• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus General Discussion Thread | New series by ONE

They aren't, Javi is an underling of Jachi and we don't know much about the robot other than he is more advanced than the other ones.

To me this looks like another case of an author giving laser weapons to a character because it sounds futuristic and cool without thinking too much about the implications of a character dodging a laser projectile

We have lasers in OPM and had the scaling with them been accepted 80% of the verse would be FTL, which makes no sense.
Sonic is said to be faster than sound, and they calculated it as massively hypersonic, which wouldn't make sense according to you.
It is also not inconsistent, considering that there are many characters that use lightning as an ability, and those are very weak characters (class A and tiger level mainly)

and the only ones that would be light speed would be the S class, and Flash flash is much faster.

Iirc, there were 47 demon lords and one Supreme demon lord. Was Javi not one of the 47?
no
That's still just speculation, as of now there's no anti feats against it. It just goes to show how insane the bosses are.
Not yet, but it's ridiculous.
Sonic is said to be faster than sound, and they calculated it as massively hypersonic, which wouldn't make sense.
It is also not inconsistent, considering that there are many characters that use lightning as an ability, and those are very weak characters (class A mainly)
Databook statements use flowery language and are written in universe by the Hero Association which hypes up their heroes, they are almost unusable.
Authors usually have no idea when it comes to these things and either end up massively highballing or lowballing with statements like those, most of the times they are discarded.

Databook statements use flowery language and are written in universy by the Hero Association which hypes up their heroes, they are almost unusable.
1.sonic himself was the one who said that he is faster than sound. As I already said, there are many characters that use lightning as a skill, and they are literally less than demon, and the demons are literally those of Light speed scaling.
2.except it's not, it's literally the description of what the characters can do,tatsumaki can bend the entire planet, atomic samurai ''can cut atoms'' flash flash is faster than light, and many others.

1.sonic himself was the one who said that he is faster than sound 2. As I already said, there are many characters that use lightning as a skill, and they are literally less than demon, and the demons are literally those of Light speed scaling.
2.except it's not, it's literally the description of what the characters can do.
Not gonna argue with you Alexander, I've discussed these points before and I don't feel like doing it with you of all people.

So far there aren’t any anti feats for the characters to be SoL yet. Most of the bullet timing feats so far have been quite casual
We just need to see if the lasers follow our light speed criterias

I dont think there will be anti feats. The lasers are stated to be beams, light, and travel straight. Even come from an advance scientific civilization. The intent is there, who's gonna calc the feat?

So far there aren’t any anti feats for the characters to be SoL yet. Most of the bullet timing feats so far have been quite casual
We just need to see if the lasers follow our light speed criterias
The only actual laser I've seen is the one the Advanced Robot uses.

The "lasers" the future soldiers use bounced on the robots like bullets and Kiva just swats them away with his hands

The only actual laser I've seen is the one the Advanced Robot uses.

The "lasers" the future soldiers use bounced on the robots like bullets and Kiva just swats them away with his hands

because the robots adapted, hell are they hard to notice that?literraly in all of the chapter the robots adapt constantly to be able to surpass the things that are able to hurt them or are a hazard for them,if you shot them,they will become stronger the next time,if you turn them off, they will light up faster, if you shoot lightning at them, they will create shields, if you go into berserker mode, they will go into killing mode.

1.where?
2.repeat, robots adapt to dangers in order to overcome them,they literraly say that before that work,but now that does not work
Screenshot_31.png

At least we get some author statements from the twitter account at the end of each chapter, wich will help the verse a lot in the long run. I feel like it's to early to call it lightspeed (specially because it barely fits any criteria other than being called "laser", maybe ONE talks about this later

1. Bouncing off of robots isn't an antifeat as 1, light can bounce off of metal, and 2, they clearly have adapted to the lasers. Plus, lasers never bounced off of the robots.
2. Kiva swatting them also isn't an anti feat because NPI is a thing, and they are described as "light arrows" as well.
Except light doesn't bounce on metal
It literally does.

Back