• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kiritsugu Emiya vs Lady Nagant

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
This encounter involves Kiritsugu Emiya and Lady Nagant in a battle of snipers taking place in an abandoned city. The starting distance between each other is 600 meters. Kiritsugu has access to his Walther WA2000, Thompson Contender, Origin Bullets and Avalon. Speed is equalized.

Who wins?
Emiya: 0
Nagant: 8
Inconclusive: 0
Emiya_Kiritsugu-0.png

Lady_Nagant_Render.png

Last edited:
Been reading the latest chapters of MHA. Skill wise, Lady Nagant was impressive.

How would Emiya’s Time Amp or Reduction effect the match?

Also, who leads in AP?

They both one-shot each other, as Nagant's Rifle is Low 7-B+ while Emiya's Origin Bullets can ignore durability.

In terms of Marksman skills, Nagant is far superior to Emiya, as she can shoot from 3 kilometers away with perfect precision and predictions, while Emiya's limit is 600 meters, but his Double Accel allows him to increase his speed to the point of almost blitz and his Triple Stagnate slows down his perception of time three times.

Nagant is no sitting duck though, she can fly using Air Walk.

Last edited:
Is there a time limit on the fight? Can Emiya set up explosions mid fight if he hid his presence?

No time limit, but Emiya only has access to his Walther WA2000, as I wanted this battle to be strictly about snipers.

This is an extremely cool match up
Nice pick.

So Emiya has 600m range while Nagant’s max is 3km
Kiritsugu’s best shot at an actual victory would be using his Double Accel to close distance, however this strains him so of course anytime he stops he’d need cover.

However cover may not be good enough when dealing with bullets curving around corners.
Nagant can use Air walk to get some distance higher in the air if she realizes Kiritsugu suddenly closed a lot of the distance between them.
Then bombard Kiritsugu from above with a barrage of curving bullets.
Nagant also can rapid fire her rifle as if she’s using a Semi Automatic rifle, while suffering no loss of accuracy.

Kiritsugu can win if he tags Nagant with an origin bullet using a well timed triple Accel or double Accel if he gets extremely close
But Nagant has more reliable wincons imo
Nagant has my vote

Last edited:
I don’t know when MHA introduced a hot sniper lady named after one of my favorite rifles but I am here for it. If she’s a glass cannon there are some other ideas for matches with her.

Anyway, Kiritsugu’s origin bullet is a pistol round, meaning his sniper is kinda useless here unless he gets a hit without her blocking.

Stomp Kiri can't win he needs his Thomas Contender for firing origin bullets

If he don't have Avalon and at the beginning both sides already know the location of the other, then I can't see him winning, if he have Avalon then is possible because of be able to use more Double Accel to short the distance and increase the chances of hit with origin bullets, if instead both side don't know where the other is then is possible that he sneak and surprise her, with the currents conditions vote to Nagant.

SBA "The characters know the direction their opponent(s) start in. Furthermore, they get knowledge of the character's appearance, equivalent to the knowledge they could have gained if they would have been allowed to briefly observe the form opponent(s) starting in using their senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch (or equivalent)."

If they have line of sight on each other at the start then I think Nagant wins. Her ranged attacks are superior to Kiritsugu thanks to her analytical prediction, curving bullets, and ability to rapid fire her rifle. Nagant would move around the buildings while flying, hiding around corners, and firing bullets that'll come from behind. Without any advance warning ability, I don't see how he'd be able to avoid or even know such a shot was coming.

He cannot rapid fire his sniper and it'd be annoying to try and hit a mobile target like Nagant, who can propel herself with the recoil of her rifle. If he loses sight of her he might be able to locate her with his thermal scanner, but it wouldn't warn him about a bullet coming from behind. She is more likely to hit him before he can hit her.

His best chance would be to use double accel to enter a building, and break line of sight. Nagant wouldn't go inside and would predict where he was, or try to see him through a window. She's good at predicting but I imagine Kiritsugu would be extra cautious after that exchange with her, he'd be ready to use double accel to dodge her shots.

But he cannot use it forever, since even double accel ruptures blood vessels and causes bone fractures. But if he does manage to lose her, he'd be able to land a shot as long as he's able to fire at her without her noticing him. But that's only if he manages to lose her, I see her landing a kill shot before that'll happen.

So I'm voting for Lady Nagant via better range, analytical prediction, curving bullets, and rapid fire attacks.

