• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warrior in their Blood: Erza Scarlet vs. Ms. Marvel

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Hopefully this one works, otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Erza Scarlet (X784) vs. Captain Marvel (Classic)

Speed Equalized, In-Character. Battle takes place in Magnolia Town.

Erza is >~ 2.4 Megatons
Carol is <~ 5.6 Megatons

Ms. Marvel has really good precog and flight speed so probably countered :V

Why does that matter when speed is equalized?
Flight Speed isn't Equalized, in regards to what "Speed Equalized" means, it's only reactions and physical combat speeds (debatably mundane travel speed)

In practice this means that Ms. Marvel can fly in simplistic trajectories (most likely point A to B)

Flight Speed isn't Equalized, in regards to what "Speed Equalized" means, it's only reactions and physical combat speeds (debatably mundane travel speed)

In practice this means that Ms. Marvel can fly in simplistic trajectories
Carol blitzes then. Good game. Stomp match.

Actually hold up lemme see if we have a precedent on this, the one I've heard doesn't equalize speed, but it was in regards to speedsters

...by moving in a straight line. Good logic. Get better reasoning.
When moving in said straight line is 60x faster then your opponent and you can literally abuse that to both never get hit no matter what ranged attack that doesn't just appear on the target can do. There's also the good ol just ram the opponent with your 2x ap advantage repeatedly because your opponent can't react to you flying.

Actually hold up lemme see if we have a precedent on this, the one I've heard doesn't equalize speed, but it was in regards to speedsters
Please do so, because otherwise this is a stomp due to Carol being 60x faster by flying.

Flying speed was always equalized, all speeds are. The only exception are those that come from powers/arts/techniques like let's say a stat amp.

Flying speed was always equalized, all speeds are. The only exception are those that come from powers/arts/techniques like let's say a stat amp.
I remember Wright giving a standard back in the day that Travel Speeds are unequalized for speedsters because their powers wouldn't logically work otherwise.

K, actually found it

Thread

So yeah sorry, wiki standard is everything except non-physical attack speed equalized

I'm an infallible staff member as you can see

Last edited:
Ms. Marvel likely starts with tackles and moves on to energy blasts to re-establish distance

Snip from the Speed Equalization portion of the versus rules:
  • The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.
    • Speed Amplification techniques are assumed to grant the same percentile of increase to a character's equalized speeds, as they would to their usual speeds.
So flight speed gets equalized as well

I guess Carol would likely stay on the ground, right? This mean Erza will spend most of the battle with armors such the Purgatory Armor, possibly using buildings and such to jump when in need to switch.

Does Carol have experience with armed opponents? Facing a swordfighter like Erza with just your arms isn't easy, so I think Carol would use mostly her energy blasts.

Armed, yes, armed with swords, don't think so, then again she's pre-programmed with Kree Combat Techniques so she may very well know the skill required by default.

In regards to staying on the ground, idk, Carol during this phase of her career employed hit and run tactics, where she'd try to drop from the top and then blast the opponent away to gain distance once more. So, tough call tbh.

Just with that, I'm not going to assume she has the skill to fight Erza in close clombat with her bare-hands, let alone disarm her.

It's likely she would know it's very unwise to try fight a swordfighter with her fists, so she would make distance, probably by flying and start shooting, I assume.

Erza might miss the first blow, as Carol would start flying, but would quickly switch to her Heaven's Wheel armor and follow her to the sky.

From now on I guess it would be all Carol shooting and flying away, with a few chances of her trying to grab Erza to suck her energy or strike her nerves (altough Erza's higher LS and armor might make it difficult).

Erza on her own has the advantage in close combat with her skill and variety of weapons (with some speed amp and danmaku), having more than one flying armor even if some get destroyed. Carol's precognition is really helpful, but it doesn't allow her to dodge everything as far as I see.

I don't remember if Erza has ever deflected energy beams, or dodged many of them, although she has fought enemies that fight in that way (the first coming to my mind is Mirajane) I will leave this as a neutral point.

Erza might also have higher stamina, though Idk.

Overall, I think Erza takes this most of the times and with some difficulty.

For the record Ms. Marvel got like, a major AP and dura upgrade for the energy blasts and forcefields respectively, ever since last active response. So alot of points need to be re-examined

There is a reason I wasn't bumping this

Marvel's forcefields can now tank hits capable of no-selling attacks which were able to oneshot her, and her energy blasts upscale indeterminately

Doesn't matter that much since it's just scaling and not a value directly. What can one shot in one verse doesn't mean it would one shot in another plus we have that 7.5x diff for it on debates.

Doesn't matter that much since it's just scaling and not a value directly. What can one shot in one verse doesn't mean it would one shot in another plus we have that 7.5x diff for it on debates.
Still implies considerable upscale so... kinda weird point.

Also for the record I am not counting Erza votes' off Saman's reasoning since it doesn't consider many points :v

Back