• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I have some

1. The fact that you must get an admin's approval in order to apply a CRT, even though said admin isn't knowledgeable on said verse. To me, it should be that the CRT should get added if a knowledgeable member of theverse approved it

2. Characters with stupidly long P&A's (Anos (oh, how I hate him), El Chapulin Colorado, A good portion of Marvel and DC characters, Unicron, etc.), like Jesus do you really expect me to read all that shit?

3. Most anime verses gets wayyy too much CRTS, like every time I go to Deku's profile, there is a tier change of some sort

2. Characters with stupidly long P&A's (Anos (oh, how I hate him), El Chapulin Colorado, A good portion of Marvel and DC characters, Unicron, etc.), like Jesus do you really expect me to read all that shit?
I mean, yeah. This is supposed to be about accuracy, we can't just shorten them just because we feel like it

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but VS Threads that word the match-up with something about "may the better character win"/"Which character is more deserving of [insert title]"/ect

Feels like it adds an unnecessary tribalism to it, might be what sparks some people who take matchups too personally.

Threads being concluded and closed only for someone who disagrees with the outcome of said thread immediately making a new thread using the same arguments and continuing the debate for/against the revision as though the previous thread did not exist.

Threads being concluded and closed only for someone who disagrees with the outcome of said thread immediately making a new thread using the same arguments and continuing the debate for/against the revision as though the previous thread did not exist.
I feel like you are referring to a certain DB CRT..

I hate how useless the "Calculation Evaluation" thread is

No calc member evaluates a calculation that is posted there, the chance is 1/1000000
The only option is to ascend to a calc group member and approve your own calcs lol. But yeah that's also a thing I've noticed as well.

This right here mods can just make a rule when they don’t like a verse
Y'know, there has to be a group agreement to add a discussion rule right? Discussion rules are completely fine. They only exist for topics that have repetitively been discussed over and over again with the same arguments each time that always end up being a toxic shitshow. Plus, discussion rules aren't that big of a deal anyways since they usually get ignored when new information and/or arguments are presented.

I hate how useless the "Calculation Evaluation" thread is

No calc member evaluates a calculation that is posted there, the chance is 1/1000000
I feel you on this one. I straight up waited multiple months for a simple door lifting strength calc to get evaluated only to find zero success. Eventually ended up just asking on a few calc group member's pages and got it evaluated the same day I asked.

1. The fact that you must get an admin's approval in order to apply a CRT, even though said admin isn't knowledgeable on said verse. To me, it should be that the CRT should get added if a knowledgeable member of theverse approved it
Agreed wholeheartedly
Its even worse for more Niche verses
Like seriously if its a verse only a few people know and the staff don’t have any knowledge on it
Along with every member of the niche verse who is knowledgeable agreeing they should be able to apply the CRT just fine

Most anime verses gets wayyy too much CRTS, like every time I go to Deku's profile, there is a tier change of some sort
Agreed as well feels like so many anime verses are getting minor up or downgrades every second week

Y'know, there has to be a group agreement to add a discussion rule right? Discussion rules are completely fine. They only exist for topics that have repetitively been discussed over and over again with the same arguments each time that always end up being a toxic shitshow. Plus, discussion rules aren't that big of a deal anyways since they usually get ignored when new information and/or arguments are presented.
That is how they are meant to be used
a group agreement of a few staff who are convinced by a few others isn't hard

Another pet peeve of mine...
I really dislike when an announcement is made on the wiki over something that has next to nothing to do with the site like some author leaving/dying, it's just entirely irrelevant beyond the respective fanbase in here, at which point keep that in some discussion board, rather than highlighting it as if it was relevant to everyone.

Back