• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Urban Warfare in the City of Eternal Nights Assassination 8 (Ichiban Kasuga vs Aang)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
AhGwrpj.jpg

"Eight days have passed since a mysterious group of 16 individuals entered the forsaken Metropolis of decadence.
The quiet night of the Goverment buildings is where our fateful encounter happens.
A clash of Executives and Capos is upon us. Soon,
Death will occur upon these streets."

Note: Season 2 Aang is used

Last edited:
Does Aang create the elements he bends, or does he need to harness them from the environment?

So the only bending Aang has access to that will reasonably harm Kasuga is earth bending. And Aang has 9-A durability and the water and earth shields which grant him 8-C durability. One of the deciding factors is if Kasuga is skilled enough to properly dodge Aang's attacks.

Well if Aang is a glass cannon this might be possible to debate. I should say after looking at Ichiban's profile he might need a couple of additions possibly. Ichiban actually has a skill in-game called Peerless Resolve that lets him survive an attack that would kill him and outright two shot him in the post game True Final Millennium Tower

Aang should also have access to airbending since, well, air is everywhere.

Under some circumstances he might even use fire and water depending on the degree of environmental damage obtained and if they were to move into the sewers or something.

Okay so for skill feats for Ichiban its a bit wonky so bare with me. Also even with that base AP of Ichiban he can amp himself even further via his Heat Mode. Like everyone worth anything in Yakuza can do that lol.

Ichiban and his party take on Kiryu in Yakuza 7, the cutscene after the boss fight has Kiyru somewhat injured compared to Ichiban's team who are totally gassed out. Nevertheless afterwards Kiryu openly praises Ichiban's skill as a fighter and states that'd be the real deal eventually. Now to give further context for Kiyru's skill as a fighter we can find some stupid feats for him even as far back as 0

In 0 Kiryu even at the start could take on whole groups of thugs armed with weapons and makes 3 different fighting styles on the fly just like that and masters them all within the span of a few weeks. Plus he fights in the bed of styx with opponents that have hyper competent backgrounds such as "An infamous brawler skilled in karate. He worked in the criminal underworld as a mercenary and executioner terminating the lives of countless yakuza. Although he was said to have died in a one-on-one fight with a certain individual, here he is now, ready to reclaim his crown." and others who had a 80 match win streak where they killed all of their foes in a fight.

Plus in all Yakuza games Kiryu defeats the Amon clan time and time again, these guys are a generations spanning clan of the world's greatest assassins on Earth who spend decades learning martial arts and killing techniques and also employ stuff like helicopters to lay down gunfire or drones to drop explosives and Kiryu defeated them each time. Ichiban is able to perform a similar feat by defeating Shin Amon and the latter openly commends Ichiban as Kiyru's successor. To clarify further Yakzua 0 takes place in 1988 and 7 is all the way in 2019 so Kiyru is needless to say extremely skilled, granted Ichiban's not an equal but he's certainly earned their approval which is a big feat in and of itself. Also worth mentioning Ichiban can summon Kiryu to nail Aang with an attack too

also, aang has avatar state, tho it's very weak and he can't control it correctly.

if things go south for him, he can use it to save his life, as he did when he escaped the fire nation 100 years before the series

Okay so my post didn't come thru it seems

How skilled is Aang again? Yakuza skill feats can be pretty bonkers iirc

Okay guess I'll do more talking then.

Ichiban has vastly higher LS (Class 5 vs Superhuman), so he can defo grapple Aang. Like Kiryu Ichiban makes frequent use of wrestling moves like Release German Suplex so he'll be able to pull them off if he gets hold of Aang. Also Ichiban can close the AP gap via Heat Mode, his armours and buffing himself up like any Yakuza protag. Also his skill Peerless Resolve lets him survive hits that can one hit kill him anyway. Skill wise I still need to find out what Aang's capable of because again Yakuza has some pretty good feats.

Overall I'm leaning on Ichiban here right now. I know Aang likes to dart around but Ichiban can dodge his attacks and eventually get in close and dish out the pain, worst case he can call down a satellite laser on him. Also he can summon Kiryu, Majima, Saejima or Daigo and the other patriarchs to just tag him.

Okay guess I'll do more talking then.

Ichiban has vastly higher LS (Class 5 vs Superhuman), so he can defo grapple Aang. Like Kiryu Ichiban makes frequent use of wrestling moves like Release German Suplex so he'll be able to pull them off if he gets hold of Aang. Also Ichiban can close the AP gap via Heat Mode, his armours and buffing himself up like any Yakuza protag. Also his skill Peerless Resolve lets him survive hits that can one hit kill him anyway. Skill wise I still need to find out what Aang's capable of because again Yakuza has some pretty good feats.

