• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

what are the top 5 strongest verses on this wiki

Everything12 said:
Well Lord English is definitely above Paradox Space, as is Dirk with all his Plot Manipulating, Alt Calliope is above them at least; being able to outplot Dirk, The Director is also above them; being The Director of the game they are in, the Retcon powers are above those four; with it threatening to crash the game they were in with The Director not being able to do anything to stop it, and First Guardian MSPA Reader easily dealt with the destruction the Retcon powers would cause.
None of what you said is transcendence at all.

Also. Everyone already knows how I feel about all of the tops that aren't from CM or DC. But for once I'll praise them. Muh infinity doesn't impact the story at hand necessarily. While I personally don't enjoy it and find it to be pretentious, that's a me thing. They use different words that just so happen to meet our values. It's simply a means to extend lore and make you think philisophically.

True. The Cthulhu Mythos could cap at baseline 1-A (pretty low comparatively) and nothing would impact its mystery, horror, fantasy and philosophical overtones.

Compare with Suggsverse or I/O.

Zouken said:
yeah, Suggsverse stands on power alone, and I know next to nothing about I/O
The fodder in I/O have 1-B hax or something. That's the only thing I can remember.

I mean, if a suggverse is if "Fodder have tier 1 hax"

Then Shinza and the Mythos should count (Even though the CM and Shinza aren'tt a suggverse, by your definition they are suggverses, so your definition is a bit wrong)

How? Nobody in Shinza is Fodder exept Spinne and Liza. None of the LDO has such feats except through the Regenerationn granted to them by Gladshiem, which is more akin to being healed by another source, and being risen to High 1-A by Du Sollst - Dies Irae, but even than they are equals to Reinhard, ergo not fodder. Perhaps Tenma Auwami as well, though iirc correctly he was outside of Edo thus did not get Time Armour.

Forgot to add Shinza on it.

Shinza isn't a "suggverse", more of a verse with some broken mechanics and concepts (It is to me, but that is more because I dislike Shinza and less of it being the case)

Obviously I don't mean it like that. But when the defining characteristic of your IP is having smurfs and nothing else about the story, there's a problem.

The Mythos only has 1 character with Tier 1 hax that's below Tier 1, said character being the offspring of a Tier 0. Of all people, he deserves being smurfy.

I/O is where I see shit like the low-tiers having High 1-B weather manip (WTF?). But it offends me far less than Suggs and I just find it funny at times.

Anyway, Suggsverse is just something that just makes powerful beings in order to be the most powerful, rather than for any narrative or lore purpose. Also ones where 99% of the text is wanking characters off, making just nonsensical word vomit that is oftentimes barely even legible:

"Eve fully and necessarily possesses all abilities, attributes, potentialities, anti-powers, powers and categories of every female character, metacharacter, patacharacter, and catacharacter (even the ones that look feminine) from all of fiction, all of nonfiction, all of transfiction, all of fanfiction, all of metafiction, all of patafiction, all interfiction, all of personal fiction, and all of impersonal fiction -- every form of existence and nonexistence ever mentioned or seen (and above the absolute infinite multiplicity amount never mentioned, seen, or even conceived of yet…) in possibility, uncertainty, and actuality are necessarily and essentially included as well (within and outside of the Suggsverse), for Eve is the reality that defines the Feminine Principle."

And this is actually one of the more understanble wanking rants.

Hey, at least I/O is at least trying to have good writing and tell a story, Suggsverse is just characters that are powerful, and has the world created around making them as powerful as possible.

Power Levels are like characters, you shouldn't write a character to be a certain type, lets say for instance the tsundere archetype. When you write a character for the sole purpose of following into that archetype, they would wind up feeling flat and unintresting, but if you write them as a more complex character who has some traits alligning with the archetype, people will tend to like said character more.

Thus you should make the powers and characters first, and treat the levels of transcendence and pure potency of their attacks as secondary. At least that is my opinon on the matter.

@Zouken

Hey don't get me wrong, I don't hate I/O. The verse's power structure is ridiculous but I just find it kinda funny.

Suggsverse is the platonic concept of a literary headache. And you're right about the characters and power levels analogy. Unless being unfathomably powerful plays into how the character interacts with his setting (most eldritch horror, supreme/transcendent beings etc.) then it should always come secondary.

A suggverse kind of setting is only funny when it is in the form of memes (Naruto Runners, Ultra Instinct Shaggy, Uno Reverse Card, etc), in which there is no story and it fufills the main purpose it sets (Being a funny joke).

