• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Usopp vs Lady Nagant (9/11/2)

Usopp wins.

He fires a pop green and puts her to sleep lol.

Usopp has way more versatility and the further the fight goes on it leans more and more towards him.

I can list about 10 win cons for usopp not even joking. Only win con for lady nagant is to shoot him fast and hope it’s a killing shot. Jumping in the air does nothing usopp is too good of a marksman 500 meters is literally nothing. He sniped people hundreds of meters away with a sling shot while wind was blowing crazy like it was nothing.

Usopp has shown incredible marksman skills that outshine Lady Nagant in a heart beat. And some of those are pre timeskip.

his acrobatics allow him to dodge her bullets while sending out aoe attacks like sleep pop greens, fire star, can blind her with a flash dial and if the fight goes up close he can 1-shot her with an impact dial that ignores dura

Usopp FRA joshpiece on some smoke 💨
tenor.gif

Usopp can also hide himself in smoke so he can see Nagant while she can’t see Usopp… but that’s if he can activate his observation haki… or shoot the last time he saw her

That won’t help… since Usopp can put cuffs on someone flying link, link and link
Weaken characters flying slowly, plus Caesar thinking he can just phase through Ussop’s shots.

Plus, the first rock shots on Caesar was to trick him, as Ussop grew an evil grin as Caesar tried to run away.

I mean, if you’re talking about acrobatics and movement, it’s Lady Nagant
I never made the claim usopp had better movement.
She just dealt with that against Deku
And waited for him to come out of the smoke correct? Usopp can see life force/souls with his haki he saw Luffy Law and Sugar kilometers away through stone brick. He can smoke then snipe her… quite easily.

Or smoke near her and snipe her usopp has win cons out of the ass. Nagant has 1 that’s not more likely than any of the usopp ones.

Usopp wins.

He fires a pop green and puts her to sleep lol.

Usopp has way more versatility and the further the fight goes on it leans more and more towards him.

I can list about 10 win cons for usopp not even joking. Only win con for lady nagant is to shoot him fast and hope it’s a killing shot. Jumping in the air does nothing usopp is too good of a marksman 500 meters is literally nothing. He sniped people hundreds of meters away with a sling shot while wind was blowing crazy like it was nothing.

Usopp has shown incredible marksman skills that outshine Lady Nagant in a heart beat. And some of those are pre timeskip.

his acrobatics allow him to dodge her bullets while sending out aoe attacks like sleep pop greens, fire star, can blind her with a flash dial and if the fight goes up close he can 1-shot her with an impact dial that ignores dura
Did you miss the part where she can avoid his shots too? And unlike him, her shots aren’t equalized in speed and are faster than his reactions?

This fight lasting long depends solely on Usopp not dying within the first minute because he’s getting all of his movements predicted and shot from impossible angles by someone that doesn’t even have Haki.

Versatility means nothing if you get shot a dozen times before you can even pull out your ammo. She can snipe him from anywhere within 3 km from impossible angles off intelligence alone, just saying “he shoots thing and it hits and he wins” is ridiculous, especially taking into account Nagant would be able to react to his shots far easier than he could react to hers.

Yes, shooting and killing very fast is a good win con. Especially when she can curve her bullets around corners to hit him from any angle while outside his own range.

Jumping in the air and giving her unrestricted access to his location to constantly barrage him with attacks until he uses smoke to hide, then sniping or dodging any projectiles he shoots at her before they even get within 100 meters of her isn’t good?

I’m sorry, but just saying “he’s very good at shooting, he shot with wind blowing” isn’t swaying my opinion. When Lady Nagant is, in the middle of the night, while it’s raining, by sheer skill, predicting and sniping someone with literal precognition around buildings by pre-firing curved shots several hundred meters away before he has even got to where she’s predicted him to be, while not even at her max distance of 3 km, and only getting caught because he blitzed her with a speed amp with any other attempt of leaving the smoke leading to his death, I am not impressed by “he shot people from hundreds of meters away.”

