• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Usopp vs Lady Nagant (9/11/2)

I don't even think Usopp's haki works as precog. It only allowed him to sense presense. Deku's Danger Sense is literal precog in every sense of the word. Nagant FRA. Though this seems like a stomp since Usopp gets blitzed by Nagant's bullets..
All base Haki works the exact same. Usopp's Haki works as precog

Deku's danger sense is pseudo-precog, it only allows him to sense danger. Similarly, you could compare it with Spiderman. Also, shouldn't Usopp be capable of dodging the bullets, he managed to dodge Enel's thunder (Enel is naturally faster than him). His natural cowardice of not wanting to be hurt always gave him in-character way better reaction speed than most Straw hats, it should be comparable to Nami's, who dodged her own Thunderbolt tempo.

Usopp is a pirate from the new world, they face people with literal precog far stronger than danger sense on a daily basis, especially Usopp before he entered the new world, sniped skilled assassins from the World government from a distance that was considered entirely impossible and he was undetected for a while, even Robin, Zoro and Sanji didn't know at first that someone is snipping the person who were assigned to execute her.
Deku having pseudo precognition is better than what Usopp has going for him. Deku’s Danger Sense alerts him to danger before it has happened, or at a point in time that he can react to it before it has even reached him. I don’t know what about that is considered bad to you, but Precognition is Precognition. And Nagant blitzed him right through it several times.

What do reactions matter when, with speed equal, she is blitzing him with her bullets? And he has no way of avoiding her curved shots? If she shoots at him, he is getting hit unless he somehow instantly realizes everything she has in her Arsenal, which he doesn’t because neither have knowledge, and it wouldn’t help him either way. He cannot react to her bullets in speed equal.

Give me examples of people with good precognition that Usopp has sniped completely unaided from hundreds of meters away. Mentioning those CP9 rejects like they could do anything in the New World when Usopp fought them is insulting.

His Haki doesn't necessarily need to help him. Since Usopp has dodged things far faster than himself, it's not an exaggeration, because amongst the strawhats Usopp and Nami always felt the weakest because they are in fact still "Humans" by One piece standards. However, we all shouldn't sleep on his durability and endurance feats, he took a 10ton bat straight to the head and survived multiple explosions from Mr.5 and Mr.4 , considering that they are easily stronger than him Usopp survived all that.

If the Ap isn't 1.5x difference, then it is not a stomp nor would Usopp be defeated with just one shot, the 10ton bat is also not an exaggeration either, we saw a "Human" - Zoro who was completely covered with blood and lifted a building as if it weighed nothing. His Observation haki enables him to come up with strategies and spamming his plants such as:
  • Secret Attack, Green Star: Impact Wolf: Ussop fires a seed that quickly grows into the shape of a large wolf. The bulb on its nose releases a stunningly powerful shockwave.
  • Hissatsu Bakusui-Boshi: Emits a large cloud of powerful sleeping gas. (She doesn't resist sleep hax)
  • Midori Boshi: Bamboo Javelin: Usopp fires a large number of fast growing bamboo seeds. The bamboo shoots up out of the ground and injures the enemy. He can use them to defend himself)
Also Usopp can hinder her sight via his Smoke Star, even if she shoot her accuracy will be decreased and Usopp's observation haki allows him to see through the smoke.
I would love to see Usopp CONSISTENTLY dodging attacks from characters faster than himself unless you’re talking about gag scenes. I’d also like to see how many of those characters could actually blitz Usopp, yet he still managed to dodge several of their attacks from different angles. If he just has a single instance of dodging Enel’s lightning, I’m completely ignoring the point.

The AP difference is that Nagant one shots 3.9 ton characters while Usopp is 5.48. Meaning she would pierce through his skin with her bullets with ease. Because her AP isn’t blunt force, it’s piercing bullets, which I imagine Usopp doesn’t exactly have a resistance to.

I don’t understand what you’re attempting to say by just listing a bunch of fodder feats for Usopp to prove he “isn’t a normal human” when we’re all operating under that knowledge already. It just doesn’t matter, because the character he’s fighting, in the conditions he’s fighting her, doesn’t care for any of his feats. She one taps him if she gets a good shot in, and he has no way of predicting when or where from she is going to shoot, unless he has the feats to back him up.

None of those attacks matter if she can avoid them, which she can with ease because she can fly and has a higher range than him. If she flys upwards to a decent enough range, Usopp can’t even hit her with any of his attacks before she immediately reacts and shoots him 4 times before the projectile even reaches her. The smoke star has been addressed several times already, it does not help fast enough. Unless Usopp immediately starts with it, something he wouldn’t do against someone whose abilities he literally has no idea about, then he will start with trying to actually hit her, which results in him getting return fired and killed.

You are completely missing the point, Usopp wasn't physically stronger than them, nor could he beat them 1 vs 1, we are basically talking about Alabasta Usopp who was more or less a literal human by One piece standards, so i don't know what this point supposed to imply?

I asked you a question how does she counter sleep hax, it's not even solid, it's literal gas meant to immobilize those who breath it, her analytical prediction is good and all, but she's not omniscient and usopp managed to outwit people with precog before, regarding deku's precog it only allows him to sense danger and not give him a brief glimpse into the future, sensing emotions, have larger range and can also sense danger (Not all Precog are OP btw, their common weakness is if the said person is faster than them).

You do remember what i said before, his impact wolf will block all the damage and direct it back to her, it also can walk towards his enemies. Also who says usopp doesn't have ways to block rapid fire beside impact wolf? you are claiming her bullets can pass through everything, how does it react to fire and other weapons Usopp easily get access to it? Flying is good and all, but i'll have you know that Usopp accurately sniped Buffalo and Baby 5, as well as managed to caught Ceaser from far away. Usopp 2 years training consists of hunting animals, including flying animals as well, so it's nothing new to him.

Thanks for clearing this up. However, Usopp will dodge before she could shoot him, similarly how he dodged Enel's lightning and other things (Cowardice dodge), not claiming he will come out unscathed, but he will immediately realize something is off with the bullets, Usopp has various ways of protecting himself (You are essentially saying that Usopp will just stand there and do nothing after being shot once), furthermore once he uses his sleep hax, amplifying her strength and speed is irrelevant.

Ah, i see my bad. But you also need to keep in mind that Observation haki enables him to dodge things unconsciously or gives him a brief glimpse into the future at the weirdest times, something that happened to Zoro and Luffy.
She counters sleep hax by not being in it? He has to shoot the projectile at her and then it explodes into gas. If she shoots the projectile early or uses her gun to propel herself away, she escapes the gas. Who, with actually decent Precognition, has Usopp managed to beat? And why does it matter when Nagant doesn’t have precog, just pure skill? No one is claiming she’s omniscient, but you’d be remiss to not realize the ridiculous advantage she is holding in this fight. Her analysis alone lets her land shots on Usopp that make his 1 kilometer feat look like a joke.

