• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Before I make my second attempt at certain other revisions to Battle for Dream Island, there are a bunch of smaller revisions I want to propose that will probably be easier to reach conclusions about. I packed them all in this one content revision thread. If you disagree with some of the points, the discussion about it probably won't require a lot of effort.

Pie's Intelligence
I think that, even now with “at least Gifted” being Pie's Intelligence rank, her intelligence is underestimated a bit.

I think Pie's intelligence in general is “Above Average” due to her emotionally mature nature, which can be written to introduce that and why, followed by “Genius in mathematics” for the reasons I wrote.

Memories of Mechanical Minds
Characters with mechanical minds should have Photographic Memory listed, due to them being able to store memory. Remote and Robot Flower seem to have impressive memory capabilities, and TV is like a computer capable of storing and loading vote data and footage from previous episodes. Roboty has a mechanical mind too, so despite his lack of feats, this upgrade applies to him too. This upgrade may also apply to Pie with math because of her being able to memorize an infinite amount of digits, and Golf Ball due to easily confirming Robot Flower's counting.

Gaty's Intelligence
Gaty knowing about the gamma ray burst from light years away refracting off Rocky's vomit and vaporizing the Funny Plant at Donut at the end of BFDI:TPOT 4: Gardening Zero should be listed as a different ability than Enhanced Senses. It should be listed as limited Genius Intelligence. The purpose of Gaty telling Donut what happened wasn't because Gaty looked at what happened in outer space, it was because, for the sake of absurd comedy, she was somehow able to easily extrapolate where the gamma ray burst came from upon her observing what happened at Donut, and why it happened. Gaty explained the solution because “it's simple”, not that it was easy to see, but because the circumstances were easy to interpret, which Donut agreed with in hindsight even though he was looking downward the entire time the gamma ray burst came to Earth. Furthermore, Cary Huang, who wrote and helped direct the episode, and who is one of the two creators of the series, said that Gaty is smart for doing what she did.

Gaty normally lacks the context of being a character with outstanding intelligence and this feat seems like an outlier on the surface, but I know a way to make it applicable. Since the feat is a gag where a character is suddenly tremendously smarter than usual, we can add “Genius via Toon Force” to Gaty's Intelligence section. If you don't know what I mean, think of what Patrick Star from SpongeBob SquarePants sometimes does, but it's just a one-off occurrence in Gaty's case, rather than being a consistent part of her characterization.

Barf Bag's Intelligence
Lollipop may downplay Barf Bag's intelligence, but her profile on the VS Battles Wiki overplays it by regarding it as “Above Average”.

Barf Bag's Intelligence rank should be downgraded to “Average” for the reasons I wrote.

Tennis Ball and Basketball's Intelligence
Tennis Ball and Basketball have an interest in science, making discoveries and making inventions. The VS Battles Wiki currently regards them as geniuses, but they actually aren't. I think they should be ranked “Gifted”, or maybe they could even be ranked as “at least Gifted”, but outright “Genius” overplays their intelligence. I'll start by explaining why Tennis Ball isn't a genius.
Now to explain why Basketball isn't a genius.

The conclusion is that, although Tennis Ball and Basketball are very smart, the VS Battles Wiki overestimates them by considering them as geniuses. Their Intelligence ranks should be slightly lower, like I proposed earlier. The characters are experts at science, which should put them at the level of real life people who work in this field in an impressive way. Unlike most people in real life who are like this, Tennis Ball and Basketball do this as a hobby instead of as a job, which makes it slightly more impressive.

Coiny's Intelligence
I think Coiny should be ranked as outright “Above Average” intelligence. This rank starts being clear when all the evidence is put together.

Coiny has proven to be an efficient teammate and leader not only during BFDIA, but during the entire series after that. Coiny reassuring Pin during BFB 6: Four Goes Too Far led to Pin reassuring her team during BFB 8: Questions Answered, which was the reason the team still had motivation after their idol Loser got eliminated. When Needle isn't carrying the team with her athleticism and high speed, Coiny is the one coming up with good ideas and being a leader, which is evident in most TPOT episodes so far.

Fanny's Intelligence
Fanny is smarter than her VS Battles Wiki profile portrays her as.

My conclusion is that Fanny is great at looking into the depth of things, paying attention, and being convincing when she's explaining something. It takes intelligence to successfully be overly-critical like that. I think her Intelligence rank should be upgraded to “Above Average”, for the reasons I wrote.

Taco's Intelligence
Taco's profile on the VS Battles Wiki claims that the Official Character Guide states that, as a natural-acting leader, Taco is clever and resourceful, and will often try to look for quick solutions to problems. The sentiment is in conflict with what the guide actually states.

“Taco naturally acts as a leader, but this doesn't mean she's a good one. She wants her problems resolved quickly, so she often looks for hasty solutions. This leads her expecting too much from the people she leads.”

The Official Character Guide plainly calls Taco an inefficient and hasty leader. Her Intelligence rank should be downgraded to “Average” so it can be in accordance with the truth.

Taco's Hearing
Taco's profile on the VS Battles Wiki claims that she was able to hear Firey on the Sun from Earth, but that's not what happened at all. Taco reacted to Flower, who was on the ground with her, just saying hi to Firey instead of telling him something useful. Following that, Taco yelled to Firey to make the Sun hotter for X, which Firey heard, but we didn't see Taco hearing Firey's answer. Enhanced Senses should be removed from the profile.

