• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update Natsu Dragneel's Powers & Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
Well, I think that Aubin's Moon level calculation seems exaggerated. It may be better if we use "At least High 6-B" as Dragonmasterxyz suggested, but it is up to the calc group to evaluate.
Yeah we should use At Least High 6-B

Didn't they accept the mid end of said calc (was that via multipliers?). If so, that would be High 6-A or something? Well either way, there is a Dragon Cry thread discussing stats that can deal with that stuff.

ITs still being discussed but we know that in Fiore and LLia would be destroyed but not know other countries outside of them being caught in it

But Animus (who lived just as much as the dragons) called him END though. There isn't no way around it and seeing it in the manga

And I already adressed it.

Natsu being called END doesn't exactly mean that he is using "END powers". A lot of characters, such as Invel and Zeref called natsu END, despite him not using demon powers

Mid-End was accepted, so Natsu, Zeref, and Acnologia in their strongest forms will be High 6-A, pretty cool to get a big upgrade like that, as for Soldier Blue, He may be here soon

Reopening to ask if everyone has gotten a chance to express themselves here or if this was closed and decided before that?

Looking up I see several users and staff members alike saying they disagreed and the thread suddenly turning into a discussion about the movie feats?

Also, may I ask what makes this any different from Bleach: Memories of Nobody, which was rejected despite the author acknowledging it as a source material?

Did he? I know Hiro specifically said that the final chapters of the manga and Dragon Cry were connected as posted above. Not sure about the Bleach situation. But this was all discussed earlier.

Well i wont lie but i still dont agree w/ END in the movie and in manga that even @Demon thought that it was probably an illusion?

If you all think it's non canon then downgrade it. However, we need to discuss what the requirements are for things like this to be canon.

> However, we need to discuss what the requirements are for things like this to be canon.

Bingo.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Did he? I know Hiro specifically said that the final chapters of the manga and Dragon Cry were connected as posted above. Not sure about the Bleach situation. But this was all discussed earlier.
Bleach's quote is far more ambiguous.

The fact that sonya a character that we see only in dragon cry that has a connection to acnologia of the past, we also see this being mention in the manga where acnologia remembers sonya and her death and what caused it. It's basically a acnologia backstory, one of the biggest villians in the whole of fairy tail series. We see his reason for why his angry at the dragons, and sonya's death was one of them. It also fits the timeline of the fairy tail series, and hiro mashima himselfs comments that the dragon cry movie was connected to the finale chapter of fairy tail and it did.

So there isn't many people rejecting it or are against whether the movie is cannon. It's all about why memories of nobody was rejected and this was accepted, and this isn't a good reason to reject whether the dragon cry is cannon. I have no idea about the story of memories of nobody, that is something bleach supporters need to deal with and try and prove to everyone otherwise.

The Bleach situation isn't comparable. The Valley of Screams place is used in the manga and Ichigo says he's been there before. And Kubo says he took the Valley of Screams from the movie.

Can we get someone to confirm the above translation? I feel as if what Hiro said is the only thing that really sells the argument.

Personally I am fine with accepting the Dragon Cry movie as canon.

I found this artical in japanese talking about hiro mashima interview about the finale chapter connection with the dragon cry movie.

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/225294

http://www.pashplus.jp/anime/theater_edition/47087/

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2087812/full/

https://akiba-souken.com/article/29588/

There is many more article talking about the same thing, and i can post them all here but that will take time and my comment will just get filled with links. So i will post these few pages so you can read it for yourselve using translation of course.

They're all talking about how the dragon cry is connected with the finale chapter of fairy tail and i think this is the best artical we have with a good translation.

https://manga.tokyo/news/new-fairy-...ima-says-movie-is-connected-to-final-chapter/

I want to talk about natsu limited soul manipulation before this thread gets closed. When acnologia took control over the ravines of time, his spirit/soul was left behind while his physical body left the ravines of time and went to the real world to cause
Acnologia-split
Crunchyroll Translation

Acnologia-split2
Crunchyroll Translation

absolute destruction.

In the ravines of times, natsu and the other 7 dragons fought acnologia's spirit/soul form, in which both natsu and laxus were able to hit acnologia spirit/soul form. Although laxus was able to hit acnologia, he couldn't do any real damage to him because of his magic resistence, but we can still see that acnologia was hit by laxus even tho he was only in a spirit/soul form. here is a link to the chapter where laxus hit acnologia, and you can see the lightning around acnologia face telling us that he was indeed hit by laxus.

Natsuburninghissoul
Crunchyroll Translation

Here we also see natsu hitting acnologia's spirit/soul form, and destroying it.1 23 4 5
We can see this also in natsu vs zeref finale fight in which zeref stated that natsu was setting his own soul on fire, not only was he burning zeref magic, but he was also setting his own soul on fire.

So i believe we should give natsu a limited soul manipulation for being able to attack and hit acnologia spirit/soul form and for being able to set his own soul on fire to get a boost in his magical ability.

I also think we should give laxus a limited soul manipulation for being able to hit acnologia spirit/soul form, althought he couldn't do any damage. But that was because of acnologia own magical resistene and not because it was laxus fault.

I will say that the other 5 dragon slayers beside natsu and laxus should also get a limited soul manipulation because of the fact that they were able to see and fight against acnologia, and i believe that if they're able to get close to acnologia they would be able to him just like laxus and natsu.

I agree that he should get Limited Soul manipulation, as well as Resistance to Death manipulate because he resisted zeref's death Magic

Personally, I would give limited soul manip to Natsu only since he is the only one who has a feat burning soul outside of RoT dimension.

The acnologia in the ravines of time is pure spirit/soul, if you can hit him or destroy him like natsu did. then you are able to get limited soul manipulation.

That is the thing. Acno within the RoT dimension is already a soul, so it makes sense for them to be able to interract with soul with. There is nothing that indicating that they can hit soul in the outside of RoT.

Natsu however, has a feat for that.

Like dragonemperor said, it doesn't matter whether you're able to hit him inside of the ravines of time or not. Since the dimension itself doesn't give people the ability to effect souls.

also spliting once spirit/soul from once body, isn't that a ability and shouldn't this be part of acnologia page. That he can split his spirit/soul from his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back