• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade for Bill Cipher's regen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Just something I've noticed, as I'm watching Weirdmageddon on Disney XD right now, but if his incantation allowed him eventually be able to regenerate after the erasure of Stan's mind, wouldn't that be High Godly Regenerationn, given that he'd regenerate from the collapse of a universe and his existence?

Perhaps. I am uncertain if a dreamworld erasure would count as a reality collapsing, but Mid-Godly might work.

It was a memory wipe, if his mind was destroyed he would've died, completely.

Besides im not even entirely convinced AXOLOTL can be used for combat purposes.

I don't see this as High-Godly at all personally. Just mid-godly.

And AXOLOTL is likely not useable for combat purposes, seeing as Bill doesn't just show up a month later and murder them all again

Well, Gravity Falls take place in a summer, and the summer ends in the final, one month later is out of show.. So, we don't know if Bill really just show up a month later and murder them all.

And if that Twitter of Alex Hirsch is canon, Bill can have a Type 6 of immortality, too.

And, this is a nice text of the wikia:

Bill's potential return is further implied in the Cipher Hunt, where Alex Hirsch warns the treasure hunters never to shake the statue's hand, even though he should be dead (Ironically, the group that found Bill shook his hand), as well as Stanley's final message to the hunters, beginning with him singing "We'll Meet Agai" (what Bill sang in the finale) and even urging the hunters to shake Bill's hand as a congratulations, implying that Bill is alive and using his body to speak at periods.

Even more unsettling is the fact that the photo of Alex's voices (Stan, Soos, and Fiddleford) can be illuminated by a blacklight - this reveals Bill, alive, saying "STAY PARANOID!" and adding his signature. This also happens when one illuminates the photo of the Mystery Shack cast standing around the seemingly lifeless statue - doing so causes the cast and the statue to glow while the words "TRUST NO ONE!" appears.

It is unknown if the Hunt is canon to the TV series.

With all this stuff, i really think that Bill still alive, Alex Hirsch is a big trickster. XD

And recently, he posted this: https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/868993848332005376

Monarch Laciel said:
I don't see this as High-Godly at all personally. Just mid-godly.
And AXOLOTL is likely not useable for combat purposes, seeing as Bill doesn't just show up a month later and murder them all again
AXOLOTL removes all his powers and shoots him away to a different time and form to slave off his crime.

So, does anybody else think that Mid-Godly may be reasonable?

I think it is reasonable to add, but should be noted it must be manually activated by the reverse chant, and is likely not applicable for battle due to taking an indeterminate amount of time for Bill to return

Just while we are on the topic of Bill's page, he has a few powers linked to the power listing's wiki. I thought we preferred to keep links within our own wiki?

Well, if Mid-Godly is already listed, perhaps we should clsoe this thread?

Also, we do greatly prefer to link to our own powers & abilities pages, when possible, yes.

I don't even think it should be Mid Godly.

Mid Godly Regenerationn implies it can be used for combat purposes. But by the time he "slaves" off his crime, Standard Battle Assumptions gives the opponent the win as Bill did not appear for a month.

I think instead of Mid Godly he should just have Ressurection.

Wait isn't it implied that Bill Cipher regenerated into our universe? Or is at least currently alive in his? In the canon Real Life Journal 3 (which takes place after weirdmageddon or in other words after Bill's "death") you can see that the cryptograms, Bill wrote down, are a bunch of responses and messages for Ford, Dipper, Mabel, etc.

no he didnt. Nothing says in the cryptograms that he regenerated into the universe, he just gained a physical form

No, the fact the crytograms exist in the book proves Bill still has to exist in some form after weirdmageddon. Not necessary a physical one, and besides Bill Cipher can only gain a physical form if there's a rift in space-time and at the time of journal 3's time-line there is no rift.

You obviously have no idea what youre talking about. Many of the cryptograms were written on various things that ford drew. They didnt just suddenly appear. Nor could they even.

Besides Bill is a precognitic and probably a clairvoyant so

Ok, but what about Bill's quote of "BUY THIS BOOK" so Bill is precognitive, clairvoyant, and fourth wall breaking all before weirdmageddon and Bill knew Journal 3 would be released as product in our real world? Also, that's very nice that you use that harsh language instead of being polite about something you object to

GreyFang82 said:
so Bill is precognitive, clairvoyant, and fourth wall breaking all before weirdmageddon and Bill knew Journal 3 would be released as product in our real world?
Technically, all of those three abilities are mentioned on his page.

I can't speak for alex myself. but the thing is Bill has literally no contact with the universe after AXOLOTL and if he can affect the book after it was made what doesnt make him fully capable of just jumping out of a random tear in space time and just exacting his revenge again?

yes but if you say he did that mean's his ability transends not only his universe but multiple universes, including our real one which could lead to plot holes in the story.

sorry I posted that in response to paulo and I'm not sure if you can make that assumption Riiingo, do you have any proof? I'm not trying to say Bill has a physical form but he might have regenerate as a consciousness like into the mindscape

Yeah Paulo but that's not necessarily a physical edit, unlike the book which he refers to as a media you can buy physically and he edited it to have that note

perhaps I need to clear my arguments up, editing the intro does mean he has broken the 4th wall and is aware that he is in a kids show, but that can be shown as reality warping. the book is a physical thing that someone had to write down or type into the book

So my question is, how is it that Bill warped reality for the book to have his notes in our real world when the book is written after his defeat

I don't know about being after his defeat, but I'm just saying, if Bill can combine his 4th Wall Awaneress and Reality Warping to change the shows intro (which, just like the book, had to be animated by real life people, btw), changing a book shouldn't be that hard.

Alrighty I'll just wrap up this, I don't know what you'd call it a debate? But just so I can get a clear picture of what the end result of this dispute is can you tell me where we are at

well then, I apologize for seemingly wasting your time. I appreciate you taking your time to give me your thoughts on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back