• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vergil (Devil May Cry) VS. Saber/Okita Souji (Nasuverse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EgT-UugU8AAGPrt.jpg

VERSUS!
1284bf72a39dfcad5ef1f21262fca808.jpg
Conditions:
  • Both Vergil and Okita are in their Low 7-B keys.
  • Both Okita and Vergil are in-character.
  • Speed is equalized.
Voting:

Not in her profile and JCE is a big AoE thing plus he can teleport out of the way plus her precog is to avoid danger not to literally precog the very movements he makes

Not in her profile and JCE is a big AoE thing plus he can teleport out of the way plus her precog is to avoid danger not to literally precog the very movements he makes
"Not in her profile"

That's funny, i remember you making the exact opposite argument when dante didn't have spatial resistance on his profile.

Last edited:
"Not in her profile"

That's funny, i remember you making the exact opposite argument when dante didn't have spatial resistance on his profile
Unlike this, Dante already had a crt literally from one year ago that was never added because "reasons", unless you can pull another thread saying she was going to get resistance then there is no comparison.

Spatial Manipulation is one of the many things covered by servant resistances, and before servant physiology got a page it was literally the main example for every servant page that had magic resistance (before you start on her MR being E-Rank, Even normal mages have magic resistance in the verse, Base servants that DON'T have magic resistance are above that, and the actual MR skill is a step above that to the point of being actual powernull (something that Vergil doesn't even resist in the first place, so Yamato's effects get nullified)

Also, even a B-rank eye of the mind allows the user to turn a 1% chance of victory into a near-surefire win (Yes, even the false version), and Souji has A-Rank. Vergil is never hitting her, even before factoring in the fact that she outskills him by an unfathomable margin.

Last edited:
> Spatial Manipulation is one of the many things covered by servant resistances, and before servant physiology got a page it was literally the main example for every servant page that had magic resistance

Going by the other thread, it doesn't.

> Base servants that DON'T have magic resistance are above that, and the actual MR skill is a step above that to the point of being actual powernull

Can you explain in English for someome who is literally only looking at the site page. How does it work, mechanics behind it, etc.

> Also, even a B-rank eye of the mind allows the user to turn a 1% chance of victory into a near-surefire win (Yes, even the false version), and Souji has A-Rank.

That seems pretty NLF to me, can you explain in detail.

> Vergil is never hitting her, even before factoring in the fact that she outskills him by an unfathomable margin.

What are her feats? To make her untouchable it would be something ridiculous, or it is the "skill beyond human possibility" thing that seems vague af coupled with hax?

"Going by the other thread, it doesn't."

Schnee is just outright wrong, like he is with most things fate-related.

"Can you explain in English for someome who is literally only looking at the site page. How does it work, mechanics behind it, etc."

Okita has several layers of resistance, and at her level it functions as outright power nullification, something that vergil does not resist

"That seems pretty NLF to me, can you explain in detail."

There's really not much to explain. That's literally how it's described.
  • Eye of the Mind (True): The heightened capacity for observation, refined through combat experience. It works as a danger-avoidance ability, that utilizes all of Archer's combat experience to predict his opponent’s actions and change the situation in his favor. Archer's rank in this skill is B, significantly improving his chances of winning due to being able to calmly analyze all possibilities and choose the appropriate course of action, even if his chance of winning is only one percent.
Before you bring it up, Eye of the Mind True and False work the exact same way, the only difference is that one is achieved through training and the other is achieved through natural instinct. And again, Souji's rank is higher than Archer's

"What are her feats? To make her untouchable it would be something ridiculous, or it is the "skill beyond human possibility" thing that seems vague af coupled with hax?"

Read any of the skill threads on the wiki. Note how high Fate is, and now keep in mind that Okita is one of the most skilled characters in the entire verse. If you want more specific feats on how she trashes Vergil here, ask @CrimsonStarFallen and @Paul_Frank

> Schnee is just outright wrong, like he is with most things fate-related.

@Schnee_One @LSirLancelotDuLacl
Those 2 went against your argument, and considering I don't trust you I have no grounds to discard their arguments because you say so.

> Okita has several layers of resistance, and at her level it functions as outright power nullification, something that vergil does not resist

That's resistance to magic then, not power null, achieving the same thing under different methods doesn't mean it is both things.

> eye of the mind

Ahh, you worded it as if she was literally pulling some fate manipulation to win, so she is just fighting in a calm cool headed manner, I don't see what's special about this.

> Read any of the skill threads on the wiki. Note how high Fate is, and now keep in mind that Okita is one of the most skilled characters in the entire verse. If you want more specific feats on how she trashes Vergil here, ask

You are telling me to go to one of the most toxic and cancer inducing threads in this forum/wiki, bro just bring the arguments here.

Inappropriate behavior
"Ahh, you worded it as if she was literally pulling some fate manipulation to win, so she is just fighting in a calm cool headed manner, I don't see what's special about this."

9k.png

I refuse to speak another word on this thread until you do some ******* research on another verse.

Alright, let's see. First off, both of you calm down.

Skill isn't that important here first off. Okita is more skilled yeah (for comparison, she's above Li-Shuwen, who completely trashed around Izou, a guy who can copy any technique he sees just by seeing it, and has some crazy bullshit like fighting Nobu and her danmaku rifles, and winning) but skill is almost never gonna be a decisive factor in matches like this.

Okita has E rank MR yeah, but until the stuff gained from Servants innate magic resistance is added, it won't stop judgement cut since Archer's D rank MR couldn't.

Okita has precog on the level of letting her seize even victories with 1% chance which helps a lot. Teleportation is also nice.

