• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using a bad idea to test the waters for a worse idea. (Ganondorf vs Wang Lin)

InfiniteSped said:
Can't people just say what the match is in the title instead of all this "this is a bad idea" spam bs
No, because that would be too easy. People have to say it in the titles instead of the post itself so the posts all look the same

I don't think he BFRs, this version of Ganon isn't smart enough to try something like that anytime soon. The only things we see botched resurrection Ganon do is teleportation, energy projection, trident attacks, and that spatial bending thing where he reverses your movements for a brief while. Also am I missing something in regards to Nascent Soul Wang Lin? Because his profile lists that key at 5-C not High 6-A.

Wang Lin, like all the other protagonists, is very overpowered for his stage and can fight people much stronger. His Nascent Soul is equal to Spirit Severing, while his Core Formation is equal to Nascent Soul.

All of Wang Lin's feats for his High 6-A key come from when he was at the Nascent Soul stage and as his ap states he has a chance at beating Soul Formation cultivators only with prep. But he does have some abilities (and I believe some defenses aswell) that work on Soul Formation cultivators.

oh wait, this is botched resurrection ganon. Okay, so he opens with like, reality warping shit, but that doesn't really help offensively

Does Botched Resurrection Ganon have anything else? I picked him because I thought that was his strongest High 6-A version.

Dienomite22 said:
All of Wang Lin's feats for his High 6-A key come from when he was at the Nascent Soul stage and as his ap states he has a chance at beating Soul Formation cultivators only with prep. But he does have some abilities (and I believe some defenses aswell) that work on Soul Formation cultivators.
You're looking at his third key, Core Formation:

• Likely Multi-Continent level (Even when dividing his divine sense into 1000 parts, each is at Peak Core level cultivators), likely higher with Heaven Opening Techniques (It's a summon made entire of spiritual energy which reaches the clouds, its simple attacks destroy anything to nothing but light particles. Made the entire Country of Zhao tremble). Moon level via preparation (His restrictions harmed characters comparable to Hunchback Meng, and he plain states to have a chance to beat Soul Formatio cultivators)
His Nascent Soul key is:

But why does his Core Formation key have feats from when Wang Lin was at the Nascent Soul stage in it's reasoning key? Teng Huayan was Nascent Soul stage and the Country of Zhao tremble and Heaven Opening Techniques stuff happened when Wang Lin was at the Nascent Soul stage. Wouldn't that mean Teng Huayan is 5-C?

Dienomite22 said:
Does Botched Resurrection Ganon have anything else? I picked him because I thought that was his strongest High 6-A version.
Yeah botched resurrection Ganon is his strongest key in terms of raw power, but his intelligence is really low in this state and his mindset in battle is teleportation, energy Projection, basic trident slashes, and at some point he'll do some reality warping stuff that reverses his opponents movements for a while. Plus his AP advantage over his other High 6-A version is pretty small anyway.

InfiniteSped said:
Not sure, you should ask Zara
I take it back, I believe I was correct the first time.

Wang Lin's Nascent Soul stage is his High 6-A tier and 5-C with prep for being able to potentially kill a Soul Formation aka 1st Spirit Severing cultivator.

Soul Formation/Soul Transformation is 1st and 2nd Spirit Severing stage respectively. And his 5-C tier comes from when he was at the Soul Transformation stage.

Wang Lin is missing a Core Formation Country level AP tier which should be between his 6-C and High 6-A key.

Also, his Soul Transformation key should just be called Spirit Severing since it's a mesh of his Soul Transformation and Soul Formation stages as of right now.

Dust Collector said:
Yeah botched resurrection Ganon is his strongest key in terms of raw power, but his intelligence is really low in this state and his mindset in battle is teleportation, energy Projection, basic trident slashes, and at some point he'll do some reality warping stuff that reverses his opponents movements for a while. Plus his AP advantage over his other High 6-A version is pretty small anyway.
Perhaps I should use his first High 6-A key to make it more fair?

According to Risci, Wang Lin is going to be revised in the near future so this match will likely have to be put on hold

@Nepuko

I don't understand how Wang's High 6-A key works because it seems to take stuff from when Wang Lin was at the Nascent Soul stage. I'll ask about it in the discussion thread when I have time.

Dienomite22 said:
@Nepuko
I don't understand how Wang's High 6-A key works because it seems to take stuff from when Wang Lin was at the Nascent Soul stage. I'll ask about it in the discussion thread when I have time.
If you're talking about the Heaven Opening Technique that was in his Core Key, that was a mistake.

Back