Overall I'm leaning on Ichiban here right now. I know Aang likes to dart around but Ichiban can dodge his attacks and eventually get in close and dish out the pain, worst case he can call down a satellite laser on him. Also he can summon Kiryu, Majima, Saejima or Daigo and the other patriarchs to just tag him.
but, aang wouldn't let himself get grappled, he can and will make air shields, rock shields, even water shields to protect himself, so that's a big no

also, aang doesn't like killing so his wincon is via incap, which he can do by trapping him in a water bubble, since ichiban is a human being. he will just run out of breath and eventually start to drown, making it a incap win for aang.

also, heat mode makes him above 8-C, so that shouldn't be allowed. even if it is, it's really unlikely for him to evaporate the water since heat mode is not really fire manip

overall, aang should be able to hold him down with water and earthbending because of his higher ap, and incap him quickly

my vote goes to aang

Wouldn't it be difficult for Aang to find water to use? Unless he can affect the one running through the tubes and the sewers of the city.

Wouldn't it be difficult for Aang to find water to use? Unless he can affect the one running through the tubes and the sewers of the city.
considering they are fighting in a city, water shouldn't really be a problem to gather. sewers or even water tanks are very common and abundant in urban places

Ichiban can summon Kiryu, Majima, Saejima or Daigo and the patriarchs to mow Aang down while he's trying to deal with him. Or call up a bunch of other summons to damage and debuff Aang. Or call a satalite laser on his ass with just the press of a button.

Heat mode I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed atm unless the match rules forbade it, it doesn't make Ichiban a higher tier it just means he AP amps himself. Like Kiryu does that shit in every other game too.

Ichiban can summon Kiryu, Majima, Saejima or Daigo and the patriarchs to mow Aang down while he's trying to deal with him. Or call up a bunch of other summons to damage and debuff Aang. Or call a satalite laser on his ass with just the press of a button.

Heat mode I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed atm unless the match rules forbade it, it doesn't make Ichiban a higher tier it just means he AP amps himself. Like Kiryu does that shit in every other game too.
ah, i see. that would be a problem...

but aang by the end of season 2 (aang we are using atm) pretty much mastered earthbending, and he can use two elements at the same time, after all he is the avatar

so he using concrete to defend himself against the summons or even destroying them while still trapping ichiban in the water bubble is fair game.

and though aang is indeed a glass cannon, he has shown to be very smart and cautious in battle, so he wouldn't get hit easily

but yeah, even though ichiban is hella strong, the only way he can win is by using his summons

yes, always been
I see, well, if that's the case then by the speed equalization rules, Aang should be able to dodge, since he has always been shown to dodge and tag people comparable to him in speed (like Zuko and Toph), he has great reactions so yeah, he can definitely dodge that satellite (also he needs to use his phone, so if we use the water bubble thing, the poor phone would already be waterclogged lol).

Here's the speed equal rule btw:
  • The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.
    • Speed Amplification techniques are assumed to grant the same percentile of increase to a character's equalized speeds, as they would to their usual speeds.

Also, Aang wouldn't let Ichiban get close, since he always uses extended distances to fight. His airbending would make him nigh-impossible to tag, since he would be flying and always having the high ground. His amazing earthbending defenses (earthbending makes his dura go from 9-A to 8-C+) plus airbending to dodge Ichiban's summons (also, from what I saw they were using normal guns, so even then, considering that both Aang and Ichiban are MHS, he can and will dodge those easily) and waterbending to incap.

Overall, that's my take on this battle.

even if ichiban tagged him with the laser or whatever, he could tank it low-mid diff

Right so

That waterbending stuff won't affect Ichiban's phone, the guy can get electrocuted, set on fire, frozen in place, made to bleed profusely etc by various attacks and still use it perfectly fine to call people up. Never mind the fact that said currents won't touch Ichiban due to him using shockwaves with just him simply swinging his bat, why can't Ichiban just say no to being bubbled via LS? Did Aang ever open with that in a fight? Also last I checked aren't they in central park?

Also Aang mastering stuff quickly isn't all that impressive in the grand scheme of things compared to Yakuza skill feats, Kiryu in 0 was a 20 year old who even then mastered three wholly different styles of martial arts in like a week or so and could casually fodderise highly trained warriors that went 80 deathmatches without a loss as well as a giant bear and later a pair of tigers. Then by the time of LaD (1988 to 2019) the guy had foddered the Amon clan on the regular, these guys are the world's greatest assassins who spent their entire lives learning martial arts and killing techniques and they were clapped each time. Ichiban himself does that as well and the Amon in that game even outright calls Ichiban being worthy of Kiryu's successor and the man himself even if Ichiban got slapped hard by him due to his inner turmoil and needing to learn more. So tbh Ichiban is way more skilled in a fight than Aang is at this point by a long shot.

Worst case if this goes to the tenth round Ichiban will hang on a lot longer via better stamina, peerless resolve letting him survive hits that can one or two shot him. From what I'm seeing he only needs one decisive hit anyway to put Aang out and the satellite can be used again and again with just the push of a button and I'm gonna need proof that Aang can multitask while he's dodging that plus dealing with Kiryu etc showing up plus trying to incap Kasuga cheers

Back