Taco's Power
Taco doesn't always use her full power; Taco only got out of the jawbreaker after trying very hard, and was previously trapped there between BFB 2: Lick Your Way to Freedom and BFB 3: Why Would You Do This on a Swingset. This explains why Teardrop couldn't escape the jawbreaker she was in despite being comparable to Taco, as shown during BFB 1: Getting Teardrop to Talk; Teardrop is only comparable to the average power of Taco. The jawbreakers are supposed to have impressive durability, so if characters were comparable to the full power of Taco, proper powerscaling would result in most characters being superior to the jawbreakers, contradicting their purpose of being superior to the other characters.

I propose that Taco has some sort of “higher at her peak” rank added to her profile, so her power to break jawbreakers can be differentiated from her usual power.

Winner's Climbing
I think that Winner climbing up the side of Two's hotel during BFDI:TPOT 1: You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right? counts as Acrobatics, which should be listed on their profile. (When originally making the profile, I mistook it for Surface Scaling, which I was informed to remove, then I later realized that it was actually Acrobatics, but didn't propose this revision until now.)

“Aw, Seriously?!”
David is regarded as having Electricity Manipulation due to the yellow lines that used to appear when he yelled his catchphrase “Aw, seriously?!” very loudly during BFDI 17: The Reveal. However, those yellow lines probably represented soundwaves, not electricity. Modern graphics further demonstrate this idea with a more powerful David, during BFDI:TPOT 4: Gardening Zero, where a giant David did the strongest “Aw, seriously?!” yet, and the force was represented differently, with white non-electricity-looking omnidirectional waves. The yellow lines of the past were just a form of Sound Manipulation, so Electricity Manipulation should be removed from David's profile.

Four and Gravity
Four has a Resistance to Deconstruction due to being able to touch Black Hole without a problem, which is already listed on his profile, but this is also a Resistance to Gravity Manipulation and that's not listed on his profile, so I propose that it gets listed. More evidence is that, Four was unbothered by being on the Sun, and the gravity there is far stronger than on Earth due to its far larger size. This should also apply to X, because he was there too.

Contestants on the Sun
Contestants being on the Sun is way too consistent to simply dismiss as plot-induced stupidity. It became quite a common location in BFDI. Lollipop has been on the Sun three times so far! The first time during BFB 20: A Taste of Space, the second time during BFB 26: The Hidden Contestant, and the third time during BFB 30: Chapter Complete. Many other contestants have been on the Sun too, of course. During BFDI:TPOT 5: Fishes and Dishes, Fries went on the Sun to try growing a Funny Plant, as one of Two's Funny Plant revival ideas.

The problem has always been that characters have consistently been weak against getting melted and burned, but I have a solution. It should be mentioned as a justification for the Toon Force of the characters that they are unaffected by the dangerous effects of the Sun specifically. This way, we can regard them as being able to be on the Sun as if it's a regular location, while maintaining the fact that they are susceptible to burns and melting.

Non-Physical Interaction
Non-Physical Interaction is the ability that used to be what the characters had as listed instead of their manipulation of elements such as fire and electricity, for the same justification, being that characters can physically interact with and move characters such as Firey and Lightning, who are made of fire and lightning respectively. The ability listed was changed from Non-Physical Interaction to the manipulation of elements because someone who seemed to not even be familiar with BFDI wrote that the ability seems like that in their opinion, and everyone else found this good. However, I think Non-Physical Interaction is more accurate, and I have reasons.

The ability itself isn't the manipulation of the different states of matter. The characters aren't portrayed as elemental benders in any circumstances; they're portrayed as being able to treat all characters as solid regardless of if those characters have solid bodies or not. In “Elemental Intangibility”, the characters circumvent the “Intangibility”, not control the “Elemental”. The ability to treat non-solid states of matter as solid is Non-Physical Interaction.

Retracting Limbs and Faces
There's two small accepted details about the limbs that I want to propose the removal of in this thread. “Objects are capable of growing and retracting their limbs. When an object dies, their limbs and face disappear, most likely because they have been automatically retracted.” This is a quote justifying characters having Body Control, but there are flaws with it.

Out of the evidence for common Body Control among object characters that is currently in place, there should only be the one with Gelatin growing extra arms, and seemingly being able to make them disappear afterward.

Fragile Characters
Much like Bubble, Ice Cube and Balloony, there are other characters who are portrayed as fragile, yet on the VS Battles Wiki, the durability of those other characters are completely scaled to the average tier 4, when that should only apply to their limbs. Their object bodies should be below average.

Foldy Isn't Acid-Free
Foldy shouldn't be regarded as having a Resistance to acid. The justification for the Resistance is that, during BFDI:TPOT 1: You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?, Foldy survived Rocky vomiting on her, followed by her saying “Aw, flap! I'm not acid-free anymore!”. Rocky's vomit is often a dangerous acid, so the Resistance seems to make sense when interpreted a certain way. However, I'm pretty sure that's not what truly happened. Vomit is acidic in nature, and acid isn't always anywhere near lethal. As the vomit came out of Rocky's mouth, before it hit Foldy, it was visually the dark green non-lethal vomit that has been shown many times in the past to not be dangerous. What landed on Foldy didn't seem to be steamy and melty like Rocky's lethal vomit, so it seems that Foldy made a pun only in reference to Rocky's lethal acid vomit, without the vomit actually being lethal. Besides, Foldy is portrayed as fragile, so it's odd for her to inexplicably resist something that kills most other characters. Same with Eggy, who got some of the vomit on her face when Foldy shook.

