• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

The way data characters are treated in the wiki. It makes no sense the more I look into it.

How easily people apply 9-C and 10-A to characters. Knocking a normal person out, even with a single strike, is not even 10-A, much less 9-C.

There are more things and verse specific but they would be either too big or unfitting here.

Not really as much of a pet peeve but also a source of amusement.

We all know that despite all the controversy and bad rep the wiki gets, it's still popular and used as a source often even outside the forums.

So it's painful and yet hilarious at the same time when people use the statistics of verses and characters that are eventually gonna get massive revisions, especially if it's gonna be downgrades.

Because most of the time people are very selective in picking which statistics they're gonna take from the wiki, with the intention of getting the highest possible ratings.

Look at how much people say Omni-Man is a planet-buster in r/WhoWouldWin, despite not having planet-busting feats in the show. Because more than likely they came across this profile. While people who refute these claims either actually read the comics themselves, or came across this CRT that's gonna yeet Tier 5 Invincible to the shadow realm.
Or how everyone and their mothers in One-Punch Man are Massively Hypersonic+++. Well, most of them still are, but characters like Iaian who are often claimed to be at these speeds is probably gonna be downgraded a bit into High Hypersonic+ at most. OPM fans on reddit are typically zealous in portraying the verse to the highest in can possibly be so I'm curious how they're gonna react to it in future threads.

Virus profiles. Zombie virus profiles especially.

It is already debatable whether a virus is even a living being. It is certainly not sentient. However, even if we consider it a living being, it, and its bacterial counterpart, would not be a character then, but a civilization.
On all accounts, it would make more sense to consider the virus just as something used by other entities, e.g. zombies, much like we would for a kind of poison.

However, that is not even my main problem. The thing I hate the most is if illness profiles are written as if the virus uses infected or zombies like a mecha.
Like, what makes more sense? That the zombie is the character and the virus is the weapon it uses or that the virus is the character and the zombie is the equipment?
I just can't imagine that someone in good faith decided that making a virus instead of a zombie profile is the natural way to do it. I'm pretty sure those kinds of profiles are only written like that because it's harder to kill the virus than just killing the zombie(s).

Another pet peeve of mine:
I really wish the site used original images for the content to feature in the announcements at the top of the forum unless they are related to Fandom itself or the like, as these stock images make me cringe out of the blatant unprofessionalism (at least give credit to whatever website it was stolen from), but that's just on my part and I understand why it's the way it is.

I absolutely hate the "Via powerscaling" or the "Via powerscaling to this character" reasoning that some profiles have.
Is that really a thing? It's usually "Stronger than" or "Comparable to". Admittedly it's better if actual feats are stated or elaborated on.
My only gripe is that it can be really exhausting trying to go through really long, and sometimes circular scaling for some profiles.

Any profile that has tabbers in their powers and abilities section that says "same as x form in addition to". So annoying that I gotta go through multiple damn tabbers to see everything. Like if it's resistances or equipment based abilities I understand but.

Profiles that don't link to relevant AP justifications or calcs to prove the AP a character has, so I have to find it myself which is annoying. Also CRTs that are so controversial they have like 5 pages, and I don't have the time to read through it so I don't know what's currently being argued, due to people trying to twist ability descriptions to give a character a certain ability, or due to people being insufferable dickwads which prolongs any real progress.

scaling profiles that lead to more profiles. You have to go through multiple profiles just to get the justification of the ap (e.g star wars)
I just go to the verse page and look at the calculations and notes sections, some verse pages have a comprehensive explanation of the entire scaling example black clover, others are a little vague but you can still figure out the scaling by looking at the calculations like one piece for example.

I just go to the verse page and look at the calculations and notes sections, some verse pages have a comprehensive explanation of the entire scaling example black clover, others are a little vague but you can still figure out the scaling by looking at the calculations like one piece for example.
That's true. But NGL I still get confused a lot whenever I look at Black Clover even if I look at the verse page lol

I think this doesn't count as a pet peeve, but rather a result of common pet peeves for the wiki.

You just know that there are 2 common reactions when you or someone checks out the profiles of verses you know in the wiki. It's usually either
"Hey, I didn't think this [insert character or verse here] is that strong!"
or
"Hey, I don't think this [insert character or verse here] is that strong!"
Nonetheless, I'd say that this is pretty unavoidable regardless of the quality of a lot of profiles in the wiki, simply because people have disagreements all the time.

If it gets to that point, it's a valid topic.
Doesn't matter if it is. I mean I sort of agree with you, but I understand why they are there. If we didn't have discussion rules, then there would be a lot of tension that would really mess shit up if someone was to talk about something a tad to controversial, which would need to be dealt with by mods and Beurucrats who have other shit to do.

Doesn't matter if it is. I mean I sort of agree with you, but I understand why they are there. If we didn't have discussion rules, then there would be a lot of tension that would really mess shit up if someone was to talk about something a tad to controversial, which would need to be dealt with by mods and Bureaucrats who have other shit to do.
I understand this sentiment. I was just saying that most discussion rules have a footing for being true, and just needs better arguments. Being controversial means nothing, every major CRT was controversial. The outcome was not decided by this.

I understand this sentiment. I was just saying that most discussion rules have a footing for being true, and just needs better arguments. Being controversial means nothing, every major CRT was controversial. The outcome was not decided by this.
That's a point. That I have no genuine counter to.

I do agree that mods are pretty much spoon-fed power and the ability to disapprove and approve shit they want without any knowledge on it. I'm to lazy to try and change it though.
the best part about that or the only good part is the admins popularity contest as always funny because they have to debate instead of allegating to power to silence them and most of them arent good in that

the best part about that or the only good part is the admins popularity contest as always funny because they have to debate instead of allegating to power to silence them and most of them arent good in that
Well, there are definitely a lot of knowledgeable mods here. I could name a few dozen that aren't though. Maybe a few more.

Well, there are definitely a lot of knowledgeable mods here. I could name a few dozen that aren't though. Maybe a few more.
1. i say no everyone
2. mostly refering to mobs without alot of knowlodge in series not just discusing abilities

Back