• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update Natsu Dragneel's Powers & Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely off-topic, as Matt already called this movie non-canon for the same reason he called Bleach's movie non-canon.

It is off-topic. We haven't even decided if we should use this movie yet. If it is uncertain, we should probably not do so.

After that has been handled you can start a content revision thread and invite Soldier Blue and Matthew if you wish.

Okay. Without direct statements from the author that the Dragon Cry movie is canon, that may be best.

@Malikobama1

I don't think you can compare dragon cry to the case of memories of nobody, the story from dragon cry was shown in the finale chapters of fairy tail in which we see the same girl from the movie and how acnologia himself remembers her death and the cause of it. It's not a simple reference but something that is part of the timeline of the fairy tail manga. It's the backstory of acnologia, and one of the reason for his rage against the dragons.

The statement that hiro mashima has made can clearly be taken as him saying it's cannon, because his words were not empty statement. He said that the dragon cry was linked to the finale chapters of fairy tail, and we clearly see that it did.

Yeah unlike in Bleach, this movie ties directly to one of the Main Antagonists, that's a pretty big deal as well, this doesn't conflict with the timeline at all, cause it can fit perfectly in the story, also the Author himself said that the movie is directly tied to the story, I don't we should nit-pick sbout how the author never used the word Canon, because he might not even know what that word is, point being, I think we should accept the movie as canon

Many people seem to have made great argument for why this movie is cannon and how it's linked with the source material and the timeline of the story. There is also the author statement, and how he said it linked with the finale chapters of the series in which it did.

So how much more obvious does this need to be, should we be expecting hiro mashima himself to come to our faces and tell us that this is cannon for it to be considered cannon.

KaiserReinhardt said:
So how much more obvious does this need to be, should we be expecting hiro mashima himself to come to our faces and tell us that this is cannon for it to be considered cannon.
Yes.

According to this site's standards, Hiro would need to literally say the movie is canon. As nothing here satisfies the standard for canon previously set down.

• Referencing the movie in the manga is not enough
  • Author statement saying the movie contains info connected to the manga is not enough
  • Acnologia having back story in the movie is irrelevant
Do note that I have no problem with Dragon Cry, I just care more about a consistent standard being followed on this site. When semantics and bias are set aside, the quality of evidence presented here is not sufficient to satisfy the standards already put down regarding the canonicity of anime movies.

Those are three incredibly good reasons as to why the movie is canon, this isn't like a Dragon Ball, Naruto, or Bleach movie, where there isn't a perfect way for the movie to fit into the story, I can't speak for Bleach but, the Author saying the Movie ties into the Manga is basically the author saying the movie is canon, I don't know what level that the Bleach movie was tied into the story, but the Author literally saying it ties into the manga is proof of canon, especially when it's the main villain

Well, I do not know. Somebody should check the Knowledgeable Members List and the supporters & neutral sections of the Fairy Tail verse page to find staff members who you can ask to comment here.

Soldier Blue should also be able to help.

"Final chapter, okay. But what about the other 500+ chapters?"

If the manga said anything about the dragon cry before the alvarez arc, then it wouldn't make any sense since the dragon cry took place before the start of the alvarez arc. It doesn't have to be the finale chapters, it could be anywhere in the alvarez arc and it would still be considered cannon. It was hiro mashima that chose the finale chapters to tell us that dragon cry was connected to the story, but he could have done it in anywhere in the alvarez arc and it would still make sense.

"Yes"

So you want the author of any work to come to your face personally and tell you that it's cannon, for you to believe him?.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Those are three incredibly good reasons as to why the movie is canon, this isn't like a Dragon Ball, Naruto, or Bleach movie, where there isn't a perfect way for the movie to fit into the story, I can't speak for Bleach but, the Author saying the Movie ties into the Manga is basically the author saying the movie is canon, I don't know what level that the Bleach movie was tied into the story, but the Author literally saying it ties into the manga is proof of canon, especially when it's the main villai
In case you don't know, Bleach's movie had those same 3 reasons. It still wasn't considered canon because the author did not directly say the movie is canon.

We must remain consistent and unbiased in how we evaluate things, so this wouldn't be considered canon either.

