• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VSBW Unofficial Match Tiering List

WeeklyBattles said:
Not sure why LoL is in ag for low 7-C, the number of characters that are pretty average ability wise far outnumbers the hax monsters of that tier. Most of the Low 7-Cs are skill monsters instead. I was actually going to nominate them for underused lol
Well, if you specify which ones exactly for which subtiers, I can be more specific.

Okay finally updated.

I have to point out that I just added "Characters from One Piece" in the respective 7-A and High 7-A spots to avoid just listing most OP guys in there.

High 7-C may be a potential case too, but I'm not sure, for now it'll remain as it is now.

Boa isn't really a high 7c, she just lacks feats other than stomping high 7c characters So we rate her as at least high 7c when she's almost certainly a few tiers higher. IMO she shouldn't be here.

I'm not sure where to put Vitiate, on one side he is a glass cannon but on the other, he has a tonne of hax and is very fast.

Azure Striker and JoJo should both probably go to UU, as they're about even and they can get bodied.

Isaac (Binding of Isaac) for 9-A AG. Walls of passive hax, transmutation, mindhax, and extreme danmaku with all items. His wincon is existing.

Discord for 4-B OU. A very dangerous reality warper that leads with a snap, and occasionally, thought-based hax

Phoenix Wright for 9-B RU. Lost a lot of fame after getting nerfed and having his winstreak taken away from him.

Monika for Low 2-C or 2-C OU. Very haxxy and hard to kill but certain characters can.

Terraria for 5-C OU. Huge wall of abilities and some hax here and there, and not a loss thus far.

Moritzva said:
Azure Striker and JoJo should both probably go to UU, as they're about even and they can get bodied.
Updated the tiering descriptions, as it seems they were too dubious before.

Do you still think the same?

Edit: Oh yeah, OU and UU didn't change...

Moritzva said:
Everyone can get bodied, I would like a better explanation than that for the tier change, TBH.

Everyone can get bodied, I would like a better explanation than that for the tier change, TBH.

Azure Striker and JoJo have fought on equal terms with their higher tiers (Prevasion vs King Crimson). JoJo varies very heavily in power, but in most cases, is easily exploitable by NPI, any sort of AoE, superior skill to bypass their glass cannon durability, etc. As well, a lot of them really don't have great hax - hell, Rohan Kishibe, the resident haxlord, isn't 8-C.

You could bring up Heaven Ascension DIO but that's obviously not OU at all, rather AG.

(For comparison, have fun naming a JoJo who could beat Crystal or Rogue from Nuclear Throne. It's a pretty small list.)

Additionally, Madness Combat for OU 9-A, as in low-hax fights they are incredibly skilled and have assloads of piercing gun damage and massive guns, alongside bullettime. In high-hax fights, well, Tricky beat 682. So.

Effectively, they are very good at scoring victories, no matter if it's a hax fight or not. Which is a good judging factor, imo - more than simply raw strength, it should be about being able to score wins while minimizing losses in a non-stomp fashion. The kinds of characters that could win a Brackets of their tier, for example. Those would be great OU, or even Ubers material, if they are utterly undefeatable by anyone at their level.

Also, 682 should be OU or Ubers, since without Extended Canon, he's beatable. By, say, Tricky the Clow.

Oh yeah, Article Canon 682 isn't an smurf

Anyways, the other changes seem fine.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Note that if Four actually defeats Genie (Disney), then that would mean Genie would most likely be considered NU as well, given he never uses his hax in character in a fight, and that it would most likely be possible to accidentally exploit his Type 8 weakness during the fight, since hes baseline.

Orihime is a High 6C with 5B durability, would that put her in Ubers or would she be one of the bleach characters in AG ? I'm not 100% sure she can soul crush people.

Four (Battle for Dream Island) for 5-A UU? Decent hax, even stalemated 3 of the characters on that tier, one he wouldve had the potential to beat but was more sided to a tie (Thanos).

For 7-B RU, Characters from Battle for Dream Island due to meing mostly haxless, but the reason they arent NU is because some characters have decent hax (Leafy has Danmaku, Bubble and Gelati have Ice Manipulation, Puffball has Hypnosis, etc), topped with a surprisingly high AP rating (79.5 megatons) to keep them away from NU.

The only characters who have an exception to this are Bubble, who is a glass cannon, and Announcer, who has a thought based Plot Manipulation (Budget Cuts). With that, he should be OU.

Back