TPOT Elimination
Now, instead of Two “possibly” having existence erasure, we can regard them as “likely” having existence erasure. Cary Huang, one of the creators of the series, said that Two deletes the eliminated contestants, during his reaction video to BFDI:TPOT 5: Fishes and Dishes. However, despite his sure tone, he seemed to be only saying that based on what he observed, rather than giving a confirmation about it as an insider, like last time. Additionally, the idea of Two erasing the eliminated contestants still has information conflicting with it. Two said that they might send Pie some of the cake that The Strongest Team on Earth didn't eat during BFDI:TPOT 3: Getting Puffball To Think About Rollercoasters, which probably wouldn't have made sense if Pie got erased as her elimination. Bottle confidently said that the eliminated contestants don't die during BFDI:TPOT 4: Gardening Zero, although she had no way of knowing for sure. We still can't be sure of what happens to the eliminated TPOT characters, but either way, this isn't the first time Cary has said something like this, so we should put a little more value into the idea that Two erases the eliminated contestants.

Yoyle Dance
🕺🕺🕺

During BFDI:TPOT 5: Fishes and Dishes, Marker said that he took a class in Yoyle Dance that taught him to communicate through dance. This was his plan for communicating underwater, and he casually asked Fanny and Tree to read the book to learn it too, which they did quickly and they immediately became as skilled as Marker. Fanny and Tree demonstrated Accelerated Development, and the context seems to imply that pretty much any character could do the same. If this weren't a common ability, then what Marker said would've been a foolish plan.

Additionally, the three characters who know how to communicate using Yoyle Dance have the intelligence feat of being fluent in an additional language, because, of course, they also know how to fluently communicate in English.

Machines Aren't Water-Proof
During BFDI:TPOT 5: Fishes and Dishes, TV and Robot Flower broke when water touched them. It seems that mechanical characters have a weakness to water, especially since before that, Robot Flower said that she's weak to water because she's electric. That's intuitive. This weakness applies to TV, Robot Flower, Remote and Roboty.

Timestamps in References
If all evidence in the BFDI pages is to be given references, the References section will end up being cluttered with repetitive evidence if there is to be different references for different timestamps of the same episode. It isn't always necessary to add the timestamps when possible. The standard format for animated series and webseries doesn't include the timestamp of evidence. I think the primary purpose of references is to prevent linked evidence from becoming invalid in the case that links become broken. I think timestamps in references are best applied to fictional works that are depicted by a long movie, or a few long movies. It states so in the standard format for movies. These may just be standard formats, but diverting from them is to adjust the standard format to suit specific fictional works, and I find that adding timestamps to the BFDI pages only worsens them and makes adding references more tedious.

I would like to redo the references in the BFDI pages, with the previous paragraph in mind.

Contestants being on the Sun is way too consistent to simply dismiss as plot-induced stupidity. It became quite a common location in BFDI. Lollipop has been on the Sun three times so far! The first time during BFB 20: A Taste of Space, the second time during BFB 26: The Hidden Contestant, and the third time during BFB 30: Chapter Complete. Many other contestants have been on the Sun too, of course. During BFDI:TPOT 5: Fishes and Dishes, Fries went on the Sun to try growing a Funny Plant, as one of Two's Funny Plant revival ideas.

The problem has always been that characters have consistently been weak against getting melted and burned, but I have a solution. It should be mentioned as a justification for the Toon Force of the characters that they are unaffected by the dangerous effects of the Sun specifically. This way, we can regard them as being able to be on the Sun as if it's a regular location, while maintaining the fact that they are susceptible to burns and melting.
The toon force part could be applied for whem characters become able to breath on space but not underwater or whem the cardboard ship window broke

also, this should give them resistence to gravity as well
Winner's arm is apparently special, and Winner has the ability of absorption due to the special nature of their object body, unlike most other characters. We can infer that the additional limbs Gelatin grew can be retracted or easily removed anyway, because of how he didn't have his extra limbs in the next scene he appeared in soon after he grew them. It isn't favorable to use Winner's arm as inaccurate evidence, and it's unnecessary, so the evidence should be removed.
Gelatin one is more of a toon force feat
II jumpscar
I would say she is a diferent thing, she is made of paper, she should be week to sharp objects and beingh ripped apart, but other forms of atack should still be threated as the tier 4 dura

I agree with everything else, seen reasonable to me and I see no problem with any of this

The toon force part could be applied for whem characters become able to breath on space but not underwater or whem the cardboard ship window broke

also, this should give them resistence to gravity as well
I'm aware of how the inconsistency with the characters being able to stand on the Sun is of similar nature to the inconsistency involving their Self-Sustenance, but I don't want to press for an outright resistance to heat, fire and gravity.
I would say she is a diferent thing, she is made of paper, she should be week to sharp objects and beingh ripped apart, but other forms of atack should still be threated as the tier 4 dura
A character's durability being tier 9 for sharp attacks but tier 4 for attacks like punches would need a better justification.
I agree with everything else, seen reasonable to me and I see no problem with any of this
Thanks. 👍

I'm aware of how the inconsistency with the characters being able to stand on the Sun is of similar nature to the inconsistency involving their Self-Sustenance, but I don't want to press for an outright resistance to heat, fire and gravity.
I would just say "resitence from gravity trough toon force" but fair
A character's durability being tier 9 for sharp attacks but tier 4 for attacks like punches would need a better justification.
I mean, try punching a pice of paper, them try to rip It apart, paper just works like that thanks to beingh really thin
No prob