Bleach had a character reference the movie with visuals presented (same as Acnologia referencing the girl), it fit into the Bleach timeline (same with FT) and Kubo said the movie had the info (same as Mashima here). It wasn't canon cause there was no direct statement from Kubo saying it was canon.

But the author saying the movie connects to the final chapter, is saying the movie is canon, and once again, I can't speak for Bleach, maybe that has to be revisited again, point is ehile you can't remain biased, I would say there is more evidence for this than Bleach, because while in bleach it was a throw away line, this directly influences the main villains drive

Well I do admit that the FT reference from the author is more explicit, him saying that it ties to the story of the final chapter.

But I'm frankly neutral.

I would much prefer if we do not discuss Bleach in a Fairy Tail thread. That can be discussed in a separate content revision thread afterwards.

Also, somebody should ask all of the people I mentioned to give input here.

I feel like the only argument against calling the movie canon so far has been well the Bleach Movie wasn't canon, and yes you have to remain unbiased, however Bleach and Fairy Tail are different series, we don't apply the same rules in story for the verses, this should be treated as a different case, When the main villain states that the reason he is destroying everything is because of this one girl who died in front of him, and the author says they are connected that should be taken as Canon, there's no other way around it, the movie also doesn't contradict any part of the story in any way, so I believe this should be seen as canon

How would treating the Dragon Cry movie as canon affect the character profiles, and which ones would need to be updated?

I don't know much about bleach, i have only watched it up to the end of the aizen war and the start of the new arc where ichigo lost his powers. I didn't read the manga or watch any of the movies, so i have very limited knowledge about bleach. So it's not in my place to talk about whether it's movies are cannon or not, that is something bleach supporters need to heavly debate for and prove to everyone else otherwise.

But in this thread there has been many great arguments and proof for why the dragon cry movie is cannon and how it fits in the fairy tail timeline and story, there is also a great statement from hiro mashima himself stating that the movie has a connection with the finale chapters of the fairy tail series in which it did. It can't get more obvious then this really, we should accept it as cannon because of the many proof and argument for it.

"memories of nobody got rejected, so dragon cry should be rejected also" This doesn't make any sense, if memories of nobody got rejected then that is something bleach supporters need to deal with and try and fix. Why does dragon cry has to be rejected, just because memories of nobody was rejected where is the logic in that.

@Aubin

Well, that minor upgrade does not seem to be such a big deal, but I would prefer more staff input here. Please do as I asked you earlier. Thank you.

So can we agree to see the movie as canon, I mean there's no other argument against other than the bleach thing, which shouldn't be applied to Fairy Tail

Etherion times 10, so At least 17 teratons, likely 230 teratons, multiply by 10, At least 170 teratons, likely 2.3 Pettatons, which is At least High 6-B, likely 6-A, very easy math, and only scales to 3 people

Hmm....if we accept multipliers here then ill accept though i feel confilcted on this since the draginification is called END (it was also partial) yet we seen a partial END in the manga but it didnt show the signs it had in the manga

From my understanding, we don't accept Dragon Ball Multipliers (accept Kaioken I guess). And I know I downgraded Digimon from 6-B due to the stat via being by a multiplier. Not only that, I believe God of High School also got fuss about multipliers. I don't know about RWBY honestly.

Some profesional hunstman from RWBY are scaled to half of 466 kilotons from Full Power mainder Raven. And Prime Ozpin rating comes from multiplying those 466 kilo by 4.

If we can do it to RWBY, why can't FT?

Looking at the actual calc, said results for the feat aren't based upon the multiplier. The feat itself seems to be 466 kilotons regardless and just his weaker percent of power being lower. Unless I missed a "x4" somewhere.

Since this is a weapon and it's not a character, who has the multiplier, I think it should be ok to do, as well this is the Lowball, there are 3 statements about how strong Dragon Cry is

1. 10 times Etherion

2. 10's of Times Etherion

3. Can destroy all of Ishgar

I think we shouldn't complicate this more than it has to, it's just 10 times stronger, and it's a weapon that doesn't fluctuate power like characters do, so I beleive just doing this is the best course of action

We are going to need more input before we accept this multiplier as I know they in general are very controversial regardless of the verse.

I agree, but this seems more consistent since it's just a weapon, however I agree we need more input, but Dragonmaster, do you agree with the 10x multiplier idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back