• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Demon King battles the Ghost of Sparta: Ganondorf vs Kratos (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see Ganon using his summons in that way, it's not unlikely by any means but given that he used them pretty much to back him up in close combat I doubt he'd use them as pawns just to see what Kratos is capable of. Plus while not out of character for this incarnation of Ganon to use, he's probably not summoning his knights at the start of the fight, he didn't start using them until round 3 of a 4 round fight with Link.
Again you are forgetting his genius intelligence. Seriously he is fighting a weaker character he would just use his summons because of his pride see what kratos can do and bfr him. That’s the only win con for ganon is it likely to happen yes so my vote goes to ganon for now.

Last edited:
Again you are forgetting his genius intelligence. Seriously he is fighting a weaker character he would just use his summons because of his pride see what kratos can do and bfr him. That’s the only win con for ganon is it likely to happen yes so my vote goes to canon for now.
Bro I'm the one that wrote up his intelligence section, I ain't forgetting how smart the man is. He could very well just send out his summons instead of fighting himself if he thinks it's not worth his time but he's not gonna gleam how dangerous Kratos is from it, Kratos wrecking their shit isn't gonna make Ganon think "Oh shit I gotta throw him into a another dimension" because those knights are basically fodder, Kratos can just kill them by hitting them with normal attacks and even if he used other abilities I don't think Ganon's gonna jump straight to BFR.

Let's say Kratos uses poseidons rage to vaporize the knights, all Ganon is gonna get from that is that Kratos has electricity powers, not a remotely threatening ability as far as he'd be concerned from seeing Kratos using it against someone else, if Kratos uses the arms of Hades to drag the knights into the underworld he's not gonna care because he could just teleport back, if he sees Kratos use transmutation he's not think anything of it since he resists transmutation and has no way of knowing Kratos' hax is all 4-D that'd **** him up regardless. Kratos instantly kills those knights and Ganon is not gonna think BFR is necessary after he does so.

Again, not out of the question that he'd try BFR at some point provided he doesn't get screwed over by Kratos' annihilating his soul or something, but it's not as likely as you're making it out to be.

Bro I'm the one that wrote up his intelligence section, I ain't forgetting how smart the man is. He could very well just send out his summons instead of fighting himself if he thinks it's not worth his time but he's not gonna gleam how dangerous Kratos is from it, Kratos wrecking their shit isn't gonna make Ganon think "Oh shit I gotta throw him into a another dimension" because those knights are basically fodder, Kratos can just kill them by hitting them with normal attacks and even if he used other abilities I don't think Ganon's gonna jump straight to BFR.

Let's say Kratos uses poseidons rage to vaporize the knights, all Ganon is gonna get from that is that Kratos has electricity powers, not a remotely threatening ability as far as he'd be concerned from seeing Kratos using it against someone else, if Kratos uses the arms of Hades to drag the knights into the underworld he's not gonna care because he could just teleport back, if he sees Kratos use transmutation he's not think anything of it since he resists transmutation and has no way of knowing Kratos' hax is all 4-D that'd **** him up regardless. Kratos instantly kills those knights and Ganon is not gonna think BFR is necessary after he does so.
But doesn’t kratos start with soul hax? I am pretty sure ganon can sense how potent the magic is like he did in the games. He would sense it and think that such power is too dangerous and try and get rid of him.

Again, not out of the question that he'd try BFR at some point provided he doesn't get screwed over by Kratos' annihilating his soul or something, but it's not as likely as you're making it out to be.
Doesn’t he just send link to different place and dimensions just to screw around? Why even bother fighting kratos instead just send him away doesn’t he do that to weaker characters it’s either summoning or bfr.

But doesn’t kratos start with soul hax? I am pretty sure ganon can sense how potent the magic is like he did in the games. He would sense it and think that such power is too dangerous and try and get rid of him.
Ganon can't sense shit like that, he's not gonna know that Kratos' can destroy souls he'd at best sense how strong it is and not worry since it's tens of times weaker than his own magic and even then he resists soul manipulation normally so he's not gonna know that Kratos' 4-D conceptual soul hax is gonna do him in, he'd assume he's gonna resist it just fine.

Doesn’t he just send link to different place and dimensions just to screw around? Why even bother fighting kratos instead just send him away doesn’t he do that to weaker characters it’s either summoning or bfr.
No he's never BFR'd Link just to screw around, he did it once when backed into a corner. The only other time he used BFR on a weaker character was Phantom Ganon and that's because it was a minion that failed him.

