• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vader vs Revan

Vader, at the hight of his power, has been matched and defeated by RotJ Luke Skywalker. A man with next to zero formal training and next to zero combat expierience, who spent majority of the fight trying to talk Vader down.

Revan cut his way through an army of Sith warriors (confirmed to be "expert swordsmen and masters of Force related combat") and elite Sith troopers, repeatedly defeated Bastila Shan (while holding back) and then fought his way through an "infnite army" of Star Forge battle droids. And that even before engaging and beating (repeatedly) Darth Malak, one of the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history. All of this on Star Forge, a powerful Dark Side Nexus which amplified his enemies while weakening him.

Yeah, Revan wins. Handily.

u do know that luke trained only to kill vader right? his one mission was to do that. he not only copied vader's fighting style, which is the best lightsaber style out there, but he also fused it with a style made by obiwan to defeat vader's style. now, if u take into account the fact that vader didnt want to kill him at all, was conflicted, meaning he wasnt amped by the dark side, that sidious was making luke stronger than normal whenever luke used the dark side himself, and that the whole fight was literally a light saber fight only, im quite sure whatever u said means nothing. oh, and btw any of vader's apprentices can copy what revan did above, and even better. a noob galen marek was fighting a one of the most skilled and smartest council members in the verse while on a light side nexus and still won. he then gets even stronger, and gets his ass whooped by vader a good bit until he decides to go all out and pull a kamikaze. he then gets cloned- his clone is stornger than before btw- and vader still whoops his ass a bit, until he decides to go for the kill. and even then, its assumed that vader was holding back the whole time. so yeah, vader wins 100%

Are you suggesting that Vader is unable to recognize his own style and modify his approach accordingly? Ok.

Having "the best lighsaber style out there" means nothing, since after Obi-Wan's death there are no noteworthy oponnents for Vader to engage.

Yes, Vader did want to kill him. Both Return of the Jedi comics and novelization agree on that. And if someone was holding back, it was Luke. It's blatantly showed in the film when he disengages on several occasions and tries to talk Vader down.

Vader and Luke have been stated to be equals (in both Force and sabers) in numerous sources, regardless of any external amplifiers.

Felucia is not even a nexus. It was described as "a world finely balanced between the light and dark sides of the Force", with Shaak-Ti's presence shifting the balance towards the light. Hell, Galen himself claims that "the dark side was strong on Felucia", while practically standing next to Shaak-Ti.

Lol, good luck convincing anyone that the primitive Felucians and Shaak-Ti > veteran Sith warriors, Bastila Shan and Darth Malak. Let's also forget that (aside from being stomped twice by Grevious) Shaak-Ti is practically featless. Btw. Galen outright contributed his victory over Shaak-Ti to luck.

I recommend you to reread The Force Unleashed. Galen beat Vader, fair and square. Reread The Force Unleashed 2 as well. Starkiller would've ended the fight very quickly, if not for the sudden Force Vision distracting him.

Revan wins 100%.

Btw. saying stuff like "im quite sure whatever u said means nothing" does not really help your case. It only makes you sound like an asshole.

(sorry it took me so long, just got my computer back)...

yes, i am, since thats what his style is supposed to be about- he made it to be uncounterable to other styles, hence why obi wan had to make a new one, and why he had trouble with his own style.

i meant best style as in, out of all the styles ever, his own unique one is literally the best one aside from vaapad, which is mostly good because of hax. vader's style is a force user's killing style. it doenst have the hax that vaapad has, but it does have the best of all other styles added into it, which vaapad does not.

no, vader was trying to beat him, and only said he would consider killing him, if luke tried to do the same, which he kinda did when he got mad, which was literally the only time he gained the upper hand on vader (he had to get a huge ass amp to even best vader who was holding back, not using the force, and conflicted aka not using the dark side- thats what luke was equal to). both werent trying to kill the other, but luke blatantly tried to do so when he got mad. he just stopped cuz, well, he came back to his senses.

other numerus soruces say that vader was never going to kill him, that he was holding back, that he was the second strongest in the galaxy (which means above luke skywalker, and above the people that luke later fought, aside from those in the legacy era). i can show u them, btw. and believe me, they are plenty, just as u said. this is probably the most contradicting thing i have ever seen. i would have taken luke's side tbh, just like u, if it werent for the fact that by feats themselves, vader never had to use the force and that vader was said to be a palpatine killer lvl being by sheev himself in the jedi vs sith guide, while luke was merelly a growing threat by that point.

i know its not. but the place she was at was still a light side nexus. bro, rooms can nexuses if need be. things can also be nexuses. she forced the light side on the planet itself, making her spot a ligth side nexus, which weakened him, and made her stronger.

i dont need to convince anybody. she was more skilled than any of the people u mentioend above (in both force and sabers), one of the best in the order by statements, and even then, what good feats do either of them have when not amped themsevles? and btw, u kinda just reminded me of something- amped shak ti< galen< pissed off galen< starkiller< pissed off starkiller< prime vader, while revan was barely above amped malak, who he himself had no good feats previously.

i go by the game primarely, so idk much about the novels; and even then galen was amped by his rage when he fought vader as an equal, since before that he was being ragdolled to an extent. after that, he was said to be in a state of oneness- not even sidious could overpower him, and that sidious is stornger than the sidious that fought yoda, who is still the storngest light side being to ever live at the time, including light side revan at his prime (stornger than the revan being used here). then, galen's clone gets even stronger than that, fights vader again, and if im not mistaken, galen not only uses help from those rods to power his attacks to fight vader, but also one of the novels themsevles even say that vader is too strong for u, galen marek, to fight him (could be an in-game thing tho). last but not least, the game creaters for tfu 2 said that in the 3rd game, which never came out, u learn that vader was holding back, and testing thep player/starkiller the whole time.

