• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are some of the most useless examples of each type of immortality?

Immortal characters can be a lot of fun, but what are some examples of each type where it's either so easy to counteract that it doesn't matter, or is otherwise completely unusable in a typical Vs Battle?

For the record I know that Type 1 doesn't automatically give the user a great advantage in general, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a character whose Type 1 mattered even less than usual.

Looking forward to seeing your answers, hopefully there'll be some real funny ones

For type 4, I guess the most useless would be the one who’s type4 takes the longest to reincarnat them.

A Character is Immortal and Invulnerable, but only if he's not hungry and is being a generally nice person.

The moment he fights someone though, all of that goes down the drain.

I think that Keyblade users' Type 6 immortality would count, since Xehanort seems like the only one who would use it in character

Tbh, People who have a type 4 with a cooldown of lets say 1yr, or 1 month.

For them, type 1 is even more useless.
a bad example, but meh.

Type 2 Immortality without Type 3 is really the worst. Frieza's probably had it the worst. Floating around in space as a torso, and then in Revival of F coming back as literal squirming chunks of flesh since Trunks chopped him into pieces.

Idek why type 2 is even a thing. Its almost useless lmao
normal human fights another normal human who can take as many wounds as he wants and can continue going

normal human has a gun, immortal has a knife.

normal human fills immortal with bullets, unbothered, runs over shanks to death. keeps wounds but still came on top. dunno man seems pretty useful to me.

normal human fights another normal human who can take as many wounds as he wants and can continue going

normal human has a gun, immortal has a knife.

normal human fills immortal with bullets, unbothered, runs over shanks to death. keeps wounds but still came on top. dunno man seems pretty useful to me.
You also better have some massive pain tolerance or you won't be unbothered by getting shot full of bullets. Normal guy could blow the Type 2's knees out and suddenly he can't even stand and walk and he's in horrible pain.

It's not totally useless, but it definitely needs other powers with it to be decent. No way a normal person is taking gunshots and just shrugging them off.

You also better have some massive pain tolerance or you won't be unbothered by getting shot full of bullets. Normal guy could blow the Type 2's knees out and suddenly he can't even stand and walk and he's in horrible pain.

It's not totally useless, but it definitely needs other powers with it to be decent. No way a normal person is taking gunshots and just shrugging them off.
Its useful if your fighting someone who doesn't really aim for joints and stuff. type 2 is better on robots and cyborgs than humans anyways.

Type 7 really shouldn't even be a thing imo, undeath is more a "why" someone is immortal, not a "how". Undeath isn't really a guarantee of any type of immortality, either, as the types conferred by undeath vary wildly between verses

Last edited:
Type 3 but with ludicrous cooldown times (regenerating from a drop of blood but in like 100 years, lethal, crippling wounds in weeks etc.)

Back