• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Vegeta blows himself up

God i hate mismatches
Vegeta starts without knowing he has Cancer, he'd need to figure out what is going on and choose to take down Cancer with him. In this senario that doesn't feel likely...

Vegeta starts without knowing he has Cancer, he'd need to figure out what is going on and choose to take down Cancer with him. In this senario that doesn't feel likely...
Then this is a mismatch, so we just put a SENTIENT cancer cell inside vegeta without he even figuring it out and expect him to somehow fight back?...
What is this
Atleast let bulma help him or give him knowledge

I mean, we already have 8 votes for Cancer and dunno if blowing himself up is something he'd do in character.
If he knows that there's a tiny cell-esque dude inside him that's gonna kill him and he has no ways around it, Vegeta would 100% blow himself up just out of spite tbh.

Though that cell argument is interesting and I think you're all misunderstanding what's being said, Cancer functions the way it does because it's not recognized as a foreign body, it's less about Vegeta not having resistance and more Cancer literally doesn't work on entities beyond the original host, a lot of the wacky things it would be capable of normally just wouldn't work, even if Vegeta was just a human, the genetics are too different. The cancer in question would have to be a "Vegeta Cancer" to work normally, not a "random dude's cancer".

If he knows that there's a tiny cell-esque dude inside him that's gonna kill him and he has no ways around it, Vegeta would 100% blow himself up just out of spite tbh.

Though that cell argument is interesting and I think you're all misunderstanding what's being said, Cancer functions the way it does because it's not recognized as a foreign body, it's less about Vegeta not having resistance and more Cancer literally doesn't work on entities beyond the original host, a lot of the wacky things it would be capable of normally just wouldn't work, even if Vegeta was just a human, the genetics are too different. The cancer in question would have to be a "Vegeta Cancer" to work normally, not a "random dude's cancer".
So it'd be a sentient cancer cell from Vegeta?

So it'd be a sentient cancer cell from Vegeta?
No? Because this cancer cell is a specific character. He originates from just some random dude. Vegeta's cells aren't anthropomorphic prototype *******, if you're using Cancer from Cells at Work, he's from a different person entirely.

No? Because this cancer cell is a specific character. He originates from just some random dude. Vegeta's cells aren't anthropomorphic prototype *******, if you're using Cancer from Cells at Work, he's from a different person entirely.
But is Cancer from Cells at Work .-.

We might need to double check CaW's descriptions of Cancer, because I don't recall anything about how Cancer is described there that would imply it would have those limitations in a VS setting as an anthropomorphized cancer cell Vs. A real one.

CaW, to my memory, tends to do rundowns like that, so we'll need to check scans. If so we mismatch, if no Cancer seems to hold massive advantages, if Vegeta is given knowledge he incons, if given bulma she probably stomps.

This MU is a trainwreck

But is Cancer from Cells at Work .-.
thats the whole point is his whole kit wouldnt work in someone other than the originals body as the very proteins itself would poison him being a character doesnt change the fact that biology still works and character or not he is a foreigner cell in vegeta body

Last edited:
Exactly, it's cancer from cells at work.
Not cancer from vegeta who also just so happens to be identical to that one cancer from cells at work.

The Cancer in this match, is a specific character, he originates from cells at work, he's a sentient humanoid cancer with powers, but he also originates from just some random dude that also isn't Vegeta.

We might need to double check CaW's descriptions of Cancer, because I don't recall anything about how Cancer is described there that would imply it would have those limitations in a VS setting as an anthropomorphized cancer cell Vs. A real one.

CaW, to my memory, tends to do rundowns like that, so we'll need to check scans. If so we mismatch, if no Cancer seems to hold massive advantages, if Vegeta is given knowledge he incons, if given bulma she probably stomps.

This MU is a trainwreck
Cancer doesn't have anything on his profile that put these kind of limitations for him in a Vs setting.

Why can't vegeta just power up? The cancer is 10-B. Vegeta's cells are universal. He just needs to power up and cancer dies because it can't tank the force.

But chariot’s point is still logical
Indeed, but the thing is getting more confused now. So, I'm gonna try to put it together.

The Cancer in question is another guy that's inside Vegeta's body. But the Cancer(Character) has haxes that I think he'd be able to use inside Vegeta's body, since it wouldn't depend on Vegeta body response to work, because it's something that Cancer himself seems able to use without relying on body functions. And having in mind that the verse equalization doesn't cover this type of situation, then Vegeta's body wouldn't work the way we see at the show, but I'm not sure, for the moment I'll sit and watch the things. I guess I've broken the Matrix doing this thread, plus I'm now confused.

