• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are all the abilities dragonball characters can resist with power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's seems recently that getting a resistance using power is more likely on this site. Since profiles such as the Shin Megami Tensei have Resistance for the same reasons. As well as a staff thread getting this stated on the resistance page. "Simply being stronger than a character with resistance does not mean the stronger character also has equal or higher resistance, unless the verse makes it explicitly clear that said resistance is based on the level of power". So Dragonball should get resistance for what's demonstrated.

However before that, what is every thing they resisted with power in the multiple series? I know Dragonball characters can resist EE, Time Skip, Transmution, Shenron's Reality warping, etc with power.

i know this is not a crt, but i agree, i think they resist all those you mentioned plus corruption + death manip (Devilman's death manip with the devil beam or whatever)
Tf? No, the Devil Beam only works if you had evil in your heart, nothing to do with power. Transmutation isn't stated to be resisted by raw power, it could be just a normal resistance. For example, Ribbriane's emphatic manip didn't even affect Master Roshi or Krilin, despite then being much weaker, and the top tiers resisted it aswell.

If there are no statements, we can't assume it's becouse of power.

Although, Time stop, and RW I agree, becouse they are directly shown to be, AKA Goku powering up, or Shenron's statement.

It probably won't be accepted unless there is a direct statement saying abilities won't work on someone stronger.

Although certain abilities and techniques within dragon ball can be resisted if you have more power, not all are.

Tf? No, the Devil Beam only works if you had evil in your heart, nothing to do with power. Transmutation isn't stated to be resisted by raw power, it could be just a normal resistance. For example, Ribbriane's emphatic manip didn't even affect Master Roshi or Krilin, despite then being much weaker, and the top tiers resisted it aswell.

If there are no statements, we can't assume it's becouse of power.

Although, Time stop, and RW I agree, becouse they are directly shown to be, AKA Goku powering up, or Shenron's statement.
The candy beam pretty much was stated to be via power in the daizenchuu. They mention strength twice then that he keep his form form from it.

It probably won't be accepted unless there is a direct statement saying abilities won't work on someone stronger.

Although certain abilities and techniques within dragon ball can be resisted if you have more power, not all are.
I didn't say all are. All the ones I mentioned have proof it's via power. I was gonna post them in the crt thread I eventually make. But I can post them all here if yall want.

Would Vegeta negating Absolute Zero with Super Saiyan be enough proof for that to be scaled with power on this site?

I was trying to make sure I have all the resistances that can be scaled first.
To help you.

-Resistances:

Transmutation.

Gravity manip.

Time stop.

Existance erasure.

Reality warp.

That's all IIRCC, although, someone could argue Petrification, thanks to Trunks defending his hand with Ki against Dabura's spit.

I want them to debate instead of closing something becouse of their feelings
I truly get how you feel. It doesn't matter if a subject has been argued to death unless there's an explicit discussion rule, you can't just shut down someone's argument with no explanation.

But that type of language "closing something because of their feelings" isn't helping anyone and I would put a stop to it if I were you.

This thread'll be closed for now. The OP has made a new one.

I request nobody close that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back