When a suggverse type story is trying to convey an actual plot, it falls flat on it's face

To give more proof, Much of the top 15's top characters who have power or transcendence as their main thing work since their main role in the story is just to be the big transcendent god.

Andrew Swann and the top SCP's, The Writer/God/and the Void, Anu and Padomay, The One Above All, Gan, Sassy, etc all aren't true characters so you can't call them "Bad".

Hell, even the ones that have a role still use their power to signify the character and his role in the story (Dream as well as the Angels like Lucifer, Reinhard and the Shinza gang, and Pennywise fall under this).

I agree with Blue, when it is independent and just made to be stupid and a joke, it is fine. But when you try to make it fit into a story, it all falls apart.

Some OP memes can fit into a story, like Gorefield, but thats becuase he is an Eldrictch Horror and not just trying to break Vs Forums like Suggsverse.

No, not really. Each story is mostly 7-B to 7-A with them only reaching High 1-A at the climax, and even than most characters don't reach such levels by themselves, but through the assistance of something else, like through Du Sollst in Dies Irae or the Shokou Mandala in Kajiri Kamui Kagura.

Even than it still has a good story, good writing, and good characters. So even if Masada went in to make the extremely powerful verse it is, he still made a dang good story (don't fight me on this one, even if you hate the series you have to admit its better than Suggsverse or other series of its ilk, ergo my point still stands)

The what?

Regardless, as someone who gets fed up when people say that DC herald tiers are overpowered sues due to them never losing their popular matchups, I do understand more than I used to. For every instance of them blocking attacks meant to destroy all of creation, they're blocking attacks meant to destroy a building. It's not the scale, it's the character.

I used to think the DC crew was too OP. Then I came here and realized I set the bar way too low...

The real cal howard said:
But doesn't Shinza fit that archetype? Unlike the other tops, it's the only one that's power focused.
Ehhh not really, Shinza is largely about philosophy (Now weather it did it well is a different matter entirely but thats for another discussion) as it takes HEAVY influence from Taoism/Daoism (Its the main component of the verse) talking about the laws of nature and existence as well as simply looking at some of the powers within the verse, its all about taking your desires and wishes and enforcing them upon existence changing the laws and nature and another large part of the abilities stems from your Ego.

Okay, yes it is Combat focused, though it still works. Once more due to it staying in Tier 7-A to 6-B in Dies Irae, Paradise Lost, and Kajiri Kamui Kagura untill characters transcend due to various different factors. Avesta has quite consistent 5-A and 4-B feats, though that is still confined to one universe.

The only fight between Hadou Gods we've seen was Ren vs Reinhard, and Ren vs Reinhard vs Mercurius. KKK is mostly fights between Gudou Gods, which acts like a fight between normal beings, they just have each strike imbued with their Law.

And yes, it also has heavy focus on characters and their psychology, along with various philisophical themes. It is actually more plot and character focused, it is just a narrative that nessitates battle.

Shinza is combat focused but a major part of it is the clashing of ideals, desires and egos.

Looking at Hadou gods they basically emanate their very desires to paint over existence changing the Laws of Nature to coincide with their ideals and when two Hadou gods clash its literally a clash if ideals and whoch has the stronger desire overwrites the other Gods and paints existence in their "image".

Yes, Hadou Gods Emmanate and fill the entirety of any space they are placed in, as in all things under the Throne ; while Gudou Gods overwrite through physical contact as they are largely self-contained

Isn't Dragon Ball more of a combat focused verse than Shinza.

Shinza of course makes DB look like an ant in power, but Dragon Ball revolves about fighting and combat, unlike Shinza, which more revolves about philosophy

Zouken said:
Even than it still has a good story, good writing, and good characters. So even if Masada went in to make the extremely powerful verse it is, he still made a dang good story (don't fight me on this one, even if you hate the series you have to admit it's better than Suggsverse or other series of its ilk, ergo my point still stands)
Gurren Lagann-nonono
Gurren Lagann-nonono

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Isn't Dragon Ball more of a combat focused verse than Shinza.

Shinza of course makes DB look like an ant in power, but Dragon Ball revolves about fighting and combat, unlike Shinza, which more revolves about philosophy
Yeah id say that's accurate.

@Zouken

Honestly the LDO are non-Taiji Shinza and I dont think DB characters can beat Machina (At least not easily) and he can beat many of them (Speed equalised of course).

Back