How does Impact wolf block the shots that curve around Dressrosa’s buildings to hit him when she can’t even see him? How does Impact Wolf block the shots that she pre-fired 6 seconds ago to hit where she predicted he was going to be in 6 seconds with perfect accuracy? Impact wolf isn’t doing anything to Nagant especially if it has to actually reach her to do any damage, and it certainly isn’t blocking any shots that Nagant intends to have actually kill Usopp. She doesn’t fire in straight lines, she curves her bullets around to hit from any angle, and can rapid fire THOSE bullets. So she’d curve every bullet she has around Impact wolf and hit Usopp anyway.

I have a hard time believing that Usopp’s current experience with flying enemies has prepared him for the long range god-sniper that is hitting him no matter where he is while seeing his moves 3 steps ahead of him while rapid firing piercing rounds that curve to hit him from behind to the side and in front at the same time while being faster than him.

So the coward scenes of him dodging are supposed to be indicative that he can avoid attacks from characters faster than he is? Is that even a consistent thing? That’s like saying he should’ve been able to dodge Kuma yeeting him, or that he should’ve been untouched throughout the entirety of the New World. Why could anyone he faced land hits on him after his encounter with Enel if he can react to people faster than him? Has everyone Usopp fought since then just been faster than Enel? Is there a reason you’re claiming he can react to people faster than him than just attributing him dodging Enel to any other factor?

I’m not saying he’s going to stand still. I am saying he gets blitzed and out skilled. He has no method of reaching Nagant before she can reach him, and his best options for counter attacking are countered by her mobility. Shooting plants or hax at her doesn’t help when she can dodge out of the way by propelling her self and trying to block her shots doesn’t work because her shots will just curve around whatever shield he is trying to use. This is also dependent on Usopp even getting the chance to do such things since he, again, is not as fast as her bullets. If she rapid fires 3-8 curving bullets at him and he has no way of dodging them AFTER they begin curving, he will die.

All base Haki works the exact same. Usopp's Haki works as precog
Usopp has this tier of Haki:
  • Inept Haki Users: Haki users in this class have the ability to activate Observation Haki, but with little to no control. They can infrequently sense the presence of others, see brief premonitions of the future with immense focus and desperation, but otherwise can not effectively utilize or disable the ability.
    • Examples include Luffy as of Marineford, Usopp as of Dressrosa, and Koby Pre-Timeskip.
If the claim is that Deku’s precog is worse than this, than I am calling into question the logical basis behind anyone backing Usopp. Infrequent, uncontrollable glimpses of the future that only operate when thinking really hard about performing them? Non-permanent presence sensing? “Otherwise cannot effectively utilize or disable this ability”?

So now we’re essentially trying to say Usopp lucks with a bunch of Haki moments to move faster than blitz tier projectiles, not because it’s consistent, but because he can possibly do it sometimes. That AT BEST let’s him know of a bullet once or twice, and that’s being horrendously generous. Is this tier of Haki even defensive? Would he even get a glimpse of Nagant’s bullets?

That’s what is separating this strange precognition tier list some people have set up in their head. Can Usopp reliably use his observation Haki several times in a fight in a defensive manner to not die? If so, point me to examples that prove he can. Deku’s precognition works as it is intended to work, which makes it better than what Usopp have. It is a purely defensive precognition, but it is always active and gives him precise enough details. If Usopp is operating with his Haki only by concentrating hard, then I don’t see how it plays any factor in this fight outside of luck.

If she can hit Deku through his defense oriented precognition, then why would she not be able to hit Usopp through his infrequent Haki that might not even be defensive enough to help him here?

Oh jesus christ.... that's a really long paragraphs. Alright, i'm gonna respond to them later, because i am currently busy

To cut short:

Usopp’s version of Haki sucks and is infrequent and will not help him unless we give plot armor to him for this fight.

Nagant’s bullets ignore attempts at blocking like Impact Wolf because they curve around buildings to hit targets she predicted would move several seconds ago. She would just pre fire bullets while also shooting actual bullets and hit him anyway.

Her bullets are not punches, they pierce, so Usopp is not tanking any of them without a hole going through him, which means he has to be insanely blessed to dodge literally any of them aimed at vital areas.

Usopp having a single instance of dodging a fast attack, or any other gag scenes of him dodging people he shouldn’t, don’t matter unless it’s actually consistent that he dodges people that can blitz him normally.

Sleep and any other projectile doesn’t matter if she shoots them out of the air early or propels herself away. His attacks have to actually reach her and they’re both hundreds of meters away from each other, except her attacks are way faster than his.

Stop downplaying Deku’s precognition, it is designed to be purely defensive and is better at being defensive than any feat Usopp has of his Haki to my knowledge and is definitely more consistent and difficult to deal with.

"Luffy of Marineford" ok now, I could've sworn that got axed.
Usopp has this tier of Haki:
  • Inept Haki Users: Haki users in this class have the ability to activate Observation Haki, but with little to no control. They can infrequently sense the presence of others, see brief premonitions of the future with immense focus and desperation, but otherwise can not effectively utilize or disable the ability.
    • Examples include Luffy as of Marineford, Usopp as of Dressrosa, and Koby Pre-Timeskip.
If the claim is that Deku’s precog is worse than this, than I am calling into question the logical basis behind anyone backing Usopp. Infrequent, uncontrollable glimpses of the future that only operate when thinking really hard about performing them? Non-permanent presence sensing? “Otherwise cannot effectively utilize or disable this ability”?

So now we’re essentially trying to say Usopp lucks with a bunch of Haki moments to move faster than blitz tier projectiles, not because it’s consistent, but because he can possibly do it sometimes. That AT BEST let’s him know of a bullet once or twice, and that’s being horrendously generous. Is this tier of Haki even defensive? Would he even get a glimpse of Nagant’s bullets?

That’s what is separating this strange precognition tier list some people have set up in their head. Can Usopp reliably use his observation Haki several times in a fight in a defensive manner to not die? If so, point me to examples that prove he can. Deku’s precognition works as it is intended to work, which makes it better than what Usopp have. It is a purely defensive precognition, but it is always active and gives him precise enough details. If Usopp is operating with his Haki only by concentrating hard, then I don’t see how it plays any factor in this fight outside of luck.

If she can hit Deku through his defense oriented precognition, then why would she not be able to hit Usopp through his infrequent Haki that might not even be defensive enough to help him here?
Whoever typed this up needs to fight me, because this isn't a thing.

Usopp being around the tiers of people with uncontrollable glimpses who passively hear everything in a multi mile radius is funny. But let's work with it.

Usopp could casually sense Carrot, a mink, while Luffy couldn't sense a plethora of minks around him.
We were surrounded?
Showing that he didn't sense them.
Usopp's "uncontrollable inept Haki" > Luffy's at that point.

Deku's feats consist of sensing things that are in plain sight. Usopp's few feats and his scaling are above that.

Usopp can't "possibly do it sometimes", this is blatantly incorrect, he can do it whenever he wishes. So now this needs to be tackled.

