• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vader vs Revan

<He how

Ok

Regardless, both have a massive set of skill feats and are literally equals in a AP, I almost want to say Revan because unlike Vader he's a master of dual wielding fighting styles but considering this is Vader I highly doubt he's not expirience against it.

He fought Ventress, the best dual wielder of her era (besides Palpatine and probably Yoda).

Not voting yet though, this is pretty hard for me.

vader tbh. except intellect and maybe control of the force, he is literally above revan in and any other criteria. he is also most likely much stronger, and possibly much more versatile.

What the hell is stopping Revan from stomping ?

Revan has far superior pre-cog to the Echani, beings capable of seeing their opponents moves minutes ahead "I always felt Revan was an incredible tactician, and the Echani were awed by his precog[nition] and natural skill with tactics." -Chris Avellone, lead writer of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords

Has greater command in the Force than anyone Meetra has seen, which would include Nihilus, a being who could absorb planets and suns, and threatened to consume the entire SW galaxy(which is actually a universe lowballing). This is Revan during the MW btw, so his weakest incarnation.

It was easy to understand how Scourge could be drawn to him; Revan's command of the Force was greater than that of anyone else [Meetra Surik] had ever met. -Star Wars The Old Republic - Revan

control of the force just means skill with it, nothing else. vader has that in the bag (the guy is better than dooku for one, who was a true master with the force, behind only to yoda, talzin, and sidious by the time he was alive. vader got better, and good enough that movements arent even need to use the force for im now.

Vader wins over Revan.

I would be using an excerpt from the novel The Old Republic: Revan

The Emperor rose to his feet, his robes smoking and singed where the lighting had struck him. His black eyes flashed red, and he raised both hands high above his head.​

Revan knew he was gathering his power to unleash a swirling storm of pure dark side energy, just as Nyriss had done. The Jedi quickly calculated his options. Realizing he couldn't close the gap between them quickly enough to stop the assault, he gathered his own energy and spread his hands before him, ready to catch and absorb the Emperor's attack.​

A dozen bolts of purple lightning arced from the Emperor toward him. Revan tried to draw them in and contain them, but the Emperor was infinitely more powerful than Darth Nyriss had ever been.​

Revan's body was engulfed in agony as the electricity coursed through his body. His skin began to boil and blister, the flesh of his face melting and sticking to the superheated metal of his mask as the Emperor poured more and more power into him.​

Through the haze of indescribable pain, he saw T3-M4 rushing in to help him. The droid let loose with his flamethrower, bathing the Emperor in fire. At the last instant the Emperor cocooned himself in the Force to save himself from being incinerated, breaking his focus on Revan.​

The Jedi collapsed to the ground, burned but still alive, the hilt of his extinguished lightsaber lying on the floor less than a meter beyond his grasp.​

Almost too weak to move, Revan managed to raise his head just in time to see the Emperor turn on the brave little astromech. A tremor rippled through the air as the Emperor unleashed the full power of the Force against the defenseless droid.​

T3 never stood a chance. The little droid exploded into a million pieces, internal circuits and external casing obliterated in a single instant.​

"No!" Revan screamed from the ground as bits of his friend rained down on him in the form of unrecognizable shrapnel.​

He tried to rise, but his injured body refused to respond. Instinctively, he called on the Force to give him strength and heal his wounds.​

The Emperor was approaching him with calm, purposeful steps. Once he reached Revan's side he calmly bent down and picked up the Jedi's fallen weapon, igniting the blade.​

The healing properties of the Force were powerful, but Revan's wounds were severe and he needed more time to restore his strength. Helpless, he could only stare up at the Emperor as he raised the lightsaber to deliver the killing blow.​

* * *​

Even as she called to Scourge to help, Meetra was already sprinting toward the far end of the throne room. Scourge hesitated before joining her, taking a moment to survey the situation, memories of his vision of their failure still fresh in his mind.​

What he saw was not good. Revan was being electrocuted, his body spasming uncontrollably as the Emperor blasted him with dark purple lightning.​

Revan's astromech launched a jet of flame at the Emperor, freeing Revan, who collapsed to the ground. In retaliation, the Emperor disintegrated the offending droid, strode over to where Revan lay, and picked the vanquished Jedi's lightsaber up off the floor.​

It all happened in the space of only a few seconds. Meetra was moving fast, but she was too far away to stop the Emperor from eviscerating the prone Jedi at his feet.​

I've highlighted the relevant parts. Unpacking the first layer of Vader's eminence, we can make a comparison of durability:

• "In the space of only a few seconds," Revan begins "spasming uncontrollably" and "collapse to the ground" under the Sith Emperor's assault. In contrast, Vader literally walks through the Galactic Emperor's barrage for close to ten seconds never breaking stride, as seen from the movie (link).