I mean, try punching a pice of paper, them try to rip It apart, paper just works like that thanks to beingh really thin
It's true that it's easier to destroy a paper by ripping it instead of punching it, but the default difference obviously isn't by supernova levels of power, which is why I think that your idea requires a better justification.
Also, thanks for adding the "remove David eletricity manipulation" part, has been bugging me for so loooooong...
I'm happy to help. 👍

It's true that it's easier to destroy a paper by ripping it instead of punching it, but the default difference obviously isn't by supernova levels of power, which is why I think that your idea requires a better justification.
Well, her "ant dura feats" aren't that good eitheir

The blades of the basket propelers aren't as weak as they seen, beingh able to "fly" trough lava, only bending whem eraser or block(don't remenber witch one) trowed a ball at It and out pulling Cloudy

Beingh ripped apart seen like a ant feat, specially sinse woody was the one that did It... wait? the same woody that has stellar level LS thanks to scaling from the "moving the sun" feat?

And beingh unfolded don1t really has anything to do with dura :V for me she only is weaker to this types of damage or down scales to normal characters dura, but not to the same point of other fragile characters

Well, her "ant dura feats" aren't that good eitheir

The blades of the basket propelers aren't as weak as they seen, beingh able to "fly" trough lava, only bending whem eraser or block(don't remenber witch one) trowed a ball at It and out pulling Cloudy

Beingh ripped apart seen like a ant feat, specially sinse woody was the one that did It... wait? the same woody that has stellar level LS thanks to scaling from the "moving the sun" feat?

And beingh unfolded don1t really has anything to do with dura :V for me she only is weaker to this types of damage or down scales to normal characters dura, but not to the same point of other fragile characters
I know that Foldy was exclusively seen being destroyed by forces that are powerful, but I feel like the ways that she died is supposed to give the viewers the impression that she's fragile. If you still don't agree, I can settle for her durability being tier 4 but scaling below the other characters with that tier of durability.

I know that Foldy was exclusively seen being destroyed by forces that are powerful, but I feel like the ways that she died is supposed to give the viewers the impression that she's fragile. If you still don't agree, I can settle for her durability being tier 4 but scaling below the other characters with that tier of durability.
Yee, I don't see It still, for me her deaths aren't that much weaker or concepted to show her as more fragile them the deaths of characters like fries and Barf bag, But I do agree she should be with the lowers tier 4 dura characters

Gaty knowing about the gamma ray burst from light years away refracting off Rocky's vomit and vaporizing the Funny Plant at Donut at the end of BFDI:TPOT 4: Gardening Zero should be listed as a different ability than Enhanced Senses. It should be listed as limited Genius Intelligence. The purpose of Gaty telling Donut what happened wasn't because Gaty looked at what happened in outer space, it was because, for the sake of absurd comedy, she was somehow able to easily extrapolate where the gamma ray burst came from upon her observing what happened at Donut, and why it happened. Gaty explained the solution because “it's simple”, not that it was easy to see, but because the circumstances were easy to interpret, which Donut agreed with in hindsight even though he was looking downward the entire time the gamma ray burst came to Earth. Furthermore, Cary Huang, who wrote and helped direct the episode, and who is one of the two creators of the series, said that Gaty is smart for doing what she did.

Gaty normally lacks the context of being a character with outstanding intelligence and this feat seems like an outlier on the surface, but I know a way to make it applicable. Since the feat is a gag where a character is suddenly tremendously smarter than usual, we can add “Genius via Toon Force” to Gaty's Intelligence section. If you don't know what I mean, think of what Patrick Star from SpongeBob SquarePants sometimes does, but it's just a one-off occurrence in Gaty's case, rather than being a consistent part of her characterization.
I disagree with Gaty getting outright Genius, as she lacks any other intelligence feat for her to qualify for that. If the creator said she’s smart, she should be Above Average instead. I also disagree with removing Enhanced Senses since she could still tell Rocky’s vomit was the cause of the Gamma Ray Burst’s refraction despite him being in space. If she really didn’t know that was Rocky, she wouldn’tve mentioned him, yet she did, which means she had to have seen it from afar.
During BFDI:TPOT 5: Fishes and Dishes, it was revealed that Basketball and Robot Flower had made mechanical bubbles that characters can go inside to protect them from the dangers of being underwater. On top of how the effort was combined between two characters, we don't know how long it took them to create the machines, so while it's impressive, it's not a display of genius intelligence.
I disagree with this not being a feat of genius. The way the contestants had to enter the bubbles was by phasing through them, something almost mechanically impossible to do without popping the bubbles whenever they are piercing through them with their bodies. Since there’s nothing that replicates these inventions in real life, this has to be done through some impossible-level tech.

I agree with Tennis Ball not being a genius, but not Basketball.
Taco doesn't always use her full power; Taco only got out of the jawbreaker after trying very hard, and was previously trapped there between BFB 2: Lick Your Way to Freedom and BFB 3: Why Would You Do This on a Swingset. This explains why Teardrop couldn't escape the jawbreaker she was in despite being comparable to Taco, as shown during BFB 1: Getting Teardrop to Talk; Teardrop is only comparable to the average power of Taco. The jawbreakers are supposed to have impressive durability, so if characters were comparable to the full power of Taco, proper powerscaling would result in most characters being superior to the jawbreakers, contradicting their purpose of being superior to the other characters.

