• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I legitimately dislike names that are unecessarily long to the point their acronym starts to look like a YouTube link, even if some of my verses suffer that at times.
Imagine if copyright laws had a character limit, lol.
You mean like KHHD2.8FCP+KH0.2BBSAFP?

I woke up and saw a messy profile, so I made a CRT
First of all...we need a VS Wiki Web Novel now, clearly.

Secondly, reminded me of another pet peeve. Any CRT that acts like the current state a page is in is unbelievable ("I can't believe we accept this, don't you know about this feat or this scan???"), or a thread complaining a profile is bad and asking for someone else to fix it or find the scans, or just complaining that you don't like a statistic but not making CRTs or showing your evidence.

It's suppose to be a community effort to keep the pages updated as best we can, I don't get throwing some kind of fit instead of being part of the effort.

Kindom hearths rigth?
Yeah. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue + Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-.
Yes, the HD (For "High Definition") is part of the title. & it's sort of cheating since Final Chapter Prologue is a bundle of several other Kingdom Hearts titles that are separate games from 0.2... but 0.2 was, IIRC, originally exclusive to said bundle, & may still be.

I feel like I already mentioned this one, but I don't think I did.

I hate how absolutely useless the Calculations Requests Thread is (and to a slightly lesser extent, the calculation evaluation thread). Of the several different calcs that I've requested on that thread and what I've seen and heard from other requests, literally none of them have ever actually been taken up. I understand no one is obligated to calc these requests, but like why the hell does the thread exist if no one does them? You also have to wait 50 whole days just to bump a request which is insanity.

And the evaluations thread, I don't know much about other people's evaluation requests (and the bump wait is 30 days instead of 50 iirc), but there was this one simple door lifting strength calc that I bumped for months straight and it never got evaluated. I ended up just going to ask in 2 calc group member's walls and got it evaluated by both calc group members within 4 hours of me asking.

Last edited:
I feel like I already mentioned this one, but I don't think I did.

I hate how absolutely useless the Calculations Requests Thread is (and to a slightly lesser extent, the calculation evaluation thread). Of the several different calcs that I've requested on that thread and what I've seen and heard from other requests, literally none of them have ever actually been taken up. I understand no one is obligated to calc these requests, but like why the hell does the thread exist if no one does them? You also have to wait 50 whole days just to bump a request.

And the evaluations thread, I don't know much about other people's evaluation requests (and the bump wait is 30 days instead of 50 iirc), but there was this one simple door lifting strength calc that I bumped for months straight and it never got evaluated. I ended up just going to ask in 2 calc group member's walls and got it evaluated by both clac group members within 4 hours of me asking on their walls.
That's probably cause most calc group members most likely don't follow the thread, or just don't care.

Yeah, it's pointless, you might as well just message them directly for a slightly better chance of getting them to do their job.

one of my biggest pet peeves is that it is next to impossible to get anything done if you have a small verse with no staff supporting it.
My bloodshot revision from march or Feb still hasn't been accepted (and it's such a small change too).

Virus profiles. Zombie virus profiles especially.

It is already debatable whether a virus is even a living being. It is certainly not sentient. However, even if we consider it a living being, it, and its bacterial counterpart, would not be a character then, but a civilization.
On all accounts, it would make more sense to consider the virus just as something used by other entities, e.g. zombies, much like we would for a kind of poison.

However, that is not even my main problem. The thing I hate the most is if illness profiles are written as if the virus uses infected or zombies like a mecha.
Like, what makes more sense? That the zombie is the character and the virus is the weapon it uses or that the virus is the character and the zombie is the equipment?
I just can't imagine that someone in good faith decided that making a virus instead of a zombie profile is the natural way to do it. I'm pretty sure those kinds of profiles are only written like that because it's harder to kill the virus than just killing the zombie(s).
What would be your solution for the current virus pages?

What would be your solution for the current virus pages?
What I would do depends on the page.
In a setting like Cells at Work where a singular Virus particle can be a character, it can stay as a character profile. The profile is just for that one particle then.
In a setting where a virus "colony", not just a singular particle, is of actual relevance as an independent actor make it a civilization profile.
If you just have a page for something like a zombie virus that isn't really relevant outside of infecting people or being what zombies use to infect people, make a profile for the infected/zombies and delete the virus profile.
If a virus is relevant because it's used as a weapon by some characters, make a profile for the characters, not the virus.

Just to clarify, I don't plan to make an actual revision on that. At least not anytime soon. Just wanted to put my view of it out there.
So the Plague Inc Viruses would fall under Civilizations because they're the main character technically?
I mean... yeah I guess. And their profiles would be separate from those of the infected.

What about the rage virus (28 Days Later)?
Don't really know the work. From reading up on it briefly it sounds like the infected that spread the virus should have a profile and not the virus itself.

Back