• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I'm impressed this thread is still going.

To add to my established pet peeves, I really dislike random poorly formatted CRTs; that bring up the same arguments, have little to no links or blogs and are just a chore to debate in (especially if the OP is new and/or ignorant).

I'm not throwing shade but is it really that hard to contact verse supporters and/or staff to evaluate the CRT before posting it? (tbh tho that logical line of thinking isn't encouraged enough imo).

Another pet peeve of mine.
People often talk about how controversial and chaotic a thread could get when it has hundreds of replies and so on.
When in fact a lot of these replies that contributes to the threads being inflated are either off-topic, people saying "interesting", "lmao ohhh boiii this is gonna be awesome/terrible", "grabs popcorn" among other things.

Look at the Cthulhu Mythos downgrade thread. The thread isn't heated much yet to be considered a controversial thread, although the topic is controversial. Yet more than half of the comments in that thread are all like what I said above.

Not being a killjoy or anything, just an observation.

I feel you. I think SCP is the only verse that I started to really dislike only because of the powerscalers. I actually used to be an annoying fanboy when it came to the verse, but when I noticed all the sudden dick measuring contests going on, I was like "How did this go from a site where people can come up with and submit characters or objects that are contained or being hunted by a secret organization to a site about which higher-dimensional being can kill the other?"

I feel you. I think SCP is the only verse that I started to really dislike only because of the powerscalers. I actually used to be an annoying fanboy when it came to the verse, but when I noticed all the sudden dick measuring contests going on, I was like "How did this go from a site where people can come up with and submit characters or objects that are contained or being hunted by a secret organization to a site about which higher-dimensional being can kill the other?"
I kinda miss the days where the Scarlet King was the big bad of the SCP foundation, now some (but not all) SCP writers are just making self-insert OCs while only needing minimum approval for the article to be treated as "canon".

Back to the subject of the thread, I really dislike folks that knowingly do Vs match's between characters that are under major revisions.

For what it's worth, this wiki actually allows for better debate with characters like the high tiers of SCPs, because there are definitive profiles with scans where you can base on your information, regardless of your thoughts about their ratings.

Meanwhile, SCP fans on reddit might as well be writing their own SCPs because their circlejerking has spiraled out of control. They honestly have become just as obnoxious as those OPM fans who believe Saitama one-punches fiction.

I said it once before and i'll do it again.
People using acronyms for every damn verse out of context.
Like i get the super popular ones like OPM or DBZ/DBS or SMB, HXH...

but then we begin HK NC AB BD DB SC CJ NP GP and whatever random letter combo you can imagine, what is this, blood types?

Ah and of course the YVHDRIOGHDISOP and the SFOWEIFW and the MNLaARLD and stuff like that. Do you really think i'll understand that this is random japanese verse with this one manga adaptation that is somewhat popular? Heck no!

I said it once before and i'll do it again.
People using acronyms for every damn verse out of context.
Like i get the super popular ones like OPM or DBZ/DBS or SMB, HXH...

but then we begin HK NC AB BD DB SC CJ NP GP and whatever random letter combo you can imagine, what is this, blood types?

Ah and of course the YVHDRIOGHDISOP and the SFOWEIFW and the MNLaARLD and stuff like that. Do you really think i'll understand that this is random japanese verse with this one manga adaptation that is somewhat popular? Heck no!
Ancient One: Open your eye.

I blame Reddit for the SCP wank.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back