I propose that Taco has some sort of “higher at her peak” rank added to her profile, so her power to break jawbreakers can be differentiated from her usual power.
This feels too redundant to add since Taco already withstands the force of her own strikes, and since Taco could evenly trade blows with Ruby in BFB 18, that further justifies my disagreement for how unnecessary this is.

Should also note that the eliminated contestants in BFDI 24 could also survive the sun close to them without any issue, but this weakness contradicts characters like Leafy and Ice Cube who are weak to fire. But if they are capable of withstanding the heat of just the sun and nothing else, that also sounds like “limited Resistance to Extreme Heat when standing on the sun”.
Non-Physical Interaction is the ability that used to be what the characters had as listed instead of their manipulation of elements such as fire and electricity, for the same justification, being that characters can physically interact with and move characters such as Firey and Lightning, who are made of fire and lightning respectively. The ability listed was changed from Non-Physical Interaction to the manipulation of elements because someone who seemed to not even be familiar with BFDI wrote that the ability seems like that in their opinion, and everyone else found this good. However, I think Non-Physical Interaction is more accurate, and I have reasons.

The ability itself isn't the manipulation of the different states of matter. The characters aren't portrayed as elemental benders in any circumstances; they're portrayed as being able to treat all characters as solid regardless of if those characters have solid bodies or not. In “Elemental Intangibility”, the characters circumvent the “Intangibility”, not control the “Elemental”. The ability to treat non-solid states of matter as solid is Non-Physical Interaction.
Neutral on this. I should note that moving entire elements without altering their structures is a sign of manipulation for those specific elements, but you may want to get a 3rd opinion on that matter.
I disagree, considering she takes a kick from Blocky without any issue. Also, nervousness doesn’t translate to power, and that only indicates Woody being stronger. That BFB 12 example is also pretty bad because that’s not even AP, that’s LS through incapacitation.
Foldy shouldn't be regarded as having a Resistance to acid. The justification for the Resistance is that, during BFDI:TPOT 1: You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?, Foldy survived Rocky vomiting on her, followed by her saying “Aw, flap! I'm not acid-free anymore!”. Rocky's vomit is often a dangerous acid, so the Resistance seems to make sense when interpreted a certain way. However, I'm pretty sure that's not what truly happened. Vomit is acidic in nature, and acid isn't always anywhere near lethal. As the vomit came out of Rocky's mouth, before it hit Foldy, it was visually the dark green non-lethal vomit that has been shown many times in the past to not be dangerous. What landed on Foldy didn't seem to be steamy and melty like Rocky's lethal vomit, so it seems that Foldy made a pun only in reference to Rocky's lethal acid vomit, without the vomit actually being lethal. Besides, Foldy is portrayed as fragile, so it's odd for her to inexplicably resist something that kills most other characters. Same with Eggy, who got some of the vomit on her face when Foldy shook.
Except Rocky’s vomit has been shown to be potent enough to melt large holes in the ground quickly which is not at all what regular stomach acid does. Also, later on, that same vomit corroded Remote very easily, and no ordinary stomach acid would be capable of corroding plastic that easily.
If all evidence in the BFDI pages is to be given references, the References section will end up being cluttered with repetitive evidence if there is to be different references for different timestamps of the same episode. It isn't always necessary to add the timestamps when possible. The standard format for animated series and webseries doesn't include the timestamp of evidence. I think the primary purpose of references is to prevent linked evidence from becoming invalid in the case that links become broken. I think timestamps in references are best applied to fictional works that are depicted by a long movie, or a few long movies. It states so in the standard format for movies. These may just be standard formats, but diverting from them is to adjust the standard format to suit specific fictional works, and I find that adding timestamps to the BFDI pages only worsens them and makes adding references more tedious.

I would like to redo the references in the BFDI pages, with the previous paragraph in mind.
I don’t think that’s necessary. If there’s the chance an episode gets taken down and a mirror is uploaded, we would still need to find the necessary timestamp for the sake of not trying to skim through entire episodes just in case we’re in a hurry. It’s agreed to be optional (In fact, I was the one who suggested that when revising the References page), but I think this looks nice for adding detail.

Anything else I didn’t reply to, I agree with them.

I disagree with Gaty getting outright Genius, as she lacks any other intelligence feat for her to qualify for that. If the creator said she’s smart, she should be Above Average instead. I also disagree with removing Enhanced Senses since she could still tell Rocky’s vomit was the cause of the Gamma Ray Burst’s refraction despite him being in space. If she really didn’t know that was Rocky, she wouldn’tve mentioned him, yet she did, which means she had to have seen it from afar.
I don't find that this addressed how I got to the conclusion I got. Why would Donut agree that the circumstances were obvious in hindsight when he was looking downwards the entire time, meaning he couldn't have seen Rocky as easily as Gaty supposedly did?
I disagree with this not being a feat of genius. The way the contestants had to enter the bubbles was by phasing through them, something almost mechanically impossible to do without popping the bubbles whenever they are piercing through them with their bodies. Since there’s nothing that replicates these inventions in real life, this has to be done through some impossible-level tech.

