• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually a pretty simple topic.

The sources were already CM type 2 before, but due to a CRT, it was placed as CM type 3.

The problem is that the downgrade was accepted mainly due to a lack of interpretations, both about the CM types and why the font was CM type 2, so I'm doing this to put the Source as CM type 1.

The explanation for CM type 2 is already here, the Source is the concept of existence of being, being deeper than the mind, soul and body.

2. Dependent Concepts: Such concepts are abstract and govern all reality within their area of influence.

The source must be CM type 1 due to the fact that the source remains even if the "objects" governed are destroyed (body, mind and soul), which proves that the source is independent of the "reality" it governs:

Anos thinking and acting only with the source

1. Independent Universal Concepts: Such concepts are completely independent from the part of reality they govern, except maybe of other concepts of this nature.

Conclusion: The source is the concept of existence, it is what makes a person who they are, being something that exists deeper than the mind, body and soul, the source existing independently of the area of reality (body, mind and soul) that it governs, with the characters even being able to think and act only with the source.

Final conclusion: Source is CM type 1.

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
It is not independent though, it literally says "Resurrection can be possible, as long as the magic was cast within 3 seconds of death" i.e. The source also dies after the body dies, it just takes like 3 seconds.
If this is the reason why you think the Source is CM 1, I disagree.

It is not independent though, it literally says "Resurrection can be possible, as long as the magic was cast within 3 seconds of death" i.e. The source also dies after the body dies, it just takes like 3 seconds.
If this is the reason why you think the Source is CM 1, I disagree.
Any scans to back that claim? The source doesn't die after the body dies, what you're talking about is chance for successful resurrection.
Saying the source dies when the body dies already contradicts reincarnation.

I am sorry, But I fail to see how this is CM 1 in any way. For me it is much more fitting of CM 3, since it is a "personal concept"
3. Lesser Fundamental Concepts: Concepts that don't meet the same standards as Type 1 or Type 2, such as personal concepts that continue to govern the object in question, merely on a more specific scale, or concepts whose nature is not elaborated upon. Case-by-case specifications and explanations are necessary for such concepts and examples, and they are likely not going to meet the same standards for abilities such as High-Godly regeneration that other concepts may. Conceptual manipulation of this type can be resisted by those who resist sufficiently similar abilities, even if the exact mechanics may differ.
For me "sources" are all personal that only govern a single person, that can store their memories, thoughts ect. To simplify I believe it has to small of a infuence to be considered anything other then a Type 3 by itself.

I am sorry, But I fail to see how this is CM 1 in any way. For me it is much more fitting of CM 3, since it is a "personal concept"

For me "sources" are all personal that only govern a single person, that can store their memories, thoughts ect. To simplify I believe it has to small of a infuence to be considered anything other then a Type 3 by itself.
CM type 3 is applicable if it covers only on a specific scale of the subject it's governing or without much explanation. However, here the source governs everything about one's existence and is independent of it. So, I think it fits the description of CM 1 clearly.

Personal concept not mean a person's concept, but a concept that only govern some part (specific) of the entirety (all of reality) of object

If the object are only one in the world then the concept already govern all of reality

If there are world that only have 1 stone inside it or only have 1 planet inside it. The concept of stone or planet just have to govern that 1 object alone because it just have 1 thing to govern. If and only if the stone and planet become 2 in number and that concept dont govern the other then it CM 3, but if it still govern it then that concept are neither type 1 or 2

No, type 1 and type 2 CM needs to cover a whole plane of reality, not a specific person or structure. The source does not govern the whole reality, it is only specific to the person.

I'm sorry, but it cannot be type 2 or type 1 in any way. Because it only controls the body, soul and mind of a specific guy, it is a typical type 3 concept.
Personal concept not mean a person's concept, but a concept that only govern some part (specific) of the entirety (all of reality) of object

If the object are only one in the world then the concept already govern all of reality

If there are world that only have 1 stone inside it or only have 1 planet inside it. The concept of stone or planet just have to govern that 1 object alone because it just have 1 thing to govern. If and only if the stone and planet become 2 in number and that concept dont govern the other then it CM 3, but if it still govern it then that concept are neither type 1 or 2
If you want to call the source type 1 or type 2, basically a source concept has to control all the sources in whole existence, but in the verse the source is only personalized, one source does not control or cover all the other sources in whole existence/reality.

Last edited:
@Dog3352, as I suggested, for now, can you request a staff member to close this? Dereck or Tatsumi will do a different thread with better explanations. Just posting one scan and arguing it's type 1 concepts is not going to get you anywhere.

Also, next time when you have plans for big upgrades, just give us a heads-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back