I feel like the point chariot brought up is just objectively correct, but I also don’t feel comfortable about cancer losing on a technicality like this
Perhaps we could change this to a fun and games thread?

Me neither, but I think it'll be better waiting for another thread mod input here, depending on the input I may change it for fun and games.

Why can't vegeta just power up? The cancer is 10-B. Vegeta's cells are universal. He just needs to power up and cancer dies because it can't tank the force.
Now that I think about it, Vegeta has kinda been in this situation before when he fought Buuhan while fused with Goku. There was a scene where Buu went inside Vegito and attempted to kill him from the inside but Vegito was able to counter it by using his energy to contain Buu. The question is can Vegeta contain something as small as a cell

Now that I think about it, Vegeta has kinda been in this situation before when he fought Buuhan while fused with Goku. There was a scene where Buu went inside Vegito and attempted to kill him from the inside but Vegito was able to counter it by using his energy to contain Buu. The question is can Vegeta contain something as small as a cell
Nice point, Ace

Nice point, Ace
Wait I just did some research, apparently, the scene of Buu going inside Vegito is only exclusive to the anime and doesn’t happen in the manga, the latter of which is the main source of information for most Dragon Ball profiles on this wiki, unless Cancer is fighting GT Vegeta, the argument I made earlier is completely invalid

Last edited:
Wait I just did some research, apparently the scene of Buu going inside Vegito is only exclusive to the anime and doesn’t happen in the manga, the latter of which is the main source of information for most Dragon Ball profiles on this wiki, unless Cancer was fighting GT Vegeta, the argument I made earlier is completely invalid
Bruh, this kind of thing is really frustrating

Do we assume Cancer is a mutation born from vegeta's cells or is it like... some other dude's cancer inside vegeta?

Do we assume Cancer is a mutation born from vegeta's cells or is it like... some other dude's cancer inside vegeta?
It'd be some other dude's, as the Cancer in question is a specific character.

Then his immune system would tear it apart almost instantly. Pretty sure it would be nowhere near capable of avoiding a foreign immune system

Unless we assume he starts with like Stage 3 cancer and then dies of Systemic inflammatory response syndrome or something.

Unless we assume he starts with like Stage 3 cancer and then dies of Systemic inflammatory response syndrome or something.
Yeah don't really think that's how it works.
Tbh I don't know if we're even allowed to have a character start inside the other character, especially if they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Battles rules say "The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is", key word being away. Like, in theory you could probably set the range to some micrometers or something to compensate for the cell but starting him inside his foe? It'd be like starting Goku's fist inside a enemy's head at the start of the match.

Then it's literally set up to him to lose. At best vegeta could target and destroy the cancer but that would require to remove his organs since it's stage 3. And it's fatal to instant death depending on the cancer site.

Simple, this match is unfair/is not respecting the rules/is dumb and is bringing me flashbacks of Cancer vs raphtalia like "Vegeta power ups" = "Raphtalia travels in time to kill cancer"

If cancer starts as a single foreign cell then it's pretty much impossible for it to kill any human in this site. Cancer is deadly because it has many ways to ignore immune response in it's host's body, if you injected some other guy's cancer cell inside someone it would immediately trigger response and get killed almost instantly. Only way it could win in a foreign body situation is if it starts with a huge cell stock and that person dies due to their own immune system going berserk and damaging their bodies.

Goku got ****** by a random heart disease so we have proof that diseases can affect saiyans. If Vegeta got cancer in him, it'd be a tough battle. I think he could overcome after like a year though.
The problem is that he can't seek help as that would count as external help, he is literally jut sitting there while his cells try to figth cancer. Btw he only moves at snail speed so he may just die by dehidration

The problem is that he can't seek help as that would count as external help, he is literally jut sitting there while his cells try to figth cancer. Btw he only moves at snail speed so he may just die by dehidration
Btw are you voting for Cancer? I think I'll vote now, so I just wanted to make sure all votes for Cancer will be there.

I think Vegeta alone would not be able to beat Cancer, if he had prior knowledge he would certainly take it, but since it's a 1v1 where he'll sit and wait for his death(which would take a good time since his cells would fight against Cancer, but Cancer managed to deal with immune cells with no major problems) or blow himself up, I vote for Cancer.

Cancer FRA

Goku got ****** by a random heart disease so we have proof that diseases can affect saiyans. If Vegeta got cancer in him, it'd be a tough battle. I think he could overcome after like a year though.

you must be some kind of army general with all these generalizations

I think Vegeta will feel sick and just eat a senzu bean. Since cancers destroy the body tissue, maybe healing it will fix it.

so Vegeta FRA

Back