I agree with Tennis Ball not being a genius, but not Basketball.
I suppose that would work. Thanks for pointing it out.
This feels too redundant to add since Taco already withstands the force of her own strikes, and since Taco could evenly trade blows with Ruby in BFB 18, that further justifies my disagreement for how unnecessary this is.
Due to how amplifications work, a character's general durability wouldn't scale to their maximum occasional power (and likewise, other characters who can harm that character). I proposed this revision to Taco's power because it's the only way I figured it would've made sense for her to be capable of breaking jawbreakers when such power is shown to be exclusive to a small number of characters, while most of them can only lick their way into a jawbreaker.
Should also note that the eliminated contestants in BFDI 24 could also survive the sun close to them without any issue, but this weakness contradicts characters like Leafy and Ice Cube who are weak to fire. But if they are capable of withstanding the heat of just the sun and nothing else, that also sounds like “limited Resistance to Extreme Heat when standing on the sun”.
Yeah, that's close to what I have in mind.
Neutral on this. I should note that moving entire elements without altering their structures is a sign of manipulation for those specific elements, but you may want to get a 3rd opinion on that matter.
We'll see how this goes in the future of this thread then.
I disagree, considering she takes a kick from Blocky without any issue. Also, nervousness doesn’t translate to power, and that only indicates Woody being stronger. That BFB 12 example is also pretty bad because that’s not even AP, that’s LS through incapacitation.
JustANormalLemon already convinced me to not continue trying to downgrade Foldy's paper durability to below average, but it should probably still be at the weaker side of the powerscaling compared to the other BFDI characters. Blocky frequently overpowers Woody and wasn't trying very hard when kicking Foldy. It seems that Foldy's durability should have "at most" in front of the tier 4 rank. What do you think?
Except Rocky’s vomit has been shown to be potent enough to melt large holes in the ground quickly which is not at all what regular stomach acid does. Also, later on, that same vomit corroded Remote very easily, and no ordinary stomach acid would be capable of corroding plastic that easily.
I don't find that this addressed how I got to the conclusion I got. Sometimes Rocky's vomit is just normal vomit that characters can touch without getting hurt, and my point is that the harmless kind of vomit was the kind that landed on Foldy. It looked like the clear deadly vomit when it landed on Foldy, it was actually the harmless-looking kind when it was leaving Rocky's mouth.
I don’t think that’s necessary. If there’s the chance an episode gets taken down and a mirror is uploaded, we would still need to find the necessary timestamp for the sake of not trying to skim through entire episodes just in case we’re in a hurry. It’s agreed to be optional (In fact, I was the one who suggested that when revising the References page), but I think this looks nice for adding detail.
Of course, it's good to be specific with putting information on profiles, but I'm making this proposal as more of a personal preference, since I find it more convenient to add references without having to be concerned about the timestamps. It may not be necessary to remove them, but I wouldn't be bothered by removing all the timestamps by myself just for the sake of making those references consistent to the ones I have been adding as new TPOT episodes release that lack timestamps.
Anything else I didn’t reply to, I agree with them.
Thanks. 👍

I don't find that this addressed how I got to the conclusion I got. Why would Donut agree that the circumstances were obvious in hindsight when he was looking downwards the entire time, meaning he couldn't have seen Rocky as easily as Gaty supposedly did?
Because he was literally only concerned about the GRB passing through him. He didn’t need to know it was the result of Rocky’s vomit refracting the GRB towards him, but Gaty told him anyways because she had to have seen it from above. With how small the spaceships are especially the distance they are from Earth, seeing them from the surface would be impossible without enhanced eyesight, otherwise Gaty only would’ve stated that the GRB came straight down on Donut and not mention anything about the GRB refracting off of Rocky’s vomit. Again, just because Cary stated she’s smart isn’t enough to call her a genius without any other intellectual feats. Not to mention, calling something smart could apply to literally everything, including animalistic-below average beings like dogs and young children. With the way he said it and how Gaty said her phrase, she can only be Gifted at best and Above Average at worst.
Due to how amplifications work, a character's general durability wouldn't scale to their maximum occasional power (and likewise, other characters who can harm that character). I proposed this revision to Taco's power because it's the only way I figured it would've made sense for her to be capable of breaking jawbreakers when such power is shown to be exclusive to a small number of characters, while most of them can only lick their way into a jawbreaker.
Except... her durability isn’t getting amped nor has it been stated it was? She still withstands her own hits including her stronger ones, so I still find the addition of that redundant.
JustANormalLemon already convinced me to not continue trying to downgrade Foldy's paper durability to below average, but it should probably still be at the weaker side of the powerscaling compared to the other BFDI characters. Blocky frequently overpowers Woody and wasn't trying very hard when kicking Foldy. It seems that Foldy's durability should have "at most" in front of the tier 4 rank. What do you think?
“At most” feels too redundant anyways especially since she hardly gets hit in the series. Just keep her durability as it is,
I don't find that this addressed how I got to the conclusion I got. Sometimes Rocky's vomit is just normal vomit that characters can touch without getting hurt, and my point is that the harmless kind of vomit was the kind that landed on Foldy. It looked like the clear deadly vomit when it landed on Foldy, it was actually the harmless-looking kind when it was leaving Rocky's mouth.
Rocky doesn’t really know how to control his acid levels given his stupidity, so his acidity level when he vomits is pretty much the same. Hell, even his brighter vomit doesn’t even have any effect on other contestants while a darker vomit could dissolve a jawbreaker quickly, which means color doesn’t matter.
Of course, it's good to be specific with putting information on profiles, but I'm making this proposal as more of a personal preference, since I find it more convenient to add references without having to be concerned about the timestamps. It may not be necessary to remove them, but I wouldn't be bothered by removing all the timestamps by myself just for the sake of making those references consistent to the ones I have been adding as new TPOT episodes release that lack timestamps.
It’s better to be more detailed about the citations in the case the videos somehow get deleted to which we are forced to look for a mirror (And to an extension, the timeframe). Besides, this format looks better than ones without the timestamps.

