• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Violet Evergarden: Non-existent Physiology for Witchcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Well, as the title suggests, Violet Evergarden... Never actually used or learned Witchcraft in the show. It's like a few seconds from the promo and that's that.

It's literally the same ordeal as Prototype's old Hypersonic rating, it's a scene from the trailer but... It never actually happens in the story.

Proposal: Take off her "9-A via Witchcraft"

In agreement: 4 (ArbitraryNumbers, Gargoyle One, Asnav218 and RebubleUselet)

In disagreement:

If there truly isn't an instance in the series where she used it then perhaps it was retconned, so I can agree with this.

You can find out by watching the show it's super good

Well, Violet using witchcraft actually comes frome the light novel. She used it as her primary weapon in war. However, to be honest, I have some problems with the calc that puts her at 9-A, it uses a non-justified speed to get to that level of AP

"Note: This profile is mostly based on Violet's anime counterpart."

Though then again there is that pesky mostly... Either way.

yeah, as far as I remember that "mostly" was added to justify the inclusión of Witchcraft in her profile. While I dont have a problem with witchcraft being in her profile, I think the calc could be invalid as it is based on an anime promo and it uses some iffy speed values.

If I inadvertently sound like a smartass to everyone, then I'm sorry, but I'm not trying to be an expert, honestly:

If we were to remove Witchcraft, then most of, if not all, of the concluded matchups on her profile should be removed and preferably not rebooted...including the ones in which she lost

if my comment seems ignorant to anyone because it may look like I just butted in, then sorry, but I'm just trying to give my opinion on this because simply removing a key description would easiliy cause a lot of complications

I honestly think Witchcraft should be kept. Why? Because in other profiles, key abilities or forms that are only available in the LN or manga versions are still intact. For example, Tatsumi's Tyrant form is included in his profile due to being in the manga, but never even made an appearance in an anime adaptation of as yet. Same thing applies with stuff like Mikasa's Thunder Spears and Issei's Pseudo Diabolos form. I do not see the logic on how everyone else's similar cases are allowed, but seemingly not for Violet's case, based on the vote count I'm seeing right now. I do agree with the fact that the 9-A calculations might not be altogether accurate, though.

Violet Evergarden clearly did use Witchcraft in the LN, but the anime adaptation staff decided to omit the showcasing for her ability to use it in the anime, because they wanted to show a different kind of story and show Violet in a much more humane light than in the LN. Like when she was still in the war, it was mentioned that she even played around with the guts of the people that were killed, which would likely break the flow of the intended plot in the adaptation, imo.

From this explanation, I think we really need to address the part that says "this profile is based on Violet's (blank) counterpart"....either it should be changed or removed altogether. That is my proposal. If anyone still thinks my explanation is illogical, then please explain, but make sure you're not ignoring the content from the LN.

Also, I place my own vote for "In disagreement", if that helps.

Accuracy carries higher priority then matchup security.

That's because they're based on the manga rather then anime. Violet is not under such a case.

DMUA said:
Accuracy carries higher priority then matchup security.

That's because they're based on the manga rather then anime. Violet is not under such a case.
Violet Evergarden is based on a light novel, but idk why manga series have a different situation from light novels in terms of viable information. If it's because of lack of visual artwork compared to the former due to the differing formats, then it makes some sense, but definitely not enough. There's many LN characters in this wiki that fall under the same situation as the manga examples.

You say matchup security, yet the Mikasa vs Violet matchup was deleted due to the claims of it being "outdated" even though the thread had plenty of updates during the time it was active. I have read most of the rules regarding matchup threads, so I'm aware of how stuff is conducted with them. However, if that matchup was outdated, then lots of other matchups with other characters on this site are likely VERY outdated, yet there's been no initiative to deal with them.

My vote still stands as "in disagreement", if you're still counting votes as of now

I mean... Yeah, but... This profile is still based on the Anime version, which decided to get rid of Witchcraft, probably due to the fact they wanted to keep it down to earth with it's theme and all. Either way, the thing the calc's based on, again, never happened. So at the least, it should be changed to a "higher with" rather then a solid tier.

Attack on Titan got upgraded, so. If there are outdated matches, there's a removal thread.

DMUA said:
I mean... Yeah, but... This profile is still based on the Anime version, which decided to get rid of Witchcraft, probably due to the fact they wanted to keep it down to earth with it's theme and all. Either way, the thing the calc's based on, again, never happened. So at the least, it should be changed to a "higher with" rather then a solid tier.

Attack on Titan got upgraded, so. If there are outdated matches, there's a removal thread.
Ok, "higher with" would be fine....just removing Witchcraft completely just doesn't seem like a good move. Now while I still think Violet can actually reach 9A or probably higher with Witchcraft, there is, ofc, the fact that we don't get enough visuals in the LN to know the full capacity of those abilities.

It says that her profile is 'mostly' based on her anime counterpart. The Witchcraft comes from her LN counterpart. If there is confusion then we can remove that note from her profile.

Or we can strictly follow the anime counterpart, and readjust her profile accordingly.

I am neutral about this.

I mean, I think we should probably just stick to one continuity for it, but that's up in the air for the rest of you guys.

I suggest changing the tier description to:

Tier: 9-B physically, higher with weapons and "Witchcraft"

And delete the note to avoid confusion in the future.

We should still decide if it's an Amalgamation or which version we should actually stick to, though.

We do have a lot of other profiles which do not just stick to one continuity. Like our Harry Potter and Game of Thrones pages.

Violet's profile being composite isn't really a big deal.

Either way, the instance which the calculation is based on never actually happened.

The calc is based on assumptions regarding how fast she can swing it. I too am a little iffy about that.

Wait, I just saw the accepted value was 74,542.05 joules which is Wall level. How the hell is she Small building level?

AKM sama said:
Wait, I just saw the accepted value was 74,542.05 joules which is Wall level. How the hell is she Small building level?
I made a thread about that here but was redirected here.

does that mean we're gonna have to remove all the versus threads that posted on her profile?

I'd rather not because I think at least most of them would've went the same way whether or not the 9-A was implemented

I'm still wondering why a change like "a lot higher with 'Witchcraft'" hasn't been implemented yet. I even suggested something like that a while back.

Yeah, it'll take out a lot of matches.

I think we agreed with Higher via Witchcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back