Ganon can't sense shit like that, he's not gonna know that Kratos' can destroy souls he'd at best sense how strong it is and not worry since it's tens of times weaker than his own magic and even then he resists soul manipulation normally so he's not gonna know that Kratos' 4-D conceptual soul hax is gonna do him in, he'd assume he's gonna resist it just fine.

No he's never BFR'd Link just to screw around, he did it once when backed into a corner. The only other time he used BFR on a weaker character was Phantom Ganon and that's because it was a minion that failed him.
so let me understand Dust, do you think that Kratos has more chances of winning this match?

if so i will vote for him

so let me understand Dust, do you think that Kratos has more chances of winning this match?
I think he does have a bigger chance. His information analysis and sensing is gonna let him know he needs to go for something to kill him quick and he has the means of doing it more reliably then Ganondorf has of killing him (Ganon needs one good hit to win but he's gonna have a harder time with that then Kratos will getting his hax off on him). It's not impossible for Ganon last long enough to decide BFR is the best option he has but I think more times than not he dies before either landing a solid hit or throwing Kratos to another dimension.

I think he does have a bigger chance. His information analysis and sensing is gonna let him know he needs to go for something to kill him quick and he has the means of doing it more reliably then Ganondorf has of killing him (Ganon needs one good hit to win but he's gonna have a harder time with that then Kratos will getting his hax off on him). It's not impossible for Ganon last long enough to decide BFR is the best option he has but I think more times than not he dies before either landing a solid hit or throwing Kratos to another dimension.
Wouldn’t his summons give him an opening to be be shot him? I mean he has the range to do that. If one hit is all he needs he would just do it. Wouldn’t his aoe shockwaves like in the games just work? What about his aoe attacks?

Wouldn’t his summons give him an opening to be be shot him? I mean he has the range to do that. If one hit is all he needs he would just do it. Wouldn’t his aoe shockwaves like in the games just work? What about his aoe attacks?
Maybe? If he does start off with summons he could potentially score a hit if the knights distract Kratos enough, but Ganons aoe shockwaves aren't particularly impressive range wise, they go a few meters.

Yeah uh Kratos kinda violates based on what was said above.

Though, I believe I heard stuff like "Soul destruction on a conceptual level" which kinda screwed with my mind. How does this even work? Destroying the soul of a concept?

Though, I believe I heard stuff like "Soul destruction on a conceptual level" which kinda screwed with my mind. How does this even work? Destroying the soul of a concept?
Poseidon's Rage, an AoE attack that Kratos uses very liberally, can destroy creatures comprised only of their soul, with souls being containing of a type 3 concept in the God of War universe

Maybe? If he does start off with summons he could potentially score a hit if the knights distract Kratos enough, but Ganons aoe shockwaves aren't particularly impressive range wise, they go a few meters.
What about when he shakes all of hyrule with his shockwaves that should work. Like I said ganon is prideful he would start with summons, then one shot trough an opening that’s pretty much it. So yes I am voting ganon.
Yeah uh Kratos kinda violates based on what was said above.

Not quite Ganon can one shot or bfr and he is most definitely starting with summons then one shotting with his aoe range attacks.

Kratos' offensive options either deconstruct one's mind. body, soul and concept, nullify their powers, drag them to the Underworld or turn them transmute them to zombies and take away their powers.

And he has time stop. Just, throwing that out there.

What about when he shakes all of hyrule with his shockwaves that should work. Like I said ganon is prideful he would start with summons, then one shot trough an opening that’s pretty much it. So yes I am voting ganon.
His shockwaves have never shaken all of Hyrule, a weaker version of him caused a mild earthquake across Hyrule that at best made normal people go "oh shit what's happening" but that's the best you're gonna get from him shaking Hyrule, his actual damaging aoe shockwaves aren't overly impressive in terms of range (And he doesn't even use them much).

Also why are you so adamant on summons being the guaranteed first thing he'll use because of pride? Hell, Kratos deals with packs of monsters attacking him at once all the time so I don't think it's gonna be as useful for making an opening as you think it will.