Because he was literally only concerned about the GRB passing through him. He didn’t need to know it was the result of Rocky’s vomit refracting the GRB towards him, but Gaty told him anyways because she had to have seen it from above. With how small the spaceships are especially the distance they are from Earth, seeing them from the surface would be impossible without enhanced eyesight, otherwise Gaty only would’ve stated that the GRB came straight down on Donut and not mention anything about the GRB refracting off of Rocky’s vomit. Again, just because Cary stated she’s smart isn’t enough to call her a genius without any other intellectual feats. Not to mention, calling something smart could apply to literally everything, including animalistic-below average beings like dogs and young children. With the way he said it and how Gaty said her phrase, she can only be Gifted at best and Above Average at worst.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Except... her durability isn’t getting amped nor has it been stated it was? She still withstands her own hits including her stronger ones, so I still find the addition of that redundant.
There indeed hasn't been a confirmation that Taco was amplified when she broke the jawbreaker, but I'm trying to get that idea accepted because if it doesn't then the next logical conclusion is that it was an outlier (for the same reasons), unless there's a different justification that I'm not thinking of. Considering how Four scales above the contestants, and he was the one who created the jawbreakers to keep contestants trapped, which was shown to be very effective, it doesn't make sense for a relatively normal contestant like Taco to scale above it without some sort of exception being involved.
“At most” feels too redundant anyways especially since she hardly gets hit in the series. Just keep her durability as it is,
Fine.
Rocky doesn’t really know how to control his acid levels given his stupidity, so his acidity level when he vomits is pretty much the same. Hell, even his brighter vomit doesn’t even have any effect on other contestants while a darker vomit could dissolve a jawbreaker quickly, which means color doesn’t matter.
I think the dangerousness of the vomit is random rather than up to Rocky. Anyway, I've never seen the dark green vomit with orange and yellow chunks of solid in it ever be lethal, which is what the vomit looked like before it hit Foldy.
It’s better to be more detailed about the citations in the case the videos somehow get deleted to which we are forced to look for a mirror (And to an extension, the timeframe). Besides, this format looks better than ones without the timestamps.
Fine.

There indeed hasn't been a confirmation that Taco was amplified when she broke the jawbreaker, but I'm trying to get that idea accepted because if it doesn't then the next logical conclusion is that it was an outlier (for the same reasons), unless there's a different justification that I'm not thinking of. Considering how Four scales above the contestants, and he was the one who created the jawbreakers to keep contestants trapped, which was shown to be very effective, it doesn't make sense for a relatively normal contestant like Taco to scale above it without some sort of exception being involved.
Why would you be saying the jawbreakers are equal in durability to Four when we clearly see characters like Dora, 8-Ball, and Stapy one-shot them, who are all supposed to be inferior to him? They have never been stated to be equal to his power, and it just means Four created these jawbreakers that are more durable than certain contestants, but not all of them. It shouldn’t be an outlier either since those 3 contestants I said could break them without any help from anyone.
I think the dangerousness of the vomit is random rather than up to Rocky. Anyway, I've never seen the dark green vomit with orange and yellow chunks of solid in it ever be lethal, which is what the vomit looked like before it hit Foldy.
Texture color doesn’t matter. The only way you can accurately measure acidity is through litmus paper.

Why would you be saying the jawbreakers are equal in durability to Four when we clearly see characters like Dora, 8-Ball, and Stapy one-shot them, who are all supposed to be inferior to him? They have never been stated to be equal to his power, and it just means Four created these jawbreakers that are more durable than certain contestants, but not all of them. It shouldn’t be an outlier either since those 3 contestants I said could break them without any help from anyone.
I consider the powerscaling as; Four > Dora ≈ 8-Ball ≈ Stapy ≈ Taco at peak > jawbreakers > Taco normally. Dora, 8-Ball and Stapy proved that they can break jawbreakers in one hit with pretty much no difficulty, while Taco couldn't break the one she was trapped in for weeks before she had to put in a lot of effort into one climactic attempt at breaking free. This makes sense due to Four having created the jawbreakers with the purpose of trapping contestants; the jawbreakers aren't equal to him, but they successfully functioned as the assets he needed for the challenge he commanded.
Texture color doesn’t matter. The only way you can accurately measure acidity is through litmus paper.
The chunks that I mentioned would melt in the vomit if its pH level were hazardous, but they never do.

I consider the powerscaling as; Four > Dora ≈ 8-Ball ≈ Stapy ≈ Taco at peak > jawbreakers > Taco normally. Dora, 8-Ball and Stapy proved that they can break jawbreakers in one hit with pretty much no difficulty, while Taco couldn't break the one she was trapped in for weeks before she had to put in a lot of effort into one climactic attempt at breaking free. This makes sense due to Four having created the jawbreakers with the purpose of trapping contestants; the jawbreakers aren't equal to him, but they successfully functioned as the assets he needed for the challenge he commanded.
Fair point on where the jawbreakers fall on the scaling chain, but the thing is, most BFDI characters don’t even try to hold back knowing they’re in competitions where they are destined to win. A serious Ruby ended up fighting a serious Taco with no signs between them holding back in an attempt to defend their towers, with them evenly trading blows with each other and thus withstanding their own attacks.