Usopp does not win in range whatsoever. His best feat is a kilometer. She was sniping a character with precognition and some of the best analytical feats in the series from that same distance while it was raining at night and was winning. Her effective range is 3 km, far better than his. The only reason he has a chance is his versatility, which even then needs to actually land to matter, which is hard when she can literally propel herself like a RWBY character out of danger.

Acrobatics? Are you kidding? She could predict the movements of a flying green child bouncing between buildings at night, but she’s supposed to be able to miss Usopp? Deku has acrobatic feats and showings that Usopp could only dream of before he got the ability to literally fly, but was getting absolutely stomped on by Nagant even in close range until he started blitzing her. She would predict every movement Usopp can make and shoot 3 shots at him before he could even register the first 2.

Your argument boils down to “he avoids her shots and uses smoke then wins because he fires from the smoke.” While completely skipping over the part where she kills him at the beginning because he can’t avoid her shots. Someone astronomically more agile than him, who also had actual precognition, was getting absolutely stomped on by Nagant. Why on earth would Usopp ever live past the first minute.

The entire fight is summed up as:

Nagant shoots her gun. Usopp tries to dodge. The bullet curves and hits him anyway, followed by the second and third bullets she fired while he was thinking about the first.

What does he do to not die here.

Why would her attack speed not be =… so her bullets are hundreds of times faster than her. If that’s the case this is a stomp and can’t be added.
What is Usopps maximum range? The size of Dressrosa doesn’t matter, what is the best distance feat he has.
sniping across dressrosa… have you even read the series lol

Why would her attack speed not be =… so her bullets are hundreds of times faster than her. If that’s the case this is a stomp and can’t be added.

sniping across dressrosa… have you even read the series lol
That’s literally what I said earlier, yes. Her bullets blitz people that are comparable to her. It is not fair.

Why is his range only listed as 1 kilometer then? Are you claiming he has higher range than what is on his profile? If so, you should CRT it.

Not impressive compared to Nagant. She would make that shot in her sleep, then send 2 more shots for fun. You are underestimating the absolutely incredible analytical predictions she performed to be able to fight Deku in the manner she did with skill alone, no Haki or special abilities, just raw talent.

Considering Speed Equalization, and I don't see any homing shots. I believe her superior attack range, 3 km vs 1 kilometer and better mobility gives her a good chance here. Smoke isn't going to really help, instead it just makes Usopp a sitting duck while Nagant flies up to like 2 km where he can't hit her. And if he shoots at her while in the smoke, he'll give away his position to her.

She should be more than able to dodge his attacks, although can he remotely detonate his shots for a big AOE?

Her bullets are faster than herself, and with speed equalized that means the bullets are faster than Usopp. His own attacks are not stated on his profile to be faster than his reaction/combat speed so she should be able to avoid them. She can even fire bullets while in front of him, that'll curve around and hit him from behind.

If he tries to avoid it, he'll be instantly hit by a second bullet from another direction. She is capable of rapid fire attacks and possess amazing analytical prediction abilities. Being able to shoot a curving bullet at someone, before they started moving, and still hit them even though they'd moved after she fired.

If Usopp can't sense her bullets, than I easily see him getting shot in the back of the knee by a curving bullet. Like right here, Izuku can't see Nagant but he saw her head in this direction. He can still hear her talking from that direction, but a bullet ends up coming from behind him. The only reason Izuku can avoid her shots is because of Danger Sense, which is basically spider sense.

She can also rapid fire as well, unleashing multiple bullets that curve and come from different directions.

I'm voting for Nagant right now, but can someone knowledgeable on Usopp tell me if he'd be able to sense her bullets.

Like, am I the only one seeing a large disparity in skill from thinking hard and using Haki to snipe a kilometer away, vs being at night in the rain and pre-firing shots to curve around buildings to hit a flying mobile target through their precognition? Am I missing something about Usopp’s feat?

That’s literally what I said earlier, yes. Her bullets blitz people that are comparable to her. It is not fair.

