• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it shouldn't be. It requires outside help. That's like giving the Heavy self-ressurection because The Medic can ressurect him in MvM.

That would fall under "Optional Equiptment" I'm pretty sure, since he just has it in one game.

Also, it only saves Mario from being knocked out, not outright death. This is shown when, despite having 0 heath (When a 1up is actually useful), if you run away Mario is just fine.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I did.
https://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_clothing_in_Mario_%26_Luigi:_Dream_Team#1-Up_Gloves

https://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_clothing_in_Mario_%26_Luigi:_Paper_Jam#1-Up_Gloves
Multiple games technically.

Smashor, did you even look at the recent revision thread? In SPM the series makes multiple references to extra lives being a thing.

Also if resurrection is a problem for that match, then all of Mario's losses should be removed due to it.

Kaguya laughs in incapacitation.

(Not that her matches are gonna stay up for long either due to a certain thread but still)

These are just 4th wall breaks. If Mario actually had extra lives then literally nobody would be an issue in any Mario game and no villain would bother since they can never win, canonically.

No villain ever seems to remember that you died, nor does anyone for that matter. If he actually can come back, then it's not applicable since literally nobody remembers anything.

Demigra: Demigra actually stomps as Mario's only advantage was raw AP which Demigra dwarfs him in now.

Sora: Can't kill Mario due to resurrection.

Discord: Frankly a bad match. The votes were literally "Discord via hax". Some brought up transmutation which Mario resists. Mind hax was the only factor that was brought up in Discord'a favor that mattered, and no one ever specified how Trigger happy he was with that.

Bender: I don't remember but likely can't get past the resurrection.

Kirby and Kagura are fine as both incap, though I still think Mario resists Kagura due to it being glorified time manipulation.

The ressurection dosn't matter. It either dosn't exist or it just increases the chance of Mario getting good RNG with no other effects.

To resist hax? Of course, let's remove all HD resistances then from all characters. I mean, what's the difference from them to Mario?

Y'all gonna stop right now tho

If you're gonna discuss Mario's abilities that should be elsewhere than here.

Alright. But someone link it here. I don't want to miss another major CRT that ends up getting reverted a few months later because it was objectively wrong.

I agree with Saikou. We need to get back to show Goku can get past Mid regen and kill Mario several times without Mario doing anything durability negating in response.

Schnee One said:
Don't Ki blasts vaporize?
This isn't Saint Seiya, Goku wouldn't be able to vape Mario with. 1.6X ap advantage. I remember a Cell thread saying that since Cell was vaped by Gohan, it means that Cell can get vaped by people not much stronger than him.

Goku has AP disadvantage

@Cal the lives thing is still disputed though. Demigra and Discord being removed seems fine

Unoriginal Memes said:
Goku has the AP advantage with Kaio Ken. That has been brought up multiple times.
And? Bringing it up multiple times doesn't change that such an advantage is negligible. 1.6x advantage is nothing in the grand scheme of a fight.

Honestly, the Goku vs Mario discussion has been going for what looks to be over 100 messages.If the match discussion still continue and still contentious then I recommend making a rematch in vs thread for a solid Conclusion.

Schnee One said:
People can discuss the removal of the thread as much as they want
I know it allowed; I am making a suggestion for a proper solution if none are reach.

• Argument involving a versus thread to be removed that you don't agree with is allowed. Just be sensible about it.

Assuming the 1 ups stay around, which I honestly think they should, I am legitimately flabbergasted someone would argue that Mario would just die over and over again while having so many options because that's the only way Goku is winning.

Knocking out someone with Mid Regen as an alternative is equally as weird. How did that thread even end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back