• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This thread is created for the purpose of removing outdated or stomp versus threads from profiles that are administrator-protected.

Here are the regulations that need to be followed:

• Kindly post links to the threads, along with the characters involved in the thread.
  • Provide reasons as to why you think it is a stomp match or if it doesn't follow our Versus Thread Rules.
  • Do not request a versus thread to be removed just because it's under your favorite character/verse profile.
  • Keep in mind that just because a match is decisive, or even has a unanimous vote, does not automatically make it stomp.
  • Remain patient regarding responses. Do not disturb other members with requests to look into this thread.
  • Do not derail the thread with off-topic posts. Persistent derailing, will likely result in a warning or perhaps even a block, depending upon the severity of the derailment.
  • Argument involving a versus thread to be removed that you don't agree with is allowed. Just be sensible about it.
The following on their own do not automatically mean a match is a stomp.

• Being a decisive match doesn't make it a stomp.
    *Having a small array of hax isn't a stomp.
  • Having one hax to the opponent's none, or one hax being the deciding factor doesn't make it a stomp.
NOTE TO ALL STAFF: Please read through as much of a thread as you can before removing it. This will lessen the amount of people attempting to abuse this thread simply to remove losses from their favorite characters.

Teach vs Naruto

So, since we were two days late (I swear it was one day when I commented, but IDK), I'll say it here.

I think the reasons for Teach aren't good enough.

His absorption is, first of all, slow. It took several seconds by the perspective of marine fodder to absorb things, and it wasn't that fast against Ace either. He would not be able to absorb a bijuudama before it detonate.

Teach takes hits head on a lot of time for no real reason. Even Luffy got a punch in against him. And even if you call that outlier, he still doesn't dodge much. Naruto's preferred ranged attack destroys on a cellural level. I don't think I need to say more than that.

Naruto can get out of the absorption by substituting. Especially since the sinking is slow, and as far as I remember Teach's only direct gravity manip just brings people to him, not to his absorbing shadow thing.

Naruto has clones, and that's an obvious advantage.

Naruto can predict what he wants to do to a certain extent with empathy and all that (I am awere that isn't rare in one piece, but I don't think Teach had it at this point and several kilometer detonation don't really care about the enemy knowing).

Naruto can summon Ma and Pa to mindhax him with sounds, tough that's pretty OOC in this key as a starting move.

Those are the reasons that come up at the moment.

@Eliza

Can you remove Aizen Inconclusive result against Mami? The profile is locked. The match is outdated and was made when Bleach was still 7-A.

Some matches were already removed from profiles but I handled the rest.

^^

I was going to make a request on it, righ now; I got ninja. I agree.

This type of match rules basically trivialized major tiering statistics; they also restrict most or all characters' abilities in a manner that is against the rule; so, such matches should never have been added.

Versus Thread Rules:

• It is fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup. However, matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one. In this case the match can be added.

They don't restrict abilities. They simply put them in a non-combat scenario. And I see no problem with that. In fact, if anything, they are more to their "maximum potential" since Phoenix's potential is best as a lawyer.

This board is for discussing character fights. Please avoid highly controversial topics.
These matches aren't really fights, indirectly restrict a lot of things, and are biased by necessity. The super nonstandard format lends itself pretty well to win farming, isn't accounted for by the rules, and can pretty easily lead into weirdness with other matches too.I could give The Number Ma a victory over some super high tier character because i set the only wincon to hacking into the opponent's bank account or something, which seems really stupid to have added to the profiles.

And I think we're logical enough to tell when something is win farming, typical battle or not.

Placing gunned characters against no gun characters in 9-B and 9-C has always been classic win farming. Most people I know can see that.

I think Woskistan's points make sense; from an old removed match, I think Sonic at 5-B lost to Phoenix from a court debate, in that manner.

I would say, it can depend since the Tier 9-C and 9-B gaps are really large; in any case, most of the win farmed are starting to be removed as stomp from versus thread thread request; so, versus thread removal request should handle these.

Except these matches listed above aren't win farming. They're quite fair and legitimate.

Moritzva said:
Except these matches listed above aren't win farming. They're quite fair and legitimate.
They still would not be legitimate since they restrict abilities, as I and Wokistan described.

They still would not be legitimate since they restrict abilities, as I and Wokistan described.

I don't see how they restricted abilities.

We don't ban all Tier 9 Versus Matches simply because people win farm in some of them.

I wasn't talking about the Tier 9 matches but the other type of matches that Wokistan and I mentioned.

Elizhaa said:
I wasn't talking about the Tier 9 matches but the other type of matches that Wokistan and I mentioned.
And neither of the two above restrict abilities either. This sets a poor precedent, especially for characters such as Daniel J. D'Arby, L (Death Note), and Kaiji Itou, or other characters that don't 'fight' traditionally.

The cases were implitcit in restriction; in the debate match, for instance, Sonic could not use any of his abilties to win all no matter how useful they would be; hence, the restrictions.to his abilities would mean the match would be removed.

I don't know much about these characters so I can't really comment on them now; I will however work on a thread to solve many of OP's rule issues on next week's weekend.

I do know these characters: at least, King, that is. If you ignore the fact that King really doesn't have abilities besides being scary, the entire debate is over "Can Phoenix Wright take away the metaphorical wool King has been pulling over everyone's eyes?"

If you replace King with someone else, the battle becomes completely different. Unlike with, say, Sonic, where you could replace Sonic with any character on the wiki and have more or less the same process.

Discord VS. Chaos

What does Chaos have that Discord doesn't? Previously he had the AP advantage since he'd be able to oneshot Discord but that isn't the case anymore. Discord also massively outmatches with the amount of hax he has. Even Chaos' type 8 doesn't help here.

King did have ability like Supernatural luck when that match. King was not seeing as a normal human there. The ability was removed later which made him like a normal human.

From what I remembered, now, Light can actually fight at 10-A; he just use the Death Note a lot which would hax. I don't much about the other there.

King has never really been supernaturally lucky, just scary and a tad lucky. And that wasn't restricted. That's the entire thing Phoenix was trying to disprove. "This guy isn't a superhero, he's a fraud who got lucky!"

Also, I said L, not Light. L is hunched over and hunts down Light. D'Arby and Kaiji are purely card players. Neither of them are traditional fights, so ruling out these matches based on being untraditional is in bad faith for these two and many others.

My bad, I confused L for Light. I do know that L can fight though. I will be honest; I am iffy on making some winning conditions not being based around special abilities like superpower or tiering statistics. I also have seen some OP make some funky rules like one restrict Immortality Type 8 and another to restricted all deadly hax. In any case, I don't want to clog the this thread. We could move the discussion to discord or my message wall and we could invited Wokistan to flesh out his points there.

The Kaido vs Smaug thread seems very sketchy to me. All arguments for Kaido were based on smaug being baseline 6B when his profile explicitly states- Atleast 6B, Likely higher.

He has no form of calc to speak of and his only proof of 6B is being able to destroy a country, which is textbook baseline 6B

That's there due to lack of feats.

It was agreed here that following Baldi's upgrade, several matches should be redone or removed.

The Speedwagon match should be redone, meaning it should be removed for now. I think. If they should be redone you remove them first right?

We agreed his match with the Thanos dinosaur should be redone as well.

While he won against Stephanie, he now oneshots. It's debatable if this should stay or be removed.

Lastly, it is agreed that his [https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1748392 match against Myers] should be removed since Myers stomps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back