Scaling Usopp who can actually control his Kenbunshoku above others who can't control it like Koby, who can passively sense people while he doesn't want to, or Asia, who can do the same thing to people moving far faster than her speed or people massively far away.

Usopp's Kenbunshoku also has Accelerated Development (all Haki does), so his sensing will overtime get better as he fights and snipes. From my knowledge, Deku does not have that.

Now I could work off of this based on the simple feat of Usopp to scale him to Luffy's feats, his many many feats.

Now, I'm seeing "Nagant can deal with Deku's precog so she can deal with Usopp's" Usopp dodged attacks from Enel who could read and time attacks on Luffy. Do I need to list Enel's feats too or no? Because he has good ones.

"Luffy of Marineford" ok now, I could've sworn that got axed.

Whoever typed this up needs to fight me, because this isn't a thing.

Usopp being around the tiers of people with uncontrollable glimpses who passively hear everything in a multi mile radius is funny. But let's work with it.

Usopp could casually sense Carrot, a mink, while Luffy couldn't sense a plethora of minks around him.

Showing that he didn't sense them.

Deku's feats consist of sensing things that are in plain sight. Usopp's few feats and his scaling are above that.

Usopp can't "possibly do it sometimes", this is blatantly incorrect, he can do it whenever he wishes. So now this needs to be tackled.

Scaling Usopp who can actually control his Kenbunshoku above others who can't control it like Koby, who can passively sense people while he doesn't want to, or Asia, who can do the same thing to people moving far faster than her speed or people massively far away.

Usopp's Kenbunshoku also has Accelerated Development (all Haki does), so his sensing will overtime get better as he fights and snipes. From my knowledge, Deku does not have that.
I mean, if that’s wrong idk. Im just using what I know of One Piece and what’s on the wiki. If that’s a problem with his profile then yeah, it should be changed based on his feats.

Deku does not sense things that are in plain sight? What are you talking about? He could sense danger happening to people kilometers away, it’s just there needs to be danger present. It alerts him to attacks coming from literally any direction, not just ones he can see, that would make it terrible.

Is sensing people the only ability his Haki has? Because that’s not even precognition and definitely not going to help him avoid her bullets when they’re reaching him faster than he can see.

Can I just get some feats of Usopp using his Haki to dodge? The sensing ability doesn’t make sense to me without that portion of it.

Now I could work off of this based on the simple feat of Usopp to scale him to Luffy's feats, his many many feats.

Now, I'm seeing "Nagant can deal with Deku's precog so she can deal with Usopp's" Usopp dodged attacks from Enel who could read and time attacks on Luffy. Do I need to list Enel's feats too or no? Because he has good ones.
Can Usopp replicate all of Enel’s feats? Because he didn’t even have Haki at that point. So was Usopp at that time just astronomically above Luffy in speed or something?

I mean, if that’s wrong idk. Im just using what I know of One Piece and what’s on the wiki. If that’s a problem with his profile then yeah, it should be changed based on his feats.

Deku does not sense things that are in plain sight? What are you talking about? He could sense danger happening to people kilometers away, it’s just there needs to be danger present. It alerts him to attacks coming from literally any direction, not just ones he can see, that would make it gerrible
I meant that Deku has never had to sense somebody with stealth. Everybody Deku senses, if the eye can see it, he can too.

Deku's first feat was sensing Shigaraki's presence.
Deku's second feat was sensing that Giantman was breaking out of jean ropes.
Deku's third feat was sensing that a rampaging asshat by the name of Muscular was nearby.
Deku's fourth feat was him sensing his big ass swings and predicting moves.
Deku's fifth feat was him sensing a bullet near him.

Deku's feats are "oh snap this is happening" while Usopp scales above far more.
Is sensing people the only ability his Haki has? Because that’s not even precognition and definitely not going to help him avoid her bullets when they’re reaching him faster than he can see.
Sensing people is the main ability he does, but all because he hasn't showcased it doesn't mean he can't do it.
People don't have specialized portions of Kenbunshoku except the advanced future sight users. One user who has Kenbunshoku can do everything listed in the page. This is the basics of Kenbunshoku. (Here, here, and here)
The basic portion of Kenbunshoku is precognition, sensing people's actions before the action is thrown. Usopp's long range sensing is the one that's most emphasized on because he's a sniper, but he scales to all the several other feats.
Can I just get some feats of Usopp using his Haki to dodge? The sensing ability doesn’t make sense to me without that portion of it.
He scales above others. All Kenbun is the same, the abilities listed on the blog linked in the haki page apply to every kenbunshoku user.
Can Usopp replicate all of Enel’s feats? Because he didn’t even have Haki at that point. So was Usopp at that time just astronomically above Luffy in speed or something?
I'm saying that how you can scale Nagant to sniping someone with precog is how I can scale Usopp to dodging Enel's attacks.

Deku having pseudo precognition is better than what Usopp has going for him. Deku’s Danger Sense alerts him to danger before it has happened, or at a point in time that he can react to it before it has even reached him. I don’t know what about that is considered bad to you, but Precognition is Precognition. And Nagant blitzed him right through it several times.

What do reactions matter when, with speed equal, she is blitzing him with her bullets? And he has no way of avoiding her curved shots? If she shoots at him, he is getting hit unless he somehow instantly realizes everything she has in her Arsenal, which he doesn’t because neither have knowledge, and it wouldn’t help him either way. He cannot react to her bullets in speed equal.

Give me examples of people with good precognition that Usopp has sniped completely unaided from hundreds of meters away. Mentioning those CP9 rejects like they could do anything in the New World when Usopp fought them is insulting.
Good grief, i'll respond to each of your points seperately apparently you won't let me have the time to do..... I want to say that having Precognition doesn't automatically grant you omnipotent, because just like every ability even precognition has weaknesses, especially Deku's danger senses as well. For examples; if you are faster than precognition user he can't do anything, if you spam AOE attacks he cannot dodge, you outhax him if he doesn't resist it's a GG, etc etc.

Now regarding Danger sense: "This Quirk allows the user to detect any potential threats in the surrounding area, thus giving the user the opportunity to properly react to them quickly, similar to a sixth sense. The detection of a threat is described by Izuku as a sharp stabbing sensation in his head." Sounds like every basic precognition aka a sixth sense you are making it sound like OP except it is not. First of all, danger sense can detect attacks as they come flying at him and impending threats. Key words "detect", he can't see it in literal senses, meaning if he faced against an unknown opponent he only knows that danger is coming, but doesn't exactly know what kind of "attack". During his fight with Nagant, Deku initially underestimated her because she is a sniper, he used his knowledge on how to deal with Snipers, in Deku's own words "The best way to handle a sniper is to get close", judging by Deku's objective he wanted to negotiate with Nagant, rather than one shotting when he had the chance to do, but huge emphasis on underestimated, Nagant surprised him and Deku was momentarily off-guard. If Deku's danger senses were that strong, shouldn't he have expected Nagant to shoot him from a close distance which further proves my point that his danger senses has its weaknesses and limits, He can be still caught off-guard by elements of surprise, an enemy faster than him, or attacks meant to overwhelm his foes. He only can sense/detect. His range is limited to his surroundings and himself, he can't "see" what kind of attack his danger senses altering him, his danger senses doesn't grant him instinctive reaction or something like that it only enhances his reaction speed, basically it's just a passive sixth sense.