Why is his range only listed as 1 kilometer then? Are you claiming he has higher range than what is on his profile? If so, you should CRT it.
Yeah then this a stomp usopp would just get blitzed nothing he can do can a mod close this?

I might i don’t really like making CRTs especially in Op I usually just argue in the main CRTs
Like, am I the only one seeing a large disparity in skill from thinking hard and using Haki to snipe a kilometer away, vs being at night in the rain and pre-firing shots to curve around buildings to hit a flying mobile target through their precognition? Am I missing something about Usopp’s feat?
usopp has feats beyond that one. That’s just a pure range feat. And lol if u wanna talk about sniping somebody with precog usopp has sniped people with observation haki a better precog than literally anything Deku has shown or will show.

Usopp changed his trajectory In mid air aswell… and had an army behind him… he was calculating the wind, size, speed and everything… haki came afterwards where he was fully sure he would hit…(that’s where he learnt observation haki for the first time)

usopp has feats beyond that one. That’s just a pure range feat. And lol if u wanna talk about sniping somebody with precog usopp has sniped people with observation haki a better precog than literally anything Deku has shown or will show.
Before you even go further into this, I hope you understand not all observation Haki is the same. So if you’re about to claim Usopp can snipe people that can see the future, and did so when they weren’t off guard or distracted or whatever BS normally makes people get hit, please bring a panel.

As for your question earlier, no, I do not actively read One Piece. I kept up to the end of I think Doflamingo or something but my memory is hazy.
Usopp changed his trajectory In mid air aswell… and had an army behind him… he was calculating the wind, size, speed and everything… haki came afterwards where he was fully sure he would hit…(that’s where he learnt observation haki for the first time)
Yeah, the problem though, is she does those exact same calculations several times faster and better than him everytime she makes a shot. Her curved shots where she pre fires to hit places her targets aren’t even at yet take so much more calculation than Usopp did in that chapter that it isn’t even comparable.

I don’t understand… so the slower character has an advantage in speed equalized? 🤔
Yes they can, as long as they have a speed amp or something similar and is not a blitz.

If her bullets blitz him, than this match cannot be added to the profiles.

The rules on speed equalization.

The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.
  • Speed Amplification techniques are assumed to grant the same percentile of increase to a character's equalized speeds, as they would to their usual speeds.
Since her bullets are faster than herself, her bullets will be faster than Usopp.

just base observation haki > deku’s precog
I mean, from what I know of Haki, Deku has a very good version of precognition. It is basically permanently active, has kilometers of range and alerts him of the direction of any attack, even if it’s faster than he is. It’s missing the sensing portion of Haki, since it’s reliant on danger to activate, but the ability itself is fairly decent in comparison to base Observation Haki which is infrequent as heck.

I mean, from what I know of Haki, Deku has a very good version of precognition. It is basically permanently active, has kilometers of range and alerts him of the direction of any attack, even if it’s faster than he is. It’s missing the sensing portion of Haki, since it’s reliant on danger to activate, but the ability itself is fairly decent in comparison to base Observation Haki which is infrequent as heck.
I already (I think) showed you how much better even beginner or basic observation haki is better than deku’s Danger sense… intent sensing is danger sensing plus more like knowing when or where the opponent will attack before the attack even has started… that’s just intent sensing… here are a lot more link

But she doesn’t blitz Ussop, so it wouldn’t be a stomp. Or am I missing something?
It's speed equalized but Nagant's bullets are faster than her, and can go faster and can blitz those equal to her speed. Also the range difference although I read in this thread that Usopp's profile is outdated in that regard.

From what i'm gathering her bullets are faster than herself and Usopp, which essentially means she blitz Usopp despite speed is equalized? Sorry, even i'm confused......

So in other words, we are under the assumption that Usopp is unable to react her bullets and kills him, right?

I don't even think Usopp's haki works as precog. It only allowed him to sense presense. Deku's Danger Sense is literal precog in every sense of the word. Nagant FRA. Though this seems like a stomp since Usopp gets blitzed by Nagant's bullets..