I still think adding that isn’t necessary since the feats Taco scales to are already above that.
The chunks that I mentioned would melt in the vomit if its pH level were hazardous, but they never do.
Fair enough. Put me in as agreeing then.

oh about the sun feat

Even as far back as BFDI ... didn't Needle literally pop (aka touch) the her yoyle cake which turn into a star several times larger than the Sun?

true though it has been surpased by TV pushing black hole so not relevant besides giving Needle an actual resistance to the sun and heat in general
Ye, the fact blackhole has the mass of multiple stars is funny

You know one thing also? Evil leafy pocket dimension can probable be nerfed if we scale a "averge stary pocket dimension" size to how much book, pencil and the other where shrinked whem walkig in the putside of evil leafy

Ye, the fact blackhole has the mass of multiple stars is funny

You know one thing also? Evil leafy pocket dimension can probable be nerfed if we scale a "averge stary pocket dimension" size to how much book, pencil and the other where shrinked whem walkig in the putside of evil leafy
true though it's not relevant now that stronger feats exist nowadays

That doesn’t feel necessary. So long as that starry sky was compressed in there, it’s pretty much what it is in itself. Even if the contestants themselves shrunk, it doesn’t mean the pocket dimension would be smaller.

Anyways, that should be saved for later as it’s irrelevant to this thread.

That doesn’t feel necessary. So long as that starry sky was compressed in there, it’s pretty much what it is in itself. Even if the contestants themselves shrunk, it doesn’t mean the pocket dimension would be smaller.

Anyways, that should be saved for later as it’s irrelevant to this thread.
I trough this was the GD one :V

Most of this looks fine. Though any issues I prefer be ironed out by those knowledgeable on the series (which seems to have been addressed already)

Fair point on where the jawbreakers fall on the scaling chain, but the thing is, most BFDI characters don’t even try to hold back knowing they’re in competitions where they are destined to win. A serious Ruby ended up fighting a serious Taco with no signs between them holding back in an attempt to defend their towers, with them evenly trading blows with each other and thus withstanding their own attacks.

I still think adding that isn’t necessary since the feats Taco scales to are already above that.
The contestants indeed normally don't restrain themselves, but they also normally don't exert themselves to the maximum they possibly can. I count Taco breaking out of the jawbreaker she was trapped in as her exerting herself to the maximum, so her normally being weaker than the jawbreakers doesn't mean she knowingly holds back her power. Taco and Ruby fighting counts as them exerting themselves to a suitable degree in a non-murderous fight, but not to the absolute maximum that'd remind us of bloodlust.

I should be more specific about what I'm proposing; what I have in mind is that Taco has the ability to exert herself beyond most contestants' maximum potential, probably through Supernatural Willpower. The scene where she broke out of the jawbreaker gives off some major "my friends are my power" trope vibes, don't you think? Her getting what she thought was motivation from her friends being all it took for her to do an attack that freed her from the jawbreaker that previously proved to be too durable for her to break seems like a clear-cut willpower amplification to me.

I should be more specific about what I'm proposing; what I have in mind is that Taco has the ability to exert herself beyond most contestants' maximum potential, probably through Supernatural Willpower. The scene where she broke out of the jawbreaker gives off some major "my friends are my power" trope vibes, don't you think? Her getting what she thought was motivation from her friends being all it took for her to do an attack that freed her from the jawbreaker that previously proved to be too durable for her to break seems like a clear-cut willpower amplification to me.
Supernatural Willpower should work

Most of the revisions have finished being applied, but the discussion about Non-Physical Interaction has remained inconclusive. I'll write the people's positions below. Knowledgeable members of BFDI will be bolded and staff members will be underlined.

• JustANormalLemon: Agree: Wrote agreement with all my proposals except for Foldy's durability downgrade.
  • Psychomaster35: Neutral: Wrote so specifically about this proposal.
  • DarkDragonMedeus: Neutral: Agreed with Psychomaster35.
  • Board3659: Unknown: Didn't clarify a stance about this.
  • LordGriffin1000: Neutral: Wrote that it's preferable that issues be ironed out by knowledgeable members of the series.

I'll ask someone else who knows about BFDI for their input specifically about this point, so we can conclude the thread.

Most of the revisions have finished being applied, but the discussion about Non-Physical Interaction has remained inconclusive. I'll write the people's positions below. Knowledgeable members of BFDI will be bolded and staff members will be underlined.

• JustANormalLemon: Agree: Wrote agreement with all my proposals except for Foldy's durability downgrade.
  • Psychomaster35: Neutral: Wrote so specifically about this proposal.
  • DarkDragonMedeus: Neutral: Agreed with Psychomaster35.
  • Board3659: Unknown: Didn't clarify a stance about this.
  • LordGriffin1000: Neutral: Wrote that it's preferable that issues be ironed out by knowledgeable members of the series.

I'll ask someone else who knows about BFDI for their input specifically about this point, so we can conclude the thread.
kind of meaning less but I do agree with it obviously

kind of meaning less but I do agree with it obviously
Your input certainly isn't meaningless; this changes everything in fact. I now got the extra agreement that I needed to have the revision proposal approved of. Staff may have been neutral about the revision, but what they wrote allowed for the potential to have the revision be approved of as long as members who are knowledgeable of BFDI shared their insight about it, which was potential that has been reached thanks to you.

Right now isn't a good time for me to apply the revision. I'll give an update here after I've applied the revision.

Back