• Revan "gathered his own energy and spread his hands before him, ready to catch and absorb" as well as "draw in and contain" the Sith Emperor's lightning yet the result was the same. Vader "focused solely and sightlessly on his will" "to defeat the evil embodied in the Emperor" while "ignoring" everything else, meaning that he was focusing all his energy into killing the Emperor rather than defending from his attack with a proper Force defense unlike Revan, which is made all the more clear by their brachial positions: Revan's being an overt sign of tutaminsis while Vader's being bereft of any defensive gestures, indicating the only Force shield he did have was likely an instinctive, subconscious one, much weaker than an active barrier.
    • Revan's skin "began to boil and blister, the flesh of his face melting" as soon as the lightning got through his defenses. Vader, while mortally wounded as per many sources, nonetheless didn't look all that different from any of his other appearances without his helmet, indicating his wounds were less severe than Revan's despite the Emperor's lightning tearing all over his body "into his heart" and "penetrated his life-support and electrified Anakin's organic remains" according to The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader meaning that his lesser, subconscious Force barrier is stronger than Revan at his most stalwart.
    • The Sith Emperor continued to "pour more and more power" into his lightning even after Revan's skin "began to boil and blister," insinuating that the Sith Emperor wasn't even at full strength when Revan fell under his might, as one obviously cannot add to something that is already at its zenith; the only way to do that would be under the conditions that the Sith Emperor wasn't giving it his all in the initial clash. Vader on the other hand experienced "the full force of his Dark Master's evil lightning" (link) whereas there is no indication whatsoever that the Sith Emperor went all-out on Revan.

It shall be noted that this version of Revan is more powerful than Jedi Civil War Revan.

This means, that Vader destroys Revan

You proved absolutely nothing,Revan stills claps. Also Lorenzo, control of the Force is a broad term, so it carries various parts to it like skill, raw power ,unique abilities etc.

SoloBando said:
You proved absolutely nothing,Revan stills claps. Also Lorenzo, control of the Force is a broad term, so it carries various parts to it like skill, raw power ,unique abilities etc.
Neither is clapping. This fight would be hard either way.

Prove how it's hard fought, like you guys just say baseless statements. Because based what I just showed, Revan is clapping

well, ap goes to vader via scaling, speed goes to vader, strength goes to vader, skill with the force and pretty much everything else goes to vader, experience goes to vader, hax also goes to vader, the only thing that revan takes is intelligence and even then, its only on a stratigical sense

ok, im back. if ur asking about the speed, vader scales higher than dooku more or less, who could fight yoda (he was losing, but not even close to badly, so while dooku is slower, he still scales), and yoda is faster than sidious (when he uses the double speed ammo thingy), who could kill 3 really strong council members (whom all are stronger than the usual council member, even back in the old republic) in like, 10 seconds, one of them being kit fisto, who is right behind obi wan in speed. this puts vader's speeds as fast enough to blitz them as well, albeit with more effort than sidious. he should also be as fast or possibly even faster than anakin who could fight so fast that even dooku had trouble following his moves. the same dooku who fought yoda. and vader is by no means slow. he is bulky and stiff because he is half metal, which doesnt bend very well as im sure u know. another thing i might add is that he could semi blitz roan shryne (once i think) who is regarded to be as strong as qui gon, whom not even mall could blitz. and vader is faster than maul as well btw. u might wanna bring up that comic where in they fight, but then again, we are using rotj vader here, whom by statements, grew significantly in power

yes, but i dont have a mike, so while i can listen, i cant talk back. what time is it where ur at? im in the us, and its 11:16, and i have to wake up at 650 tomorrow. can we do this tomorrow? my name is chaka zulu on discord. leave me a dm, and ill see u at like, 4 something (my time) tomorrow

Actually, what feats does Vader have that show he can even contend with Revan ? He gotten oneshotted by Sidious plenty of times, so if you try and argue he's "80 % of Sidious" it would just imply a 20% difference in power in SW is enough to oneshot

no feats whatsoever if thats what ur asking. he quite literally only has two good (really good) feats throughout the show that i can name- stomping dooku while being the zone aka his most powerful (there were small circumstances, but stomp nonetheless) and tanking sidious' lighting (this was rotj sidious who is stronger than rots sidious, who is nigh stronger than yoda). well, another one he does have is stomping cade skywalker as a force ghost, which is kinda weird to look at lmao. and plenty of times means early on in his suited career i presume, where he was weak, new to the suit, and still had the huge lighting based weakness? and even then, vader at his prime is so much stronger than the vader that stomped dooku that its weird. hell, base anakin was already dooku's equal, the guy who is an equal of mace windu, who got stronger with the dark side, who then got even stronger after a new hope, who got stronger in the empire strikes back, who got stronger in the return of the jedi.

Back