I don't even think Usopp's haki works as precog. It only allowed him to sense presense. Deku's Danger Sense is literal precog in every sense of the word. Nagant FRA. Though this seems like a stomp since Usopp gets blitzed by Nagant's bullets..
Deku's danger sense is pseudo-precog, it only allows him to sense danger. Similarly, you could compare it with Spiderman. Also, shouldn't Usopp be capable of dodging the bullets, he managed to dodge Enel's thunder (Enel is naturally faster than him). His natural cowardice of not wanting to be hurt always gave him in-character way better reaction speed than most Straw hats, it should be comparable to Nami's, who dodged her own Thunderbolt tempo.

Usopp is a pirate from the new world, they face people with literal precog far stronger than danger sense on a daily basis, especially Usopp before he entered the new world, sniped skilled assassins from the World government from a distance that was considered entirely impossible and he was undetected for a while, even Robin, Zoro and Sanji didn't know at first that someone is snipping the person who were assigned to execute her.

I'm just talking in general Usopp's precog vs Deku's Danger Sense. Regardless, Usopp is literally a sitting duck. His haki isn't helping him with dodging, only with locating. His "cowardice" can only go so far.

I'm just talking in general Usopp's precog vs Deku's Danger Sense. Regardless, Usopp is literally a sitting duck. His haki isn't helping him with dodging, only with locating. His "cowardice" can only go so far.
His Haki doesn't necessarily need to help him. Since Usopp has dodged things far faster than himself, it's not an exaggeration, because amongst the strawhats Usopp and Nami always felt the weakest because they are in fact still "Humans" by One piece standards. However, we all shouldn't sleep on his durability and endurance feats, he took a 10ton bat straight to the head and survived multiple explosions from Mr.5 and Mr.4 , considering that they are easily stronger than him Usopp survived all that.

If the Ap isn't 1.5x difference, then it is not a stomp nor would Usopp be defeated with just one shot, the 10ton bat is also not an exaggeration either, we saw a "Human" - Zoro who was completely covered with blood and lifted a building as if it weighed nothing. His Observation haki enables him to come up with strategies and spamming his plants such as:
  • Secret Attack, Green Star: Impact Wolf: Ussop fires a seed that quickly grows into the shape of a large wolf. The bulb on its nose releases a stunningly powerful shockwave.
  • Hissatsu Bakusui-Boshi: Emits a large cloud of powerful sleeping gas. (She doesn't resist sleep hax)
  • Midori Boshi: Bamboo Javelin: Usopp fires a large number of fast growing bamboo seeds. The bamboo shoots up out of the ground and injures the enemy. He can use them to defend himself)
Also Usopp can hinder her sight via his Smoke Star, even if she shoot her accuracy will be decreased and Usopp's observation haki allows him to see through the smoke.

However, we all shouldn't sleep on his durability and endurance feats, he took a 10ton bat straight to the head and survived multiple explosions from Mr.5 and Mr.4 , considering that they are easily stronger than him Usopp survived all that.
I mean he scales to Mr. 4 and Mr. 5, so that's no surprise.
If the Ap isn't 1.5x difference, then it is not a stomp nor would Usopp be defeated with just one shot
Sure, but he has no counter to her Analytical Prediction, and her Enhanced Senses, that managed to track a dude with precog. At night. In the rain.
  • Secret Attack, Green Star: Impact Wolf: Ussop fires a seed that quickly grows into the shape of a large wolf. The bulb on its nose releases a stunningly powerful shockwave.
  • Hissatsu Bakusui-Boshi: Emits a large cloud of powerful sleeping gas. (She doesn't resist sleep hax)
  • Midori Boshi: Bamboo Javelin: Usopp fires a large number of fast growing bamboo seeds. The bamboo shoots up out of the ground and injures the enemy. He can use them to defend himself)
Air Walk + the recoil from her gun allows her to easily propel herself and avoid all of these attacks.
Also Usopp can hinder her sight via his Smoke Star, even if she shoot her accuracy will be decreased and Usopp's observation haki allows him to see through the smoke.
Air Walk + Enhanced Senses/Analytical Prediction can easily allow her to just wait out the smoke, and continue firing. Her curved bullets will allow her to hit Usopp, even if he manages to dodge the bullet the first time. She also has rapid fire, so good luck to Usopp dodging all of that at the same time. Trying to dodge the first bullet can and will just lead him to get hit by the second, third, fourth etc etc bullets. They can easily just curve as well. She can also increase the power of her Rifle (risking jamming).