HAKI VS DANGER SENSE:

It's exactly what King said, all base haki works the same, therefore Usopp just like the others get access to inept Haki user abilities. Before that, I'll explain to you the primary difference between them. Allow me to explain Observation Haki, this type of haki allows the user to see another person through their "Aura", be it buildings, strategically hidden or camouflaged, even invincibility, which is a mental image of coloured silhouette of them on a dark background as demonstrated when Usopp sniped sugar or how Issho sees the world.

• Emotion sensing (part 1): Korby was traumatized after sensing the emotions of many people meeting their deaths and other emotions, Koby sensed the emotions of all marine soldiers and pirates in marineford. Prior to the war, whitebeard brought all his men from the new world in order to rescue Ace, and the Marine brought all marine soldiers, human weapons (Pacifistas) and the Shichibukai (against their will, that's how important this war was!). My point here is, you can easily assume that Koby sensed over 200+ soldiers and pirates, it's an astonishing feat, but there is more.

• Emotion sensing (part 2): Aisa that little girl from Skypia arc, she can sense when people die or fall unconscious as well as the feelings of others. She was able to tell where Enel was, despite him traveling at lightning speed,. More astoundingly, she knew the exact numbers of how many people were defeated in Skypia, basically an entire island.

• Emotion sensing (Part 3): Eneru, is pretty self-explanatory, (I'm aware that his fruit further amplified his observation haki). My main point here is, his Haki was stated to be the best amongst priests, and each of the priests' haki were good enough to sense the exact same numbers of warriors as well.

That concluded emotion sensing, Observation haki grants them also to see a brief precognition of the Future, contrary to danger sense, Observation haki user can see a brief glimpse into the future, luffy vs marigold and sandersonia and Luffy vs mihakw. When luffy was restrained by sandersonia, she "SAW" that luffy would attempt to kick her with his left leg. Similarly how, Satori knew where Luffy would hit her and which limbs he attemped to use before the attack even happened.

Now let's see which qualities is better: Danger sense - Precognition and (Emotion senses?). Observation haki - Extrasensory perception, telephaty, precognition, information analysis, enhanced senses and instinctive reaction. Depending on the user, naturally large range, and Future sight only for advanced haki users.

Don't get me wrong, danger senses is good and all, but it's pale in comparison with Observation haki, i could list off more abilites of each inept observation haki user or rudimentary haki user, but i personally think i don't add more things.

I meant that Deku has never had to sense somebody with stealth. Everybody Deku senses, if the eye can see it, he can too.

Deku's first feat was sensing Shigaraki's presence.
Deku's second feat was sensing that Giantman was breaking out of jean ropes.
Deku's third feat was sensing that a rampaging asshat by the name of Muscular was nearby.
Deku's fourth feat was him sensing his big ass swings and predicting moves.
Deku's fifth feat was him sensing a bullet near him.

Deku's feats are "oh snap this is happening" while Usopp scales above far more.

Sensing people is the main ability he does, but all because he hasn't showcased it doesn't mean he can't do it.
People don't have specialized portions of Kenbunshoku except the advanced future sight users. One user who has Kenbunshoku can do everything listed in the page. This is the basics of Kenbunshoku. (Here, here, and here)
The basic portion of Kenbunshoku is precognition, sensing people's actions before the action is thrown. Usopp's long range sensing is the one that's most emphasized on because he's a sniper, but he scales to all the several other feats.

He scales above others. All Kenbun is the same, the abilities listed on the blog linked in the haki page apply to every kenbunshoku user.

I'm saying that how you can scale Nagant to sniping someone with precog is how I can scale Usopp to dodging Enel's attacks.
I mean, I’d reserve judgement on that considering he’s about to fight an invisible girl, but I don’t really see the detriment to most of those showings? Nagant’s bullets were faster than him and he still picked up on them and dodged, so saying “because it isn’t a hidden phenomenon, it isn’t impressive” seems like a massive downplay to me. That’s like saying if he dodged a thousand attacks at the exact same time due to his precog that it still sucks because you can see the attacks.

That seems strange to me though. So it’s just assumed that, even if he never displays any feats even near the same level, that he has the same tier of Haki as anyone else does? How do you even quantify that? Like, if he’s scaling to people that can actively see several seconds into the future, why does he never do that himself? Does he just never fight anymore? Why emphasize his long range sensing and not anything else that would be ridiculously useful for him not dying? Does he have any actual feats? And if Haki can be specialized and constantly adapts, why CAN’T he only be severely proficient in one part but not another? And what precognition feats is he scaling to, but for some reason never displays himself?

After looking up the feat of Usopp dodging Enel, I cannot possibly take it seriously. At best he is the same as Nami who could also dodge attacks from Enel. I don’t see why Enel would ever exert the same effort he did against Luffy on Usopp or why a single instance of him attacking Usopp is supposed to display his ability to react to people with precog even though the entire scene is one of the most obvious “laugh at this funny dodge” moments I’ve seen.

Good grief, i'll respond to each of your points seperately apparently you won't let me have the time to do..... I want to say that having Precognition doesn't automatically grant you omnipotent, because just like every ability even precognition has weaknesses, especially Deku's danger senses as well. For examples; if you are faster than precognition user he can't do anything, if you spam AOE attacks he cannot dodge, you outhax him if he doesn't resist it's a GG, etc etc.

Now regarding Danger sense: "This Quirk allows the user to detect any potential threats in the surrounding area, thus giving the user the opportunity to properly react to them quickly, similar to a sixth sense. The detection of a threat is described by Izuku as a sharp stabbing sensation in his head." Sounds like every basic precognition aka a sixth sense you are making it sound like OP except it is not. First of all, danger sense can detect attacks as they come flying at him and impending threats. Key words "detect", he can't see it in literal senses, meaning if he faced against an unknown opponent he only knows that danger is coming, but doesn't exactly know what kind of "attack". During his fight with Nagant, Deku initially underestimated her because she is a sniper, he used his knowledge on how to deal with Snipers, in Deku's own words "The best way to handle a sniper is to get close", judging by Deku's objective he wanted to negotiate with Nagant, rather than one shotting when he had the chance to do, but huge emphasis on underestimated, Nagant surprised him and Deku was momentarily off-guard. If Deku's danger senses were that strong, shouldn't he have expected Nagant to shoot him from a close distance which further proves my point that his danger senses has its weaknesses and limits, He can be still caught off-guard by elements of surprise, an enemy faster than him, or attacks meant to overwhelm his foes. He only can sense/detect. His range is limited to his surroundings and himself, he can't "see" what kind of attack his danger senses altering him, his danger senses doesn't grant him instinctive reaction or something like that it only enhances his reaction speed, basically it's just a passive sixth sense.

