• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warriors of Heaven and Hell: The Most Skilled on the Wiki!

Well, that is quite cool, but, what placement do you want him to be in? If you don't suggest one he'll just go into pending.

Well, that is quite cool, but, what placement do you want him to be in? If you don't suggest one he'll just go into pending.
At the moment with the feats I posted he quite comfortably should go to second place, and while I believe he could also give fight to vash I would like to have all my scans before that, so second place.

Oh boy howdy I've missed a lot

Well I suppose for my nominees....

Swords:
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate)
Sasaki Kojiro (Record of Ragnarok)
Uther Doul (The Scar)
John Carter of Mars
Mifune (Soul Eater)

Spears:
Hozoin Inshun, Li Shuwen, Scathach, and Karna (all from Fate)

Shield:
Captain America (Marvel Comics)

Martial Artists:
Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain (DC Comics)
Nanami Yasuri (Katanagatari)
Shang Chi (Marvel Comics)

Firearms:
Billy the Kid (Fate)

Oh boy howdy I've missed a lot

Well I suppose for my nominees....

Swords:
Musashi Miyamoto (Fate)
Sasaki Kojiro (Record of Ragnarok)
Uther Doul (The Scar)
John Carter of Mars
Mifune (Soul Eater)

Spears:
Hozoin Inshun, Li Shuwen, Scathach, and Karna (all from Fate)

Shield:
Captain America (Marvel Comics)

Martial Artists:
Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain (DC Comics)
Nanami Yasuri (Katanagatari)
Shang Chi (Marvel Comics)

Firearms:
Billy the Kid (Fate)
I cannot add really any of these guys given you provided 0 reasoning for uh... all of them. Can't even add them to pending tbh.

As far as skill scaling chains though, I think it depends on how the verse treats skill

Some verses like Kengan Asura are more realistic in that compatibility and individual factors play a big part, hence why it's difficult to determine a single "objectively most skilled" character. Kuroki, Agito, Ohma, and Rolong could all easily be argued for.

Others like Fate have some compatibility involved but skill is mostly a climbing scale of objective superiority.

And then you have verses like League of Legends or Assassination Classroom where there is an explicit upward scale of "they are just better"

And yet more verse like DC Comics where it is somewhat compatibility based, and then suddenly there are characters who are compositely skilled.

We'll likely have to take it as a case-by-case basis.

I cannot add really any of these guys given you provided 0 reasoning for uh... all of them. Can't even add them to pending tbh.
That's fine, I'll provide reasoning eventually, this is mostly just so they're all written down for me to come back to.
Honestly I'm still reeling that this discussion is even happening

As far as skill scaling chains though, I think it depends on how the verse treats skill

Some verses like Kengan Asura are more realistic in that compatibility and individual factors play a big part, hence why it's difficult to determine a single "objectively most skilled" character. Kuroki, Agito, Ohma, and Rolong could all easily be argued for.

Others like Fate have some compatibility involved but skill is mostly a climbing scale of objective superiority.

And then you have verses like League of Legends or Assassination Classroom where there is an explicit upward scale of "they are just better"

And yet more verse like DC Comics where it is somewhat compatibility based, and then suddenly there are characters who are compositely skilled.

We'll likely have to take it as a case-by-case basis.
We're already taking it case-by-case lol. This thread was made off of the fact that skill cannot be linearly compared, which is why it is split into multiple categories.

Ah good good.

Uhhhhh any particular character you'd like the reasoning for first? Otherwise I could roll some dice
I really don't care who you submit first so long as you provide concrete reasoning as to why they should be here. In other words, whoever you wanna do first, do first.

So...since theirs a Slingshot category, I'm gonna go ahead and rep my man Usopp.

Feats

improvises a slingshot using a reindeer antlers, still firing it accurately enough to hit a target several meters away

Sniped a group of soldiers from hundreds of meters away, despite having the wind against him. This was done Pre-Timeskip, using a weapon inferior to his current one.

tags two flying targets by firing random debris and handcuffs from his slingshot

After having his senses enhanced by Haki, he snipes a girl from a significant distance away, hitting the target through a barred window inside a building nearly out of eyesight, while accounting for the wind speed and direction. While also specifically timing his shot so that his boosters would activate to propel at the right time to travel such a vast distance. All this with a clearly unconventional projectile for a slingshot.

He probably won't stay on the list for long, I just wanted to nominate him.