Why has this not been closed yet ? Revan destroys any version of Vader(besides Portal Vader, and certain arguments for Vader).

any of version of vader? even presuit, dark side vader? the one that is second only to yoda and sidious at that point in time in the whole galaxy? the same one who is equal to suited vader right before ANH, who is weaker than ANH vader, who is weaker than ESB vader, who is weaker than ROTJ vader? thats who revan is stomping? the guy that at his prime was considered a supreme user of the dark side, learned almost everything that palpatine knew about the force, the same vader who is prolly the best duelist in the verse bar yoda in his prime and luke and his prime? the one who can survive with no arms or legs, without being able to breathe and having no vision, hearing, and sense of touch for at least minutes? the same vader stronger than a guy who semi stomped count dooku, an equal of mace windu, but above him in almost all relevant manners? like, u mean that vader right?

What are you going on about ? Vader never reached Mustafar Anakin levels until ROTJ lmao, what a baseless assertion.

Revan slaughters Vader, he has greater mastery of the Force.

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." -Kreia, KOTOR 2

"But this young one, like the other Jedi brethren, is unaware of the tremendous dark side power wielded by Revan and the terrible secrets of Malachor V. Revan's power continues to grow, and he secretly strengthens his stronghold." -Chronicles of the Old Republic

"Revan is a powerful Force user who draws on both the light and dark side of the Force . . . I always felt that Revan was special because he learned to balance and call on both the light and dark sides of the Force." -Drew Karpyshyn SWTOR Revan

Better Precognition than a race KNOWN for it, even beating their most powerful warrior

"I always felt Revan was an inpcredible tactician, and the Echani were awed by his precog[nition] and natural skill with tactics." -Chris Avellone KOTOR 2 - The Sith Lords

Spoken of in the same light as Caedus and Sidious

"The Star Wars universe has created some truly vile dark side villains. Have you ever wondered what would happen if the most powerful Sith Lords (Darth Sidious, Darth Caedus, and Darth Revan) duked it out for supremacy of the galaxy?" -Wizards of the Coast - Sith Showdown

Surpassed himself as a Sith, and became even more powerful

"You are stronger than I thought; stronger than you ever were during your reign as the Dark Lord. I did not think that was possible." -Darth Malak, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

This is the bare minimum

ill guess ill counter what i can for now-

nope. vade was stronger than prime anakin before even a new hope started. ill find the quote for it if need be. i found some- there is one in "beware the sith", one in "jedi battles", one in "life and legend of obi wan kenobi", one in the ANH novel, heck he has one as early as "dark lord: the rise of darth vader" lol which is a few years max after rots.

revan wishes he had as much skill with it as vader did. vader could kill people across the galaxy without knowing where they were, what they looked like, and without moving lmao and what revan knew was a technique, not ur normal precognition. he is just strong enough to take its power that far. for one, cronal, could literally see future he wanted, which makes revan look like shit lol cronal is literally the only guy above vader in control of course in the whole empire btw. and the statements above are simply hype statements. meetra has some of those, dooku has them, little kid anakin has one, obi wan has one- they mean nothing in this case.

nice. i dont think i need to menetion that this is not even prime revan, who would still get soundly beaten by even phantom menace sidious, right? not to mention rots sidious who is even stronger, and rotj, who has even more, and then dark empire, who is leagues above him as well. and caedus doesnt have the feats to be among the most powerful sith. he got stomped by a luke as strong as dark empire sidious like he was nothing. plus, that list is opnion based, not facts. the top 3 strongest sith are darth krayt, darth sidious and a change between prime vader, prime revan, and prime vitiate.

wow surpassed himself as a sith. that makes him what, stronger than his old version, who has no good feats to compare him to vader here? nice. plus, even if i am wrong, rotj vader being stronger than prime anakin already makes him stronger than revan regardless lmao

yeah, that is the bare minimum alright.

The Wright Way said:
Hey, if we could not resort to thrwing insults at each other, that'd be great.
If his arguments are so bad, then counter them.
thank u young man. may the 7 gods help u on ur travels

Revan is winning this fight. Unlike Darth Vader, he managed to reach the rank of Jedi Master and knows far more about the Force then Sidious let Darth Vader learn. In fact the Jedi High Council told him he couldn't train Jedi to use positive emotions which fostered a stronger light side connection. Revan is a user of both Light and Dark while Vader only went back to the Light when he was dying. It's no understatement to say Revan was the Anakin Skywalker of his time.

Back