HAKI VS DANGER SENSE:

It's exactly what King said, all base haki works the same, therefore Usopp just like the others get access to inept Haki user abilities. Before that, I'll explain to you the primary difference between them. Allow me to explain Observation Haki, this type of haki allows the user to see another person through their "Aura", be it buildings, strategically hidden or camouflaged, even invincibility, which is a mental image of coloured silhouette of them on a dark background as demonstrated when Usopp sniped sugar or how Issho sees the world.

• Emotion sensing (part 1): Korby was traumatized after sensing the emotions of many people meeting their deaths and other emotions, Koby sensed the emotions of all marine soldiers and pirates in marineford. Prior to the war, whitebeard brought all his men from the new world in order to rescue Ace, and the Marine brought all marine soldiers, human weapons (Pacifistas) and the Shichibukai (against their will, that's how important this war was!). My point here is, you can easily assume that Koby sensed over 200+ soldiers and pirates, it's an astonishing feat, but there is more.

• Emotion sensing (part 2): Aisa that little girl from Skypia arc, she can sense when people die or fall unconscious as well as the feelings of others. She was able to tell where Enel was, despite him traveling at lightning speed,. More astoundingly, she knew the exact numbers of how many people were defeated in Skypia, basically an entire island.

• Emotion sensing (Part 3): Eneru, is pretty self-explanatory, (I'm aware that his fruit further amplified his observation haki). My main point here is, his Haki was stated to be the best amongst priests, and each of the priests' haki were good enough to sense the exact same numbers of warriors as well.

That concluded emotion sensing, Observation haki grants them also to see a brief precognition of the Future, contrary to danger sense, Observation haki user can see a brief glimpse into the future, luffy vs marigold and sandersonia and Luffy vs mihakw. When luffy was restrained by sandersonia, she "SAW" that luffy would attempt to kick her with his left leg. Similarly how, Satori knew where Luffy would hit her and which limbs he attemped to use before the attack even happened.

Now let's see which qualities is better: Danger sense - Precognition and (Emotion senses?). Observation haki - Extrasensory perception, telephaty, precognition, information analysis, enhanced senses and instinctive reaction. Depending on the user, naturally large range, and Future sight only for advanced haki users.

Don't get me wrong, danger senses is good and all, but it's pale in comparison with Observation haki, i could list off more abilites of each inept observation haki user or rudimentary haki user, but i personally think i don't add more things.
I mean, I know Haki is more versatile. I’m speaking purely from a defensive standpoint. Danger Sense works solely for defense, so I’d like to know what defensive applications for Haki Usopp has.

Also, just respond to the TLDR post not the big one if it’s a bother

I mean, I know Haki is more versatile. I’m speaking purely from a defensive standpoint. Danger Sense works solely for defense, so I’d like to know what defensive applications for Haki Usopp has.
Usopp's observation haki is the same as everyone's unless said otherwise. We already have seen that every observation haki user can predict attacks before they happens, even Satoria (he was stated by Enel to be inexperienced with Observation Haki) could do that as well and the three other priests. We don't treat Usopp differently just because he recently unlocked his observation haki

Usopp's observation haki is the same as everyone's unless said otherwise. We already have seen that every observation haki user can predict attacks before they happens, even Satoria (he was stated by Enel to be inexperienced with Observation Haki) could do that as well and the three other priests. We don't treat Usopp differently just because he recently unlocked his observation haki
But if it’s recently unlocked, why does it scale to anyone else’s observation Haki? Does he even know what he’s doing or how to actively apply it like other people? Because if it’s infrequent, wouldn’t he just be in possession of an ability that he hasn’t mastered and thus can’t use to its fullest potential?

Oh? now you admit reaction speed is irrelevant here, but brought up deku's precognition, even though he was momentarily caught off guard by Nagant and originally wanted to negotiate with her rather than instantly one shotting her.. Could you refrain from saying "she'll blitz him" when OP explicitly stated speed is equalized, as long as the gap isn't 1.5x or 2x it's not considered a blitz even with speed amps, and Usopp in this thread can react to her bullets since speed is equalized, i mean isn't that the point of equalizing the speed in the first place?

But if it’s recently unlocked, why does it scale to anyone else’s observation Haki? Does he even know what he’s doing or how to actively apply it like other people? Because if it’s infrequent, wouldn’t he just be in possession of an ability that he hasn’t mastered and thus can’t use to its fullest potential?
He is in the new world, knowing what Haki is common knowledge. Especially, the fact that Usopp is associated with many Observation haki users, him not knowing "Haki" doesn't feel right, as Law from the very beginning made it clear that only those who possess Haki can beat Ceaser. Naturally, he can't use Haki at its fullest, however that doesn't necessarily mean that he won't be unable to dodge attacks far faster than him. Regarding him dodging Enel's lightning wasn't just a gag, he did is twice when he and nami successfully escaped from the maxim. Also, Nami is capable of dodging her own Thunderbolt tempo, it essentially means the feat is consistent as she nullified Enel's thunder with her own in order to do she needed the reaction speed to pull it off.

Note: even Franky knew what Haki is and said something along the lines of "Wow, Haki is amazing" when Luffy restrained Ceaser with his rubber body.

Oh? now you admit reaction speed is irrelevant here, but brought up deku's precognition, even though he was momentarily caught off guard by Nagant and originally wanted to negotiate with her rather than instantly one shotting her.. Could you refrain from saying "she'll blitz him" when OP explicitly stated speed is equalized, as long as the gap isn't 1.5x or 2x it's not considered a blitz even with speed amps, and Usopp in this thread can react to her bullets since speed is equalized, i mean isn't that the point of equalizing the speed in the first place?
I think you’re missing my point a bit? Her bullets are far faster than Deku was and he would’ve died to her if he didn’t have Danger Sense, a basically permanently active detection barrier that allowed him to react to her shots before they hit him, but even then was going to lose until he blitzed her with his speed amp. Usopp is going to be in the same predicament, so I’m trying to see why he would be able to do better than Deku if his version of precognition doesn’t seem as reliable? I’m looking for the feats of his Haki that actually matter to dodging her attacks.

He is in the new world, knowing what Haki is common knowledge. Especially, the fact that Usopp is associated with many Observation haki users, him not knowing "Haki" doesn't feel right, as Law from the very beginning made it clear that only those who possess Haki can beat Ceaser. Naturally, he can't use Haki at its fullest, however that doesn't necessarily mean that he won't be unable to dodge attacks far faster than him. Regarding him dodging Enel's lightning wasn't just a gag, he did is twice when he and nami successfully escaped from the maxim. Also, Nami is capable of dodging her own Thunderbolt tempo, it essentially means the feat is consistent as she nullified Enel's thunder with her own in order to do she needed the reaction speed to pull it off.
I know he knows about observation Haki, but if he can’t use it to it’s actual potential, why are we assuming he can use it to an effect that he can trivialize attacks that can blitz him? What tier of Haki is he scaling to that he actively understands and can properly use? And if lightning speed is consistent, aren’t the both of them just lightning speed? So how is that a matter of Usopp without Haki being better than Enel with observation Haki?

