• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Void Shiki vs Yukari Yakumo

Well, Yukari can control boundaries, while Void Shiki is basically embodiment of boundary itself. How high her Root power is still unknown. So uncertain or incon

Voting Yukari based on the fact she can destroy all boundaries and reduce her range to nothing meaning she stops existing.

Well, this is Void we are talking about who doesnt even need MEoDP to kill things. With Root power amps, it goes sky high. There is still too much unknown about Void Shiki especially she is the nothingness itself. So, yeah incon or win if somehow Shiki wills to kill her.

I mean, does she need to use her sword to cut it down or its thought based? Because if its using her sword then Yukari range outclass her

Well if it was Saber Shiki, it would need a sword but since this is the genuine Void Shiki... It's unknown whether she can kill with just a thought or has to with contact. Still with incon

For what reason? This is why it's bad idea to put someone against Void Shiki, not Saber. Hell for all we know, he could be a 1 tier due to Root power. And she always lives in the boundary itself. So incon.

For the same reason that we are assuming a bunch of stuff with no backing, no proof, and that isn't even in her profile. Yukari can easily just think and she gets EEd while we don't even know if Shiki needs to think for her Wish Granting.

So a shaky foundation for incon.

Yeah, a lot of this is posturing "we don't know" "she might" "there's not enough information".

If all of these are true, then don't bring them up for a response it merely makes things more difficult to follow, it should be what is know and what isn't.

If Void's range is unknown then we go by what is known about it, and it doesn't even compare to Yukari's range, meaning Yukari can BFR Void and she's gone or just Erase her, or just snipe from a distance, or just summon more people to deal with her.

Yukari has many more victory conditions than Void's "maybes"

If we are going by that, then it will just be normal Shiki which of course cant help with anything. Yeah, this is a stomp thanks to lack of profiles, not wincons.

There are a few instances where it's described that the root transcends dimensions, iirc. I'll ask around for some scans for any shiki stans who wanna have fun.

On another note, in the cases of both Abigail Williams and Katsushika Hokusai, both were said to harmonize with Lovecraftian Outer Gods. Hokusai/ Cthulhu & Abby/ Sut Typhon (and I think Yog-Sothoth).

--

Kanji + a translation:

ÕñûÒü¬ÒéïþÑ×"Õà¿Òü½ÒüùÒüªõ©ÇÒÇüõ©ÇÒü½ÒüùÒüªÕà¿Òü¬ÒéïÞÇà"ÒÇé

ÒüØÒéîÒéëÒü»ÒÇüÒü¿ÒüéÒéïþò░µëìÒü¬ÒéïþöÀÒü½ÕëÁÚÇáÒüòÒéîÒüƒÞÖܵºïÒüºÒüéÒéèÒü¬ÒüîÒéëÒééÒÇüÕ©©Þ¡ÿÒéÆõ¥ÁÚúƒÒüÖÒéïþïéµ░ùÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÒü«µØíõ╗ÂÒéÆÕéÖÒüêÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇé
Õ¢╝ÒéëÒÇüÒüäÒéäÒÇüÒé¢Òâ¼ÒéëÒü»Õ£░þÉâÕÅñõ╗úÕÅ▓Òü½Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüùÒü¬ÒüäÕü¢ÒéèÒü«þÑ×ÒüºÒüéÒéïÒüîÒÇüÚüÖÒüïÒü¬µÀ▒µÀÁÒéêÒéèÒü«Þª│µ©¼ÞÇàÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÒü«ÕÅ»Þ⢵ǺÒéƵì¿ÒüªÒüìÒéîÒü¬ÒüäÒééÒü«ÒüƒÒüíÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇé ÒüØÒü«þë╣µÇºÒéÆÒééÒüúÒüªÒÇüÕ¢╝ÕÑ│Òü½Òü»ÒüôÒü«Òé»Òâ®Òé╣Òüîõ©ÄÒüêÒéëÒéîÒüƒÒÇé
ÞÖÜþ®║ÒüïÒéëÒü«ÚÖìÞç¿ÞÇàÔöÇÔöÇÔöÇÒâòÒé®Òâ╝Òâ¬ÒâèÒâ╝Òü¿ÒÇé

which translates to (feel free to contact another translator if u wish):

Outer God. "All-In-One, One-In-All".

While these are fictional creations of a genius man, they possess conditions to erode common sense into madness.
They, no, those are false gods that do not exist in Earth's ancient history, yet we can't eliminate the possibilities that they are observers from an abyss far away.
With such characteristics, she was given this class. Visitor from the empty void---Foreigner.

--

The above confirms that they're not some Nasuverse iteration, but stem from the original narrative.

--

Mysterious Heroine XX was both stated to have the power to kill Outer Gods - and performed such a feat in the case of BB/ Nyarlathotep (I can grab some scans for this later if you want) - stated to be due to harnessing the power of ÒÇî ÒÇì/Akasha/The Root, which is what Shiki embodies.

--

I'm unfamiliar with the other character you're all talking about in this thread, but if she cannot necessarily scale above Outer Gods, then it's a bit of a tough matchup.

Also, MHXX didn't even kill BB. When XX yeeted BB with Twinmyniad, BB basically just went ouch and shrugged it off, though it did stop her from using Nyar Nyar powers. I didn't remember XX or BB using root power there though.

