• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I legitimately dislike names that are unecessarily long to the point their acronym starts to look like a YouTube link, even if some of my verses suffer that at times.
Imagine if copyright laws had a character limit, lol.

Looks like that's because it's in scan site
Just put random google image of it instead

According to some guy who reviews light novels on youtube, the reason they're long is because light novels mostly cater to young Japanese men, and a lot of them are too impatient to find out what's the plot of the story by reading it, so they just smack a long title that summarises it.
That is hilarious to me, I dunno why

According to some guy who reviews light novels on youtube, the reason they're long is because light novels mostly cater to young Japanese men, and a lot of them are too impatient to find out what's the plot of the story by reading it, so they just smack a long title that summarises it.
Young Japanese Men should get off their asses and commit to a piece of fiction they plan to spend time reading.

Japanese author: i gotta summarize the story in my title so people get interested in it like a product on an aisle in a shop

Dostoevsky: Crime and Punishment achieves world fame

I just looked that guy up, and I found out some of his most famous works were titled Poor Folk, The Idiot, and Demons.
I love people.

It's more like the Web Novel industry is oversaturated.

There are like, thousands upon thousands of web novels in Narou. It's extremely difficult to figure out a title for your series that's gonna capture a reader's attention, especially if your work is already unoriginal in the first place.
Authors in places like that also just keep on pumping out stories just to see what sticks and gets more readers.

Well, it's not like long titles is limited to the web novel market. You also have the relatively long A Song of Ice and Fire, or Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World. In Four Parts. By Lemuel Gulliver, First a Surgeon, and then a Captain of Several Ships.

Back