I mean, I’d reserve judgement on that considering he’s about to fight an invisible girl, but I don’t really see the detriment to most of those showings? Nagant’s bullets were faster than him and he still picked up on them and dodged, so saying “because it isn’t a hidden phenomenon, it isn’t impressive” seems like a massive downplay to me. That’s like saying if he dodged a thousand attacks at the exact same time due to his precog that it still sucks because you can see the attacks.
You lost me at the last part, because if you dodge a thousand attacks at the same exact time, that's a feat right there. But I understand your point.
That seems strange to me though. So it’s just assumed that, even if he never displays any feats even near the same level, that he has the same tier of Haki as anyone else does? How do you even quantify that? Like, if he’s scaling to people that can actively see several seconds into the future, why does he never do that himself? Does he just never fight anymore? Why emphasize his long range sensing and not anything else that would be ridiculously useful for him not dying? Does he have any actual feats? And if Haki can be specialized and constantly adapts, why CAN’T he only be severely proficient in one part but not another? And what precognition feats is he scaling to, but for some reason never displays himself?
Because Kenbun isn't like "oh he's good at long range but not with precog" that's not how it works. Usopp has access to all the basic abilities. He's sensed people that others cannot sense (Kin'emon and Luffy), so he scales above that feat. And he sensed Carrot at the same time as Zoro and Law, 2 characters with good Haki.
After looking up the feat of Usopp dodging Enel, I cannot possibly take it seriously. At best he is the same as Nami who could also dodge attacks from Enel. I don’t see why Enel would ever exert the same effort he did against Luffy on Usopp or why a single instance of him attacking Usopp is supposed to display his ability to react to people with precog even though the entire scene is one of the most obvious “laugh at this funny dodge” moments I’ve seen.
Fair then

Usopp was about to snipe Sugar relying on somebody else's sight. Kin'emon, a beautiful Kenbunshoku Haki user, who could fight and sense people's moves without his head attached to his body, couldn't see Sugar, who Usopp was about to snipe before he even knew he had Kenbunshoku Haki.
Before I use irl logic and say
The naked eye can see 3 miles away and Usopp was about to snipe someone while someone with a range sensing amp couldn't sense that person with his naked eye, so Usopp > those 3 miles, which means Usopp > her sniping range, which is 3km
I'll use it as a last resort.

And why are we discussing range? The OP has 500 meters as the initial distance.

Also.
Nagant is a sniper who can walk on air. That's it. It's very nice, but she's not versatile.
Usopp flat out said that flying doesn't mean anything to him.

Usopp will distract the hell out of her. Usopp knows how to hide in plain sight. Nagant got tricked by Deku throwing a scarf in smoke. Usopp's smoke is massively larger than this small smoke that Deku let off.

Usopp's ammo isn't just bullets like Nagants. And although her rapid fire is good/betterthanUsopp with the multiple directions, Usopp will rapid snipe her the same way.

What's she doing to getting blinded and gassed?
What's she doing if Usopp acts like he got hit and she comes in closer for him to handle her?
She's predicting Usopp's position I admit, she's not predicting Usopp's arsenal.

Voting Usopp for now at least

I think you’re missing my point a bit? Her bullets are far faster than Deku was and he would’ve died to her if he didn’t have Danger Sense, a basically permanently active detection barrier that allowed him to react to her shots before they hit him, but even then was going to lose until he blitzed her with his speed amp. Usopp is going to be in the same predicament, so I’m trying to see why he would be able to do better than Deku if his version of precognition doesn’t seem as reliable? I’m looking for the feats of his Haki that actually matter to dodging her attacks.
Saying something is faster without elaborating further or specifying how fast said character is, is irrelevant here. Again, speed is equalized nobody is blitzing anyone unless her speed amp is 1.5x or 2x she ain't blitzing Usopp, you are apparently missing my point Deku underestimated her at first because she is a sniper, furthermore he wanted to negotiate with her if he was serious from the very beginning he could've defeated her the moment he caught her off-guard via his smokescreen.

The primary differences between Deku and Usopp is, Usopp is a sniper and has superior marksmanship, while deku has plenty of good range attacks. But when it comes to range and marksmanship Usopp is without a doubt better, why would he even need to engage in close combat with her than deku did to her? why would you assume he won't open with his sleep hax which he uses in-character. Before you say Nagant is immune to distractions, she was distracted by Deku's smokescreen and also the wiki stated she, Her sight is seemingly unaffected by either darkness or weather conditions such as heavy rainfall. Nothing suggets she is immune to Usopp's smokescreen, Deku vs Nagant proved the opposite.

I know he knows about observation Haki, but if he can’t use it to it’s actual potential, why are we assuming he can use it to an effect that he can trivialize attacks that can blitz him? What tier of Haki is he scaling to that he actively understands and can properly use? And if lightning speed is consistent, aren’t the both of them just lightning speed? So how is that a matter of Usopp without Haki being better than Enel with observation Haki?
I never claimed that Usopp's observation haki is better than Enel, my point was that he can dodge things before they happen because of his cowardly nature but will still take significant damage. So can you kindly refrain from putting words into my words i never said nor implied that.

Observation haki has been consistently portrayed as sixth sense, meaning further enhances the reaction speed of the user, even if he can't control it, his haki will unconsciously activate (not as actively as the others), but that should allow him to dodge a few bullets, then shoot his Hissatsu Bakusui-Boshi: Emits a large cloud of powerful sleeping gas. She can't resist sleep hax.

Last edited:
Question, does Usopp's have attacks that have homing properties?

Can he remotely detonate his shots, or do they have to impact something.

And can his own Haki, via his own shown feats, detect projectiles like Nagant's bullets?

These are questions I ask early on and no one answered. I need these answered before I can give any type of response.

Not, really. But, only Impact wolf comes close to homing (we are still waiting for the big revision)
He can. For example, his Hissatsu Fire Bird Star: Usopp fires what can be assumed to be a very strong Kaen Boshi in the shape of a massive phoenix, it also seems to summon a massive ring of fire once it makes contact. Exploding Pine Cones Usopp shoots out a pinecone that detonates, creating many sphere-like explosions. And plenty of other abilites.

And can his own Haki, via his own shown feats, detect projectiles like Nagant's bullets?
We are currently debating this, in my opinion, given Usopp's character he will dodge instinctively out of fear (not implying instinctive reaction) and Usopp's reaction speed in general is pretty good. However he will take some significant damage, but not fatal enough to instantly killing him.

You didn't answer that question, I saying does he have homing attacks? If he does then I have to say this, why are so many characters lacking abilities on their profiles?

This seems to be a common problem in the wiki in general, for many different verses. Since there is no homing attack on his actual profile.

