• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W.I.T.C.H. Speed of Light Teleportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So I plan on adding profiles for the W.I.T.C.H. verse and while it's a work in progress, I've hit a snag regarding the characters teleportation ability and decided to create this thread in order to come to a conclusion.

Teleportation Spell
The Guardians possess what they call a teleportation spell which is described as instant but also described and shown as traveling through movement.

1. Just then, two guardians begin teleporting... Irma, Hay Lin, and Taranee: Three rays of light traveling through space in an instant to find themselves in Riddlescott, mid-fight.

2. Teleportation is the power of instantly moving from one place to another. It seems easy, you just join your fingers, like this and become beams of light that shoot in the desired direction.

3. Thanks to the teleportation spell, Will and Irma leave Heatherfield and in an instant that seems to last forever land safe and sound on the other side of the world - in Redstone!

4. Here we see the Guardians use their teleportation again and they are clearly moving in the direction and not instantly appearing at their destination.

There is also the Ragorlang that gained the exact same energy and powers as the Guardians themselves and used teleportation.

5. It all happened in an instant. Before the Guardians can understand what's going on, they're hit by a blinding explosion... of elemental light.

Talca explains that what the Ragorlang did and it was Teleportation.

6. W.i.t.c.h. also have light surrounding them when teleportating and all that is shown is a flash of light when Corneila teleported to her house and back.

It's pretty clear this is not instant teleportation but rather being transported at high speed. I do believe it's actually lightspeed going off the evidence/context we are given.

They are stated to be rays of light and when the Ragorlang used their teleportation it was described as elemental light. Not to mention it's directly stated to turn them into beams of light and shots them off in the desired direction which we've visually see on multiple occasions plus we see the flashes of light.

Magic/Elementals are considered natural as shown when the Oracle called them magical beings and nature being their friend, the earth being their mother and the elements being their allies. It is also stated on Elyon's info page that her powers are negative magical powers and have nothing to due with nature which means normal magical energy like the Guardians is actual real elements so it's legitimate light.

As for speed, so far I haven't found any direct statements saying it's lightspeed but considering they are becoming legitimate light and moving in straight lines as well as being able to travel everywhere around the world in what is stated to be an "instant" I'm pretty sure lightspeed was intended... at least in my opinion.

Conclusion
I think the Guardians should have "Speed of Light" travel speed via Teleportation Spell next to their normal speed ratings. However, I'd like to hear the thoughts of others.

Last edited:
Oh ? You and me definitely need to discuss tiering. I personally think they can be much higher than Tier 4. As for this revision... I agree with it.
Oh don't worry, I think there is evidence of 2-B to 2-A at their full power but I'm just waiting until I finish the Graphic Novels which are almost done, only 4 more books. Tier 4 is just what I could prove without a real problem so that's what I currently have them at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back