MHXX's profile:

Õ«çÕ«ÖÒü«µ£ÇÕàêþ½»Òü½ÒüùÒüªµ£Çµ×£ÒüªÒüºÒüéÒéï『Õóâþòî』ÒüïÒéëÒü«ÕèøÒÇé『þäí』ÒéÆÚúƒÒüäþá┤ÒéïÕèøÒüºÒééÒüéÒéèÒÇüÕ«çÕ«ÖÒéƵïíÒüÆÒéïþ£ƒþÉåÒüØÒü«ÒééÒü«Òü¿ÒééÒÇé

A power from theÒÇî boundaryÒÇì that is both the far beyond and the forefront of the universe. Also, a power to rip apart ÒÇî nothingnessÒÇì and the very truth that expands the universe.

--

ÒÇî ÒÇìdenotes the root in nasuverse terminology.

--

Shiki's profile (from page 164 https://imgur.com/a/0Vmur):

All existence originates from ÒÇî ÒÇì and follows ÒÇî ÒÇì.

Separating the Ryougi, rotating the four phenomena, and assembling the eight trigrams. Revealing the truth of the world. The Ryougi is the yin-yang of the taijitu. Her name comes from the "shiki" of suushiki and the "shiki" of shikigami.

In other words, the mark of an all-powerful wish machine. For those who possess this skill, regular parameters become meaningless.

--

Let me remind you to take the description of Foreigner into account from Abby's profile in my previous comment.

BB/ Nyarla interaction with MHXX:

1. https://prnt.sc/pk74u0

2. https://prnt.sc/pk7624

3. https://prnt.sc/pk76bw

4. https://prnt.sc/pk76ru

5. https://prnt.sc/pk7725

--

Another Abby excerpt:

ÒéåÒüêÒü½ÒéóÒâôÒé▓ÒéñÒâ½Òü¿Òü»ÒÇüÕñûÒü¬ÒéïþÑ×Òü½õ╗òÒüêÒéï"ÕÀ½ÕÑ│"ÒüºÒüéÒéèÒÇüþÑ×ÒéÆÚíòþÅ¥ÒüòÒüøÒéï"õ¥ØÒéèõ╗ú"ÒüºÒüéÒéèÒÇüÞÖܵºïÒü©Òü«ÚûÇÒéÆÚûïÒüÅ"ÚìÁ"ÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇé

Therefore, Abigail is a "miko" who serves an Outer God, a "vessel" to allow the god to manifest, the key to open the gate of fiction.

--

By destroying the vessel, the Outer God cannot manifest. How is it that BB was living after MHXX striked? Simple. As stated, she has an Outer God killer in her hands, alongside harnessing the power of the Root as stated in her profile. BB herself is the key to an Outer God, as explained in Abby's Foreigner explanation above. Therefore, she must have killed the actual Outer God itself, which necessarily removes all of its power from BB. This is consistent with what BB herself explains, as well as having the Key to the Outer God survive, while the powers are necessarily gone.

--

[EDIT]: This necessarily scales Akasha's potency (or however you wanna word this) above the noted Outer Gods at least (and likely more in reference to BB's quote generalizing Outer God), since Akasha is the source of MHXX's power.

Nice strawman. I showed, explained, and scaled a direct use of the Void, it's established that Shiki's "origin" is the Void, itself, and I also showed a profile excerpt that directly states and explains her connection to it.

Check the databook link I sent and the 4th page on her character. An excerpt states "The personality of the body itself, embodying ÒÇî ÒÇì that represents the beginning." So any feat that's shown to directly use the power of the Void is literally using the power of Void Shiki.

Nice lack of trying to understand what I said. All that has been known for a while, that's good for you, but it literally matters nothing when what Shiki can do like this is pure speculation that could or couldn't be.

If you have a problem with that and believe we should do it any differently, make a CRT for her.

You're claiming that another character who uses ÒÇî ÒÇì to scale above Outer Gods bound by their original narrative can harness ÒÇî ÒÇì better than ÒÇî ÒÇì itself, which doesn't logically follow at all, and you've provided no evidence to support such a claim, while there's a slew a statements establishing the contrary (what I have claimed).

"Rest of the messages are absurd and reaching," while providing no counter.

Very constructive...

You also conceded the fact that Void Shiki is the Void, itself, so the "don't know what the body does" statement is rendered invalid by your own admission to the slew of contrary examples. It directly follows that any feat using the Void itself must be within the arsenal of Void Shiki, since you admit she's not an avatar, but the Void, itself.

Drop your condescending bullcrap. Either make a CRT to change her profile if you think this is convincing evidence, like I already told you , or drop the useless tangent that we can't use because it's not accepted in the site.

And whether Shiki is the void or not... literally doesn't matter. I don't know how I can stress this harder without sounding rude. If it isn't accepted and is just seen as speculation, it matters literal squat. So do a CRT, which would be way more helpful moving this along.

There's no need to shoot out red herrings. Nothing I said was condescending in the slightest. I've said that I'm open to counters, yet have been provided none that discredits the multiple examples from source material.

It doesn't matter if her profile on this website states "speculation" anywhere if I provide multiple examples from specific source material showing otherwise. I have no idea why you're holding an incomplete fan-made profile above source material. Making a CRT on this website does not change the source material, regardless of how the community votes on it, so it doesn't matter. "It's not stated on a fan-made profile" is not an argument.

This thread was clearly opened for discussion due to the op's unclear understanding of the character, so it's clearly welcoming of additional information - information not present on this wiki's profile of her.

My argument still stands without a rejoinder.

Back