When I'm asking remote detonation, I asking if Nagant dodges his attack, can he just make his projectile explode near her even though it missed? Nagant's going to be flying in the air, so there's nothing for a projectile to make contact to. So can he cause the projectile to explode or activate in mid air without touching anything?

That looks like it made contact with his head and exploded/ignited, the projectile line itself doesn't look all that big.

Why can't Usopp bait her? Deku baited Nagant via smokescreen. Deku's own words.

This seems to be a common problem in the wiki in general, for many different verses. Since there is no homing attack on his actual profile.
We are currently waiting for the big revision, so the pages are still outdated.
When I'm asking remote detonation, I asking if Nagant dodges his attack can he just make it explode near her to hit her anyway? Nagant's going to be flying in the air, so there's nothing for a projectile to make contact to. So can he cause the projectile to explode or activate mid air being dodged?
Why does everyone assume that Usopp can't deal with flying enemies. Luffy himself was extremely confident in Usopp's sniping skills, while Law was worried that Ceaser is out of his room range. Usopp's own words

Not really
When I'm asking remote detonation, I asking if Nagant dodges his attack, can he just make his projectile explode near her even though it missed? Nagant's going to be flying in the air, so there's nothing for a projectile to make contact to. So can he cause the projectile to explode or activate in mid air without touching anything?
Most of them need impact.
He can shoot flammable gas though which spans a large area, and he can detonate it with a flame star.
Via his own feats, no. Via scaling, most likely.
What properties do they have that make them hard to detect?

You still didn't answer my question, actually give a response.

I'm tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

When did I say Usopp can't deal with flying enemies, what the hell is going on? Please answer my question with a scan that shows remote detonation or big ass AOE, something please. Why is that so hard?

What properties do they have that make them hard to detect?
I never said they were hard to detect, Usopp's page just says his Haki lets him locate people, with intense concentration.

I don't see anything that says he can track non living things, I don't know how Haki works and his profile doesn't explain it properly.

That gas is interesting, but how did he set it up?

You lost me at the last part, because if you dodge a thousand attacks at the same exact time, that's a feat right there. But I understand your point.

Because Kenbun isn't like "oh he's good at long range but not with precog" that's not how it works. Usopp has access to all the basic abilities. He's sensed people that others cannot sense (Kin'emon and Luffy), so he scales above that feat. And he sensed Carrot at the same time as Zoro and Law, 2 characters with good Haki.

Fair then

Usopp was about to snipe Sugar relying on somebody else's sight. Kin'emon, a beautiful Kenbunshoku Haki user, who could fight and sense people's moves without his head attached to his body, couldn't see Sugar, who Usopp was about to snipe before he even knew he had Kenbunshoku Haki.
Before I use irl logic and say

I'll use it as a last resort.

And why are we discussing range? The OP has 500 meters as the initial distance.

Also.
Nagant is a sniper who can walk on air. That's it. It's very nice, but she's not versatile.
Usopp flat out said that flying doesn't mean anything to him.

Usopp will distract the hell out of her. Usopp knows how to hide in plain sight. Nagant got tricked by Deku throwing a scarf in smoke. Usopp's smoke is massively larger than this small smoke that Deku let off.

Usopp's ammo isn't just bullets like Nagants. And although her rapid fire is good/betterthanUsopp with the multiple directions, Usopp will rapid snipe her the same way.

What's she doing to getting blinded and gassed?
What's she doing if Usopp acts like he got hit and she comes in closer for him to handle her?
She's predicting Usopp's position I admit, she's not predicting Usopp's arsenal.

Voting Usopp for now at least
If we’ve established that Danger Sense and Haki are two very different things, then you have to provide the reasoning that Usopp can replicate dodging her attacks. So far, none of what I’ve seen has given him precognition? All it has been is sensing where the enemy is from a long distance. Even the picture of the guy you gave that escaped while only being a head wasn’t seeing their movements, it was sensing where they were and avoiding them entirely. He wasn’t fighting, he was running for his life. So even if you scale Usopp above him, he didn’t display any precognition.

See, this is my problem with a lot of what is being said in this thread.

“Nagant is just a sniper that can walk on air. She could not possibly win against versatile plant man Usopp. All she does is shoot and fly.”

The obscene downplay being put upon Lady Nagant’s skill and abilities is ridiculous. No one has addressed the numerous claims of curving bullets as well as the calculations that run through her head every time she fires a shot. I haven’t even brought up her bullets that split apart into more bullets, I already said her range matters since she can just fly out of his range and he can’t do anything about it, her shots are faster than his, her prediction abilities have so far been shown better than his, and everything in his Arsenal requires her to either be completely unaware of it happening in order to hit her or Usopp to display an obscene amount of Observation Haki proficiency.

The win condition laid out for Usopp is literally dependent on him surviving her first round of shots via observation Haki, of which for his level of it, I have yet to see any actual feats of precognition, just sensing the position of people.

Usopp doesn’t have the same level of mobility Deku had that he needed to even get into the position required for him to distract Lady Nagant. Him hiding doesn’t matter when she can see where he is going and is predicting his movements without needing to see him. If he tries to fire first, he’s lost, because her shots are going to come out first. If he tries running, she shoots curving bullets that hit him in the back, legs and heart before he even makes it 20 meters. His best bet is literally his observation Haki kicking in so he can make a smokescreen then blast her with sleep gas, hoping she hasn’t flown a kilometer away from the smokescreen and out of his range. That is his win condition. None of his other plants matter other than his smokescreen and sleep bomb, because any other plants die before they hit her or get dodged.

If Usopp acts like he got hit, she shoots another shot into his corpse. She’s spent decades assassinating people, you think she doesn’t know to double tap or will just get tricked cause it looked like he got hit? She shoots backup bullets for her backup bullets. 95% of his Arsenal becomes worthless the moment the fight starts, and unless he instantly recognizes that, he is dead.

Saying something is faster without elaborating further or specifying how fast said character is, is irrelevant here. Again, speed is equalized nobody is blitzing anyone unless her speed amp is 1.5x or 2x she ain't blitzing Usopp, you are apparently missing my point Deku underestimated her at first because she is a sniper, furthermore he wanted to negotiate with her if he was serious from the very beginning he could've defeated her the moment he caught her off-guard via his smokescreen.

The primary differences between Deku and Usopp is, Usopp is a sniper and has superior marksmanship, while deku has plenty of good range attacks. But when it comes to range and marksmanship Usopp is without a doubt better, why would he even need to engage in close combat with her than deku did to her? why would you assume he won't open with his sleep hax which he uses in-character. Before you say Nagant is immune to distractions, she was distracted by Deku's smokescreen and also the wiki stated she, Her sight is seemingly unaffected by either darkness or weather conditions such as heavy rainfall. Nothing suggets she is immune to Usopp's smokescreen, Deku vs Nagant proved the opposite.
Let’s take a look at what we have Nagant rated for attack speed, shall we?