So not only does she already have bullets that are naturally faster than Usopp, they can curve, she has enhanced senses that could read a dude who has precognition, while it was night time, AND in the rain and managed to shoot him before he could even move. Also her analytical prediction. AND she can also amplify the speed/strength of her bullets (with the risk of jamming her bullets).

Also, my previous statement was just referring to this:
I already (I think) showed you how much better even beginner or basic observation haki is better than deku’s Danger sense… intent sensing is danger sensing plus more like knowing when or where the opponent will attack before the attack even has started… that’s just intent sensing… here are a lot more link
All I was saying was that Deku's Danger Sense and Usopp's Haki work completely differently. While Deku's works like actual precog and intent, Usopp's just lets you know of location of present time.

I mean he scales to Mr. 4 and Mr. 5, so that's no surprise.
You are completely missing the point, Usopp wasn't physically stronger than them, nor could he beat them 1 vs 1, we are basically talking about Alabasta Usopp who was more or less a literal human by One piece standards, so i don't know what this point supposed to imply?
Sure, but he has no counter to her Analytical Prediction, and her Enhanced Senses, that managed to track a dude with precog. At night. In the rain.
I asked you a question how does she counter sleep hax, it's not even solid, it's literal gas meant to immobilize those who breath it, her analytical prediction is good and all, but she's not omniscient and usopp managed to outwit people with precog before, regarding deku's precog it only allows him to sense danger and not give him a brief glimpse into the future, sensing emotions, have larger range and can also sense danger (Not all Precog are OP btw, their common weakness is if the said person is faster than them).
Air Walk + Enhanced Senses/Analytical Prediction can easily allow her to just wait out the smoke, and continue firing. Her curved bullets will allow her to hit Usopp, even if he manages to dodge the bullet the first time. She also has rapid fire, so good luck to Usopp dodging all of that at the same time. Trying to dodge the first bullet can and will just lead him to get hit by the second, third, fourth etc etc bullets. They can easily just curve as well. She can also increase the power of her Rifle (risking jamming).
You do remember what i said before, his impact wolf will block all the damage and direct it back to her, it also can walk towards his enemies. Also who says usopp doesn't have ways to block rapid fire beside impact wolf? you are claiming her bullets can pass through everything, how does it react to fire and other weapons Usopp easily get access to it? Flying is good and all, but i'll have you know that Usopp accurately sniped Buffalo and Baby 5, as well as managed to caught Ceaser from far away. Usopp 2 years training consists of hunting animals, including flying animals as well, so it's nothing new to him.

So not only does she already have bullets that are naturally faster than Usopp, they can curve, she has enhanced senses that could read a dude who has precognition, while it was night time, AND in the rain and managed to shoot him before he could even move. Also her analytical prediction. AND she can also amplify the speed/strength of her bullets (with the risk of jamming her bullets).
Thanks for clearing this up. However, Usopp will dodge before she could shoot him, similarly how he dodged Enel's lightning and other things (Cowardice dodge), not claiming he will come out unscathed, but he will immediately realize something is off with the bullets, Usopp has various ways of protecting himself (You are essentially saying that Usopp will just stand there and do nothing after being shot once), furthermore once he uses his sleep hax, amplifying her strength and speed is irrelevant.
All I was saying was that Deku's Danger Sense and Usopp's Haki work completely differently. While Deku's works like actual precog and intent, Usopp's just lets you know of location of present time.
Ah, i see my bad. But you also need to keep in mind that Observation haki enables him to dodge things unconsciously or gives him a brief glimpse into the future at the weirdest times, something that happened to Zoro and Luffy.

Back