And he has time stop. Just, throwing that out there.
Time stop is the biggest reason I think Kratos take it, it's way easier for him to stop time then stroll up to Ganon and annihilate him then it is for Ganon to set up a situation that ensures he'll land a hit, and I see Kratos deciding to use time stop before Ganon can resort to something like BFR.

His shockwaves have never shaken all of Hyrule, a weaker version of him caused a mild earthquake across Hyrule that at best made normal people go "oh shit what's happening" but that's the best you're gonna get from him shaking Hyrule, his actual damaging aoe shockwaves aren't overly impressive in terms of range (And he doesn't even use them much).

Also why are you so adamant on summons being the guaranteed first thing he'll use because of pride? Hell, Kratos deals with packs of monsters attacking him at once all the time so I don't think it's gonna be as useful for making an opening as you think it will.

Time stop is the biggest reason I think Kratos take it, it's way easier for him to stop time then stroll up to Ganon and annihilate him then it is for Ganon to set up a situation that ensures he'll land a hit, and I see Kratos deciding to use time stop before Ganon can resort to something like BFR.
But Ganon has ranged aoe attacks he would just use that from a range and that’s the only win con I see. Summons as a distraction and then used a powerful aoe attack from a range.

But Ganon has ranged aoe attacks he would just use that from a range and that’s the only win con I see. Summons as a distraction and then used a powerful aoe attack from a range.
His ranged attacks for the most part aren't aoe, they're simple projectiles most of the time. Sometimes they have some pretty good aoe (Like when he unleashed a blast of lightning that pulped hyrule castle) but for the most part he's likely to shoot projectiles.

His ranged attacks for the most part aren't aoe, they're simple projectiles most of the time. Sometimes they have some pretty good aoe (Like when he unleashed a blast of lightning that pulped hyrule castle) but for the most part he's likely to shoot projectiles.
Which version of ganon is this? Wouldn’t he just use lightning or other aoe attacks to finish the fight? Like Ganon doesn’t play around he would just use a powerful aoe attack and get it over with which is very likely for him to do so my vote goes to ganon.

Which version of ganon is this?
twilight princess Ganon as it states in the OP

Wouldn’t he just use lightning or other aoe attacks to finish the fight? Like Ganon doesn’t play around he would just use a powerful aoe attack and get it over with which is very likely for him to do so my vote goes to ganon.
He could use an aoe attack if pushed far enough (Although the question would be if he survives long enough to try it), plus again it's not exactly a common tactic for Ganon to just nuke the surrounding area to kill his opponent, this version of Ganon has used the funny aoe lightning blast but looking at his fight it's not gonna be his opening move. Before he used that he first flew around shooting light orbs and creating pillars of light , then transformed into his beast form and started just bull rushing Link and teleporting around, and then he decided to use the lightning blast (And even then it took a short while for the lightning to do anything, Kratos will have ample time to get out of reach) and after that he didn't try it again.

Kratos FRA. Way too haxxed and way too skilled with a crapton of options. Also, Amulet isn't just Time Manip, it's also Age Manip, Causality Manip, Precog, ESP, Info Analysis and Stat Reduction.

Kratos FRA. Way too haxxed and way too skilled with a crapton of options. Also, Amulet isn't just Time Manip, it's also Age Manip, Causality Manip, Precog, ESP, Info Analysis and Stat Reduction.
that means ganondorf isn't even landing a hit on kratos even tho he has power adv

stomp???

that means ganondorf isn't even landing a hit on kratos even tho he has power adv

stomp???
Ganon certainly could, it's just that Kratos is a lot more triggerhappy with his hax while Ganon would most likely try to brush off the threat as meaningless when in reality that would be an instant death sentence for him.

stomp???
Kratos is more skilled but like, it's not as obscene as one would make it out to be. Ganondorf can kill him with a slap and BFR him with a thought.

So, Kratos haxxes but Ganon is far from helpless.

Kratos is more skilled but like, it's not as obscene as one would make it out to be. Ganondorf can kill him with a slap and BFR him with a thought.

So, Kratos haxxes but Ganon is far from helpless.
How can he physically hit someone who is more skilled, precog and knows all about him and could/will hax him the moment he gets close? Only real threat I see is bfr, though my thoughts on fights like this clearly differ from others but Ganon's behaviour would male it even worse in my opinion. Though it seems it's not a stomp in the eyes of majority so it's whatever.

Last edited:
Grace be over, I'll add the fight to the profiles, assuming Ganon is unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back