• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vergil (Devil May Cry) VS. Saber/Okita Souji (Nasuverse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, i dunno if Tuberchulosis will rarely affecting her considering how low/bad her luck/fate manipulation is

Ye i know its not E rank level of badness but still

No, not really. Mostly because the luck stat in Fate is honestly really worthless. It's only used for check rolls in some skills and NPs.

That it? No offense abilities or something?
There is some discussion about the power it grants too, it's a big buff as a fodder wielding the sword was capable of matching Dante and slowly overpowering him, aside from that I don't think there are more abilities? The broken one is Sparda but that is irrelevant here.

If you bring the dmc4 gameplay he can do some energy like attacks with it

Far better feats in general, having fought on par with dozens of servants as strong or as strong as her and being able to cut possibilities with skill alone.

Far better feats in general, having fought on par with dozens of servants as strong or as strong as her and being able to cut possibilities with skill alone.
Having better feats or not in general is very debatable, however i will post here Vergil feats.

1- Vergil knows and is a master on Sparda's Swordmanship and have is own sword and fighting style with Yamato, Force Edge and Beowulf.

2- Scale to anime Dante that easily defeated Baul and Modeu who are Sparda's apprentices and Baul and Baul promised to defeat Sparda.

3- And very likely the most important feat from Vergil: Is capable of fighting Dante who knows Sparda's swordmanship (master), have is own sword and fighting style and use diferent styles and other weapons where Dante is master and Vergil had to adapt on the fly.

The way Vergil fights would be completly ''alien'' to Saber and Vergil did fight and adapt to Dante style which is completly alien and diferent from Sparda's teaching.

???

How is any of that better than Okita? Again, she's far above Izou to a absurd degree, who again, can replicate any technique after just a glance and being superior to most fighters, instantly killing servants of equal to higher power than him. He can even replicate magical techniques by doing them in a physical way (see: him replicating teleportation by stepping in a very specific way). His whole deal is dealing with alien styles, and Okita is above him.

Really, what should be listed for Vergil is that he is above Dante who can instantly learn how to use weapons just by picking them up and just the entirety of DMC3 honestly.

Also unrelated but i forgot Vergil spams energy swords, so he also has range advantage. Vote for him.

You guys are just ignoring that Sparda is stated to be the best swordsman the Underworld has ever seen, and I can't even count how many of them are in DMC and they have thousands of years of experience (Baul and Modeus were alive and already masters in the great war 2000 years ago, for example), Dante didn't had problems with Sparda's Sword Skills, and Vergil can keep up with him, being "comparable to Dante" in Swords is a INSANE feat

Idk if this counts but dmc 2 Dante stated his swordmanship was better than a guy called Chen, an omniscient guy who knew Sparda's fighting style and Yada, Yada, above baul and Modeus who were trained by him and polished their skill during 2k years, Yada, Yada,.

but this is DMC 3 Vergil why would he scale to DMC 2 Dante in skill
besides there's better feats out there for Okita but skill doesn't really decide the debate here

Because he is referring to Vergil, when he made that comment, something along the lines of "his technique isn't like Nelo, it's shallow, etc, etc".

but this is DMC 3 Vergil why would he scale to DMC 2 Dante in skill
besides there's better feats out there for Okita but skill doesn't really decide the debate here
Well in the novel vol 2 Dante compared Chen's skill to Nelo and pretty much to the entire Sparda skill, Chen isnt 100% when comes to skill because he lacked soul.
That Nelo guy is the same Vergil from 3, he didnt get any training from Mundus we know that because Before the nightmare novel making clear what happened to vergil while he was Nelo Angelo.
Thats say alot when comes to skill, lets not forget Sparda have 2000+ of experience fighting all types of demons (which includes demons with melee weapons like swords and sparda is superior to any human fighting style). Anyway, Vergil is more versatile, better AP and one shots with DT + Beowulf (whithout beowulf he stays at 6x diference). I give my vote to vergil.

Before I can conclude that Vergil wins my only concern is the 1 percent chance of winning thing, I need to know if Sakura can either manipulate it so she wins or if she is outright screwed here.

Vergil became Nelo Angelo shortly after 3, didn't trained until the events of 5, yet he can keep up with DMC5 Dante when he revives, I don't think the difference is big

Vergil became Nelo Angelo shortly after 3, didn't trained until the events of 5, yet he can keep up with DMC5 Dante when he revives, I don't think the difference is big
Well i wouldnt say the gap is huge or small, the problem is likely Dante and Vergil already being comparable to sparda and likely above or equal to sparda in 1and Dante at DMC2 outclasses everyone including sparda on every aspect, the series when comes to skill summs into Vergil and Dante being equal nowadays, like there is no challenge, and way to say ''above this line you are a badass'' when Dante and Vergil becomes the line himself and they keep going higher and higher (Since Dante and Vergil are fighting in hell trying to win against eachother). So is does give a illusion of small gap since there is only two guys there and visually we dont see much lol.

It seems Vergil has the advantage. He would win if he can end the fight early due to his regeneration and Yamato being able to ignore durability. But if Okita uses her skill/precog to figure out that Vergil's fighting style is based on a sword the ignores durability, and the fight goes long Okita will just spam teleportation.
Also, blitz/AoE through Judgement Cut is questionable since speed is equalized.

So assuming Sakura has a very small chance she strikes his head and using dura neg to win, will it happen?

She will likey need to use the technique on the neck for easy beheading. Stabbing the torso like she usually does will be shrugged-off by Vergil, and allow him to easily stab her back.
Though it is out of character to immedietly use the technique.

You know, the first range fighter she fought in Redline is Nobu. And she's doing danmaku attack in a really close space, and the only reason her attack is getting hit is because if she move her master gonna get hit. And her EoTM let her avoid a really fatal attack. Just like when she's fighting Izou.

Even so that not easy to do, like Nobu fightstyle is mainly more to ranged attack while she's rarrly do a close combat, here Vergil can just mix-up between long to close combat

So you know what, i'm convinced here that Vergil have more advantage here so voting Vergil FRA and with my little own reasoning above

Im saying that he's range attack is not a problem, and its not like its easy to hit Okita when a danmaku attack is already having a hard time. And she destroy him in CQC just by skill scaling.

You guys are just ignoring that Sparda is stated to be the best swordsman the Underworld has ever seen, and I can't even count how many of them are in DMC and they have thousands of years of experience (Baul and Modeus were alive and already masters in the great war 2000 years ago, for example), Dante didn't had problems with Sparda's Sword Skills, and Vergil can keep up with him, being "comparable to Dante" in Swords is a INSANE feat
This thing basically said Vergil skill is way better so i dunno why Okita skill will destroy him

2000 years is nothing to her though, because Okita is above Emiya a counter guardian who is sent to past present and future to fight of threats.

Time traveling doesn’t exactly give much of a clear time frame... So I don’t think Emiya can match that much Experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back