinitely layered Cosmologies due to their highly metaphysical and philisophical nature, I am currently making a fictional world and it has quite a complex cosmology.

Also nitpick, its from an untranslated Visual Novel, Kajiri Kamui Kagura, which was a singular entity, not a series. Though it did have 4 Storylines,

Paradise of Bloodstained Flowers: Keishirou and Sakuya

Profusely Ardent Majesty [?] (Õ¿üþâêþ╣Üõ╣▒þ»ç): Soujirou and Shiori

Birth of the Divine World: Habaki and Rindou

Emperor of Maldiction: Hyakki Yakko [?] (ÕÆÆþÜçþÖ¥Ú¼╝Õñ£Þíîþ»ç): Ryuusui and Yakou

Zouken said:
Yeah, its hard, nigh impossible in many cases, to compare anything beyond High 1-B, but Tier 1 in general is quite difficult to compare, thats kinda the reason they're banned from the Versus Board, and are restricted to Fun & Games.
They aren't banned, it's just that after H1B (or is it after 1A+ in the new system?) matches can't be added to the profiles.

Zouken said:
They aren't banned, it's just that after H1B (or is it after 1A+ in the new system?) matches can't be added to the profiles.

Why did you do two messages?

Also I thought they were banend from the Versus Thread, and are to be moved to Fun & Games. I however did know they couldn't be added to profiles, like Matches were certain abilities are restricted.

Zouken said:
Why did you do two messages?
Also I thought they were banend from the Versus Thread, and are to be moved to Fun & Games. I however did know they couldn't be added to profiles, like Matches were certain abilities are restricted.
Accidental repost, happens to me as well.

I thought it was only High 1-A and 0 matches that were banned. 1-A was just frowned upon since it's very rare for fights here to be determined to my knowledge.

I know, it is so hard to understand becuase it is indeed just word-vomit. I hate the verse not just becuase it was made out of pettiness, but its terribly written and hard to understand, not through intricacy or complexity like TES, but out of it being terribly explained.

The ideas are at least somewhat decent, if they were communictated in a better, cleaner way it wouldn't be as bad. I mean, it wouldn't be good by any stretch, but it would be at least something.

Funnily enough, Lovecraft's cosmology is explained very elegantly and seeded through his and his fellow Weird Tales authors' works really well without interfering with the plot and even enhances it in some cases. Masada's is also pretty easy to understand at the surface level and actually succeeds at complementing his lore rather well.

Suggs had these two to take notes from. Look how that ended up....

1: Cuthullu Mythos

2: Elder Scrolls

3: When they Cry

4: DC

5: Shinza

6: The Unwritten ~ Daimou ~ Dark Tower

7: Twin Peaks

8: Manifold

9: Marvel

10: Warhammer

11: I/O

12: SCP

13: Shin Megami Tensei

14: Xeele

15: Gurren Lagan

16: Digimon

17: Tu Aru ~ Magi ~ BlazBlue

18: Doctor Who

19: Destiny

(Luminous Being would put DnD somewhere in the 4-8 Range, though don't know the verse enough to place exactly where)

This is my perspective, and it is incomplete, please correct me where you think I made a misjudgement.

To me it would be;

1. Cthulhu Mythos

2. The Elder Scrolls

3. When They Cry

4. DC/Vertigo Comics

5. Shinza Banshou

6. Twin Peaks/The Unwritten

8. Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

7 The Dark Tower/Dungeons and Dragons

8. Manifold

9. SCP Foundation/A Wild Last Boss Appeared

10. I/O

11. World of Darkness

12. Marvel Comics/ Ergenverse

13. Tench Muyo!/Warhammer 40,000

14. The Big Lez Show/Homestuck

15. Discworld.

Planck69 said:
To me it would be;

1. Cthulhu Mythos

2. The Elder Scrolls

3 When They Cry

4. DC/Vertigo Comics

5. Shinza Banshou

6. Twin Peaks

8. Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

7 The Dark Tower/Dungeons and Dragons

8. Manifold

9. SCP Foundation/A Wild Last Boss Appeared

10. I/O

11. World of Darkness

12. Marvel Comics/ Ergenverse

13. Tench Muyo!/Warhammer 40,000

14. The Big Lez Show

15. Discworld.
Homestuck should be at least equal with Warhammer. Lord English stomped the GEOM not long ago.

Ergenverse is likely two layers above 1-A baseline so, idk where it would classify on the 1-A verses here. Likely low but curious if anyone here is even lower or baseline.

@Wright

Khorne would still passively null LE's powers and if that fails, Ynnead is a thing. Regardless, thanks for reminding me of Homestuck. Adjusting.

The Elder Scrolls tier 0s really shouldn't count for the this list. Both are mindless so they are both incapacitated by default. The high 1-As, that actually matter, are also both mindless so they suffer the same problem the tier 0s have. The Elder Scrolls does have high 1-As that can actually interact with stuff, but they are baseline so whoever has high 1-As above baseline should be above the Elder Scrolls due to technicalities (doesn't matter if you have tier 0s when both lose by default)

Edit: I have to work on an essay so I won't be able to comment here for a while

Planck69 said:
@Wright

Khorne would still passively null LE's powers and if that fails, Ynnead is a thing. Regardless, thanks for reminding me of Homestuck. Adjusting.
Plot Manipulation is also passive, and it's potent enough that the EOM couldn't resist it.

I mean, on the one hand, LE is not the strongest 1-A in Homestuck. On the other hand, I don't think anyone has a direct counter to Ynnead anyways.

Zaratthustra said:
Ergenverse is likely two layers above 1-A baseline so, idk where it would classify on the 1-A verses here. Likely low but curious if anyone here is even lower or baseline.
Above Warhammer, below manifold, possibly incons WOD

Thanks for answers.

Btw, as usuall the 5 top list become longer. Maybe change the name to 20 Strongest Verses on Wiki. 5 Limits the verses and more or less they are the same with small changes while the a larger list helps with showing the other franchises and has more changes.

Homestuck 1-A Hierarchy is; First Guardian MSPA Reader>Retcon Powers>The Director>Ultimate Dirk>Lord English>Paradox Space (Baselin 1-A), so it's 5 layers above baseline 1-A, above the Ergenverse and Marvel at .least

Everything12 said:
Homestuck 1-A Hierarchy is; First Guardian MSPA Reader>Retcon Powers>The Director>Ultimate Dirk>Lord English>Paradox Space (Baselin 1-A), so it's 5 layers above baseline 1-A, above the Ergenverse and Marvel at .least
No. Lord English is noted in his justification as existing on the same plane as Ultimate Dirk I believe.

Each person is uncountably infinitely superior to the other? That wasn't brought up on the CRT to my knowlegde.

I mean, an argument can be made for Reader, but I don't think any of those characters transcend each other. The Director and Dirk clearly existed on the same level, for example.

Well Lord English is definitely above Paradox Space, as is Dirk with all his Plot Manipulating, Alt Calliope is above them at least; being able to outplot Dirk, The Director is also above them; being The Director of the game they are in, the Retcon powers are above those four; with it threatening to crash the game they were in with The Director not being able to do anything to stop it, and First Guardian MSPA Reader easily dealt with the destruction the Retcon powers would cause.

Everything12 said:
Well Lord English is definitely above Paradox Space, as is Dirk with all his Plot Manipulating, Alt Calliope is above them at least; being able to outplot Dirk, The Director is also above them; being The Director of the game they are in, the Retcon powers are above those four; with it threatening to crash the game they were in, and First Guardian MSPA Reader easily dealt with the destruction the Retcon powers would cause.
None of that implies infinite transcendence though.

Back