Wait this shit's actually pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if Kiritsugu can really stand a chance with the AP Dis, after all his one shot stuff only comes from him Thompson Contender, not his own sniper rifle

Anyways, does Kiritsugu get Avalon or nah? Without it he's gonna have some real trouble, but with it Nagant is basically required to get a headshot

Going to assume not.

TBH, kinda think its a stomp in Nagant’s favor, unless Emiya can manage to hide well enough to make it close quarters, a strict sniper vs sniper is basically impossible. It’s not even specified if it’s day or night which would help stealthing.

Nagant is a glass cannon, she should go down if he can land a sniper round into her head. No he does not have Avalon, as the OP did not specify that he did.

However I don't believe Avalon would be a guaranteed win for Kiritsugu. Since it doesn't heal massive wounds instantly, and a shot through the head would kill him instantly. Even if she landed a shot in his limbs, her bullet would likely blow the limb off or severely damage it. Which would take a few seconds to heal, that could let her land a headshot.

Kiritsugu wouldn't be able to blitz her with Triple or Square accel, since the first thing she's going to do is fly up high at the start of the match. It'd be difficult for him to get close to a opponent in mid air. His bullets don't increase in speed with his time magic right? He also doesn't use those right away, he usually sticks with double accel unless he has to, from what I've seen of Fate Zero.

He'd have a reasonable chance with Avalon, but I'd still vote for Nagant.

I assumed it was daytime.

Kiritsugu has now access to Avalon. Lady Nagant is a glass canon so the Walther WA2000 should work.

Hm, Kiritsugu doesn’t have the Calico, so even if he gets close all he has is the Thompson, but if he stays at a range, the ability to curve bullets is like. Big.

But, unlike many matchups I’ve expressed my opinion about, Kiritsugu doesn’t need to worry about going south when he’s attacking at close range, where things get harder to dodge regardless of your speed, especially when attacking. Since Kiritsugu has a handgun, he doesn’t need to stay at super close range to suffer that consequence and because Nagant has a unwieldy, large rifle she needs to swing around- she’d have a tougher time dealing him at that range.

Getting close is Kiritsugu’s win condition. The question is if he can do it. He’d first access how outmatched he is at long range- assuming they start in buildings or something Kiritsugu should survive a hit and take cover. If he’s out in the street, well he’s screwed. What he can do though, is by changing his speed to Double and back to normal, he can make his pattern of zipping from building to building less predictable. Real life snipers are careful planners, they’re really, really patient to make sure they don’t miss at all- and if it isn’t clear they’ll get a shot in, they won’t take it. If Kiritsugu’s too unpredictable with his current speed, Nagant won’t have an easy time hitting him. Another thing he can do is switch from location to location while sniping, say, fire from one window- then Accel to a different windows to fire from there, Nagant would have to focus on the first one but gets hit by the other.

Kiritsugu’s speed would also make it hard to hit the head. If she targets anywhere else and hits, Kiritsugu’d likely take cover before she can get a headshot in

But, really, Nagant in the advantage the ENTIRE time until Kiritsugu gets on the same building as her, and this isn’t even counting Air Walk, though doing that does put her in an open spot where Kiritsugu can much easily get a hit in.

What matters is stealth though, if one gets the jump on the other, it’s a stomp. Kiritsugu’s speed lets him change hiding spots much quicker than Nagant does, but Air Walk negates this since there’s buildings, Kiritsugu can’t aim upwards without making himself exposed, and we’ve established that Nagant has better long range capabilities.

I’m a big fan of strategy beating disadvantages, but that’s not how VS Battles works where we try to figure out who is more likely to win than seeing what big brain strat one can come up with to beat the other in that one alternate universe out of like 50 others where they get bodied. Nagant Mid Diff

Um what do you mean, that should've started the grace period.

TheRustyOne, Smashtwig, Popted, Epiccheev, Planck69, SOULOFCINDER, and GlaceonGamez.

Could you not tell I was voting Nagant even if Kiritisugu had Avalon, I even wrote down my reason.

TheRustyOne, Smashtwig, Popted, Epiccheev, Planck69, SOULOFCINDER, and GlaceonGamez.

Could you not tell I was voting Nagant even if Kiritisugu had Avalon, I even wrote down my reason.
sorry i didn't know you voted too

i didn't read all the messages

I also think Nagant FRA even with the addition of Avalon
So you may as well add me too to the list of people voting for her

Why is this not a stomp? He can only damage her using origin bullet, and he can only use that on a pistol.....

Back