Higher attack speed (Her bullets can outpace 45% Deku, who had difficulty dodging them even with Danger Sense. Can increase the size of her Rifle arm, enhancing the speed of her bullets even further)

Now, the issue with this statement for her speed is that it woefully downplays what Deku was experiencing. If he did not have Danger Sense, he would have died to the first bullet she fired at him, as he stated. The only reason he is not dead is because of his specific brand of precognition acting as an auto-bullet detector, which she then proceeded to trivialize by creating false dangers with pre-fired bullets. She literally adapted around his precog.

So here’s the problem. Her shots are faster than Usopp in speed equal. Whether you want to claim they would blitz him or not is irrelevant. The baseline is that he cannot avoid them unless he has observation Haki active or dodges them before they’ve been fired. They will reach him faster than his shots will reach her, and he cannot hide from her without the smokescreen, which he needs to deploy in the literal first seconds of the fight to have a chance at winning.

When did I say he needed to get in close combat? His win condition is smokescreen > Nagant not flying out of his range > sleep bomb from smoke (and apparently that can be countered by her just holding her breath, unless that description isn’t accurate)

The issue is ever getting to the point where he deploys his smokescreen. Fight starts and he is getting shot at multiple times in vital areas by someone who can predict literally any movement he’s about to make. He can’t block with the dials reliably because the shots are faster than he is. Any attack plants are wasted because he’s too busy getting lit up. His literal saving grace is his Observation Haki, which I’m being told now, for his level, doesn’t even grant real precognition, and instead seems to only be good for sensing people at long range.

Do you see where my issue is lying? No one has brought up any counter argument to Nagant just killing Usopp instantly other than his Haki. But now, from what I’m being shown, Usopp’s Haki doesn’t provide the ability required to not die. So I will ask again: what precognition ability does Usopp have. The feat I was just shown was merely sensing, not precog. What is he scaling to here, give me something concrete.

Wall of text.

If Usopp can't hit her before she fires off a few bullets of her own at him, I'm thinking she takes it. Since smoke doesn't look like it'll help, I calculated that size (Over 200 meters) and she can easily just fly up like she did with Izuku and wait him out. Considering her trigger finger, she might actually shoot at his projectiles if they come out of the smoke.

2 kilometers up, and can safety react to any attack. Unless they have homing properties or can be remotely detonated, I don't see why she can't avoid his projectile if they don't. I don't see any type of prediction on Usopp's profile, so I don't think he can predict where'll she be, instead he'll fire at where she's at.

Unless, is that an ability he has but it's not on his profile?

That's why I want to know more about what Usopp projectiles can do.

For now the arguments for Lady Nagant are the most convincing for me, so I'll vote for her.

I'll see if other arguments will make me change my mind.

If we’ve established that Danger Sense and Haki are two very different things, then you have to provide the reasoning that Usopp can replicate dodging her attacks. So far, none of what I’ve seen has given him precognition? All it has been is sensing where the enemy is from a long distance. Even the picture of the guy you gave that escaped while only being a head wasn’t seeing their movements, it was sensing where they were and avoiding them entirely. He wasn’t fighting, he was running for his life. So even if you scale Usopp above him, he didn’t display any precognition.
King.... We've already established that Usopp can dodge things far faster than him (even if it mean taking damage) prior to the moment he unlocked Haki, i don't need to prove that again. You even accepted Usopp dodging Enel's lighting as a legitimate feat, so what point would it be to show you something that every Observation haki throughout the series did, including characters inexperienced with Observation Haki, to make it crystal clear the moment he unlocked haki he get access to other inept haki user abilites unless said otherwhie.
The obscene downplay being put upon Lady Nagant’s skill and abilities is ridiculous. No one has addressed the numerous claims of curving bullets as well as the calculations that run through her head every time she fires a shot. I haven’t even brought up her bullets that split apart into more bullets, I already said her range matters since she can just fly out of his range and he can’t do anything about it, her shots are faster than his, her prediction abilities have so far been shown better than his, and everything in his Arsenal requires her to either be completely unaware of it happening in order to hit her or Usopp to display an obscene amount of Observation Haki proficiency.
Range matters of course, but if we wanna talk about skills, sure. Since early in the series, he was shown to have inherited much of his father Yasopp's exceptional marksman skills. Usopp has outstanding marksmanship abilities with the slingshot, His marksmanship is nearly unmatched, accurately hitting Spandam and some Marines from a vast distance of over a mile out-distancing even the guns the Marines had with the wind against it, WITH ONLY A SLINGSHOT. Not even Robin, Zoro and Sanji could detect where Usopp's location was. Her flying is irrelevant, Usopp has consistently proven to be able to know where his target is going to move. He spent 2 years, hunting animals which obviously included flying enemies.
Usopp doesn’t have the same level of mobility Deku had that he needed to even get into the position required for him to distract Lady Nagant. Him hiding doesn’t matter when she can see where he is going and is predicting his movements without needing to see him. If he tries to fire first, he’s lost, because her shots are going to come out first. If he tries running, she shoots curving bullets that hit him in the back, legs and heart before he even makes it 20 meters. His best bet is literally his observation Haki kicking in so he can make a smokescreen then blast her with sleep gas, hoping she hasn’t flown a kilometer away from the smokescreen and out of his range. That is his win condition. None of his other plants matter other than his smokescreen and sleep bomb, because any other plants die before they hit her or get dodged.
Does that really matter here when Usopp doesn't engage in close combat as deku in the first place? Distracting his enemies is in Usopp's character that's how he defeated all his previous enemies, by baiting them into his traps. Ah yes, btw "
Weaknesses: She can only transform her right arm. Although she can increase the power/speed of her bullets, this puts her Rifle in risk of jamming. Her heroic heart prevents her from using lethal force against some of her enemies, as noted by Deku that she could've shot him in the back to paralyze him but didn't, and the trajectory of her shot towards Overhaul was off by a little bit." Even then, when Usopp is capable of reacting to her bullet, he can also block it, especially his impact wolf is capable of tanking the bullet. You are not one to decide that his win conds doesn't work, Deku has proven time by time that he's an excellent strategist, so what's stopping him from baiting or outsmarting her?
If Usopp acts like he got hit, she shoots another shot into his corpse. She’s spent decades assassinating people, you think she doesn’t know to double tap or will just get tricked cause it looked like he got hit? She shoots backup bullets for her backup bullets. 95% of his Arsenal becomes worthless the moment the fight starts, and unless he instantly recognizes that, he is dead.
You are implying that Usopp won't tank it, as long as it's not a fatal inury, why should he pretend to be dead? "She spent decades assassinating people" just like the CP9 Agents which Usopp snipped who are specifically trained to kill any threat to the World Government. How many cunning, strong and monstrous pirates do you think exist in One piece? plenty of them. CP9 agents are stronger than a skilled marine soldier whose doriki is 10, a normal agent has 50 or more.
When did I say he needed to get in close combat? His win condition is smokescreen > Nagant not flying out of his range > sleep bomb from smoke (and apparently that can be countered by her just holding her breath, unless that description isn’t accurate)
How would you know that weakness? is she apparently omniscient?

Back