However, she has a ~3x AP disadvantage, and her dura negation attack pierces the chest. Vergil has mid regen. See the problem?

A judgement cut spells death for Okita 90% of the time here. Battle kinda unfair.

On EoTM, EoTM of similar or lower ranks than Okita's also are worded like this

"Being able to see through the weapon and style of his opponent after crossing blades only a few times, the perception of his eyes is the best among Servants". With the person in question being able to perfectly judge the length of an invisible blade, and counter Saber's fighting style after a few brief skirmishes

And

"As this is exactly the same technique used by a certain other swordsman, while she feels some degree of fate at work, she never says it out loud. "The next time I meet that imitation samurai, I'll cut him down," Benienma thought"

As for skill, aside from the stuff Crimson listed, there's also other examples like how she was able to find a slight, practically imperceptible gap in someone's armor, without even looking at them, and slash them while repositioning herself after they stabbed at her, immediately upon her being summoned, among other things

That said, her dura neg attack doesn't have to aim at the chest, she could just stab somewhere else, but its not like she can destroy enough of Vergil fast enough to kill him either way

Maybe I worded it wrong but the point is that the ability is described as something any fighter with experience should do, analyze and learn how your opponent fights and through that you get better chances at the fight, something that, again, every experienced fighter should do and that's why I said I didn't see anything special to it.

Also, if that is what we consider skill then Vergil is more skilled than Dante who can instantly learn how to master any weapons he comes in contact be it human or demonic made, can evade, deflect and stop his own danmaku (Dante as a lot of stuff like that now that I think about it).

And for the records, I was calm through the entire thing, dunno why Zephy always gets like that when he is in a dmc thread.

<Schnee is wrong like he is with most things fate related

*******. Wow.

This is the same person who I have personally reported for repeatedly losing his mind in CRTs to the point of breaking the rules and deleting them after he has gotten debunked, both on Nasuverse and on Final Fantasy

Also the same person who has been so ridiculing if DMC fans and insulting them on multiple threads (Which I have archived) that he not only got himself banned, but still continues to do it despite being warned.

Last edited:
In any case, i don't see how Okita wins this, seeing as she can't really kill Vergil for now, just wait until i give them all soul and info hax in every hit ovo

Now to actually debate, I’m uncertain of Vergil’s Mid will be helpful, his mid regen is basically regenerating from a headshot, his head being decapitated or exploded is a bit much I think

If that's the case then this is actually much more fair, since Okita's flash step works much faster and effectively than most teleports Vergil has delt with, and sharpness not caring for dura as a much means she can get a pretty good kill, specially with her NP.

But that's assuming Okita knows about it before hand, and Vergil won't be static while doing it. That said, A rank EoM means that her precog is even better than Archer, meaning it is, in other words, quite ******* good. Honestly unsure.

Sakura has to fight long enough despite the AP disadvantage, the mid regen, and the versatility gap, her Precog and skill are the only things she has in order to do that, but her making the winning possibility is a massive advantage, so I’m unsure.

also @Tony Servants do actually have spatial resistance, it was on every servant file until it was removed and replaced with servant physiology, spatial resistance is legit.

Oh, nice, I don't know how this goes down then.

I, uhhh, this might get outdated really quick once another crt drops putting his regen at low high even in this key and in base, thanks Itsuno for making Canon the ******* novels :v

So now what? We know the servants resist spatial manipulation so now how this goes down?

Also geez Zephyr you need to calm down or you will be banned for real

Right, yeah. Not really exactly sure how this goes then. I think Okita may win honestly, flash step is just really good teleportation in general and with how naturally blooslustly she is, she probably wouldn't hesitate to go for the head, which is easier to do regardless of the decent AP gap because of penetration/slashing not caring as much about durability as a blunt attack.

The precog kinda carries her here too. Not to say it's a easy fight, Vergil has tons more versality and even if Okita has minor regen any deep cuts are not getting healed, although as long as it's not fatal she can keep going for a while since Servants are tough like that.

Ehh, I lean towards Vergil then, he has a nice teleport ability that can keep him out of reach of Dante (who can teleport all around too), he has a nice AP advantage that only becomes bigger in DT along with some nice ranged options if he deems the CQC ineffective (which I doubt since Dante was stronger than him in their last battle and he kept going) and has fought Dante who is a ball of bs on his own.

Vergil is also naturally brutal and goes for the kill almost immediately as shown when Beowulf tried to confront him only to die the second he stopped talking only taking it somewhat easy on Dante.

Hmm after doing research on Okita profile and servant physiology.

None can hax eachother

Her fate manipulation based on the information given, majority of the time would help against her verse, she doenst have any information about Sparda's swordmanship and how Vergil fights. So it pretty useless here.
Vergil in character his serious and have more versatility (summon swords, beowulf, teleportation, jugdment cut, barriers, devil trigger).

Vergil have better regeneration (Mid), 3x more AP and DT multiplies by 2x his AP and regen.
I will side with Vergil here. And please people use what the character profiles have, if there is something missing just make a ctr.

I dunno man, its really close as heck here

I will learning towards inconclusive here if we can't reach the conclusion who win here

Yeah I have to agree with Vergil FRA, she’s more skilled and resist spatial stuff but not only can Vergil deal with spatial resistance with cutting alone through his fights with Dante, he’s just so much more versatile

Im surprised no one brought up force edge tbh

Bio hax, which Okita has 4-D resistance against sooooooo

Also, Tuberculosis mostly hits after hits, and in-fights it's pretty rare.

No, It's more of a security system that Sparda put in place to prevent someone from stealing it or well, that's what I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back