Last edited:
You'd be surprised on what I can cook up with background and scaling to other Ultras.
On that note, I guess that's where we bring up the Land of Light's system then. To keep it short, the Ultras' homeworld consists of roughly 18 billion inhabitants, and they all train to properly control their superhuman physiology, from childhood. Already they're technically trained for their entire lives. But of those 18 billion, only at least 1 million are known to be enrolled in the Intergalactic Defense Force, a mere 0.0005% of the total population, within which there are hierarchies of sorts.

Compressing even further, Zero is comparable to his seniors, the Ultra Brothers, who stand at the top of that hierarchy. So, already from his debut even, Zero has skills comparable to his seniors, top of the chain in terms of power, skill and experience even among the 1 million Rangers that make up the Garrison members, who are in turn superior to the rest of the 18 billion already superhuman members of their species. And that's not yet counting other external factors that feeds into their general skills.

But yeah, Zero should probably be in Misc if he somehow qualifies.

Note: The numbers are apparently official, but I don't know where exactly they're from, there are others who know where to dig for them.

On that note, I guess that's where we bring up the Land of Light's system then. To keep it short, the Ultras' homeworld consists of roughly 18 billion inhabitants, and they all train to properly control their superhuman physiology, from childhood. Already they're technically trained for their entire lives. But of those 18 billion, only at least 1 million are known to be enrolled in the Intergalactic Defense Force, a mere 0.0005% of the total population, within which there are hierarchies of sorts.

Compressing even further, Zero is comparable to his seniors, the Ultra Brothers, who stand at the top of that hierarchy. So, already from his debut even, Zero has skills comparable to his seniors, top of the chain in terms of power, skill and experience even among the 1 million Rangers that make up the Garrison members, who are in turn superior to the rest of the 18 billion already superhuman members of their species. And that's not yet counting other external factors that feeds into their general skills.

But yeah, Zero should probably be in Misc if he somehow qualifies.

Note: The numbers are apparently official, but I don't know where exactly they're from, there are others who know where to dig for them.
Ope, I got ninja'd. I was gonna bring this up but you beat me too it

Provide reasoning.
He's Goku but Black.

Eh Goku easily learned the kamehameha which took Roshi a very long time to master and beat the best martial artists of his world, then universe (and then multiverse) essentially.

Zamasu is a kai who lived very long and is somehow comparable to Goku in skill.

Then Goku Black has Goku's body and uses a scythe which he can use in combat against people like Goku and Vegeta.

None of that really translates into being skilled at using scythes or anything, though, that's just being a good martial artist + being alright at fighting with a scythe. I guess Ruby would serve as an example of someone that knows how to fight with a scythe well (even if it's kinda cheating since her scythe is also a weird sniper rifle thing, but I'd rather not suggest a category for people that use weird futuristic weapons).

There's probably some BlazBlue goons that can argue for Ragna having a spot here.

There's also Maka who I'd say is equally as skilled as Ruby Rose if not more so.

I shilled Goku Black in, so I'm fine with having him removed if need be.

And yeah I'm surprised nobody has submitted Maka or any Scythe users from Soul Eater.

None of that really translates into being skilled at using scythes or anything, though, that's just being a good martial artist + being alright at fighting with a scythe.
That is correct, I'm hoping for either 1) a DB fanboy to barge in and elaborate or 2) there not being enough people with scythes to knock him out of the list.

You can submit multiple characters and we can just put "Characters from Kenganverse" on the list, if your indecisive lol.
Wait, that's a option? Hmm, in that case put Shizuku along Kouki, she canonically speaking have also reached the swordmanship summit like Kouki (part of Kouki justification was scale above an early Shizuku that didn't reached the swordmanship summit), I just didn't proposed her originally because with Mother arc Kouki feats look better and currently Shizuku skill is in the level that grant hax, which do to be less easier to judge I decided to go with the more "tangible/realistic" feats of Kouki, but really both should share the same spot.

Wait, that's a option? Hmm, in that case put Shizuku along Kouki, she canonically speaking have also reached the swordmanship summit like Kouki (part of Kouki justification was scale above an early Shizuku that didn't reached the swordmanship summit), I just didn't proposed her originally because with Mother arc Kouki feats look better and currently Shizuku skill is in the level that grant hax, which do to be less easier to judge I decided to go with the more "tangible/realistic" feats of Kouki, but really both should share the same spot.
I'll do that.

So "Characters from Arifureta" in the 2nd spot for Sword Users?

Can V1 go into 3rd spot for firearm users, or are there other marksmen characters trying to take that spot?

There are Marksmen pending but none trying to take the 3rd spot, so, I'll add him in. If anything, most are trying to take the 1st spot from Vash.

Back