• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update Natsu Dragneel's Powers & Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, wasn't this movie written by the original creator, much like Naruto: The Last?

Anyway, we need more staff input. You can ask Soldier Blue, Matthew and Kepekley, along with any staff members you can find under Fairy Tail in the Knowledgeable Members List and in the supporters and neutral sections of the Fairy Tail verse page, to comment here.

The movie's script was written by Shoji Yonemura, Mashima was a producer and helped with storyboards, no different than Kubo and his Bleach movies.

Okay. That is probably different then.

Malikobama1 said:
The movie's script was written by Shoji Yonemura, Mashima was a producer and helped with storyboards, no different than Kubo and his Bleach movies.
The only Bleach movie that can be considered canon is Bleach: Hell Verse where Kubo did a one-shot manga promoting the movie.

This is all that's needed. Did Mashima say it was canon? Like did he directly say it was canon? If so, then it's canon. If not, too bad.

He said "the movie is connected to the last chapter of fairy tail". Not sure if it classifies as him saying it's canon or not.

Dragonmasterxyz is correct.

What do you think Dragon?

If this is accepted then why was Memories of Nobody denied? In Chapter 627 Ichigo directly referenced the movie, saying he's been in the Valley of Screams before despite the manga never showing it, and in the chapter sketch for 627 in Volume 69 Kubo says if you want to know more about the Valley of Screams then see the movie.

so we should add an Animus and Dragon Cry page, right?, Animus fought base Natsu so he is 6-C, and Dragon cry is stated to either be 10 times Etherion, 10's of times greater than Etherion, and has even stated to be able to destroy all of Ishgar, Now technically Animus absorbed all the power of Dragon Cry into himself making him 10 times Etherion, and such, which would make Natsu's base Large Country and likely higher, however this is a massive Outlier so we should just ignore that, and have Animus at 6-C, High 6-B when using Dragon Cry

That kind of reference isn't as explicit though, as he author didn't state it outright, but you will have to ask Soldier Blue and Matthew about it.

Yeah, I must agree with Malik. Bleach's memories of nobody was considered non-canon despite havi g the same qualifications as this movie for Fairy Tail does. Matthew and others still disagreed and it was decided to be non-canon. This would be a double standard to accept this and not Bleach.

Hmm, being 10 times stronger than etherion would make it High 6-B to 6-A, compared to Etherion's 6-B to High 6-B.

This would only scale to Animus with Dragon Cry and Natsu's dragonification form.

Most likely RoT Acno and 7FD Natsu scale to that as well

Honestly Ant that seems like just arguing semantics. He didn't literally say the same words Mashima did, but he plain as day connected the movie to the manga and even directly referenced its events through Ichigo's dialogue. He flat out tells readers to watch the movie to get the full info. It's a clear double standard.

@Dragon

He didn't say "the movie is canon," he said, "the movie is connected to the final chapter." That doesn't mean the events of the movie took place in the manga, it means what it looks like: something about the movie's plot is connected to something in the final chapter.

Well, Soldier Blue and Matthew are currently in charge of Bleach. You will have to ask them about it. We also cannot achieve absolute consistency in how we handle every franchise.

Captain Torch said:
Hmm, being 10 times stronger than etherion would make it High 6-B to 6-A, compared to Etherion's 6-B to High 6-B.
This would only scale to Animus with Dragon Cry and Natsu's dragonification form.

Once again, the dragon form of Natsu was just an illusion, so his base would theoretically be High 6-B to 6-A, which once again is a massive Outlier, I would be really happy if that got accepted however, that would literally bring every single person in the last arc to that level, based on one feat, so sorry but that's really not a viable option

You would have to ask Matt and Soldier Blue about that. I have no control over Bleach. All I can do is give my input here. Here we have Mashima actually saying the two are connected. If you have a problem with Bleach, that isn't my concern.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Captain Torch said:

Once again, the dragon form of Natsu was just an illusion, so his base would theoretically be High 6-B to 6-A, which once again is a massive Outlier, I would be really happy if that got accepted however, that would literally bring every single person in the last arc to that level, based on one feat, so sorry but that's really not a viable option
Where the hell did you get the idea that it's an illusion? It was a form, it was stated before the movie even went out(Natsu's "Dragonification", and Natsu also got a huge boost out of this form, going from getting stomped by Animus to stomping Animus.

So no, this wouldn't scale to his base, only to the specific form/god tiers

How about you two focus on discussing whether this is canon or not and not about the tiering for now?

eh, when Animus is looking at Natsu it flashes to a blurry Natsu who is Dragonized, and then a cleaner Natsu who is Normal, so it seems like an illusion and even Natsu was confused to if the form was real or not, Now maybe I'm wrong and if this is miraculously accepted, then this would scale to Savage Dragon Fire natsu, Seven Flames Natsu, Fairy Heart Zeref, and Acnologia, but once again massive Outlier, but I would like it to happen

The "blur" was just an animation effect. And Natsu was confused on his "identity", because he transformed into a half-dragon and couldn't control himself.

But yes, this should be discussed in another thread

Dragonmasterxyz said:
How about you two focus on discussing whether this is canon or not and not about the tiering for now?

Here is Acnologia in the manga talking about Sonya and of how the dragons "killed" her.

Sonya Icon

This is the same Sonya from the movie Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry, the movie even revisted the scene where Acnologia apparently found her "dead".

https://manga.tokyo/news/new-fairy-...ima-says-movie-is-connected-to-final-chapter/

Hiro Mashima the legit mangaka of Fairy Tail even said it by his own word that Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry is connected to the final chapter. What more evidences do you need in order for me to prove that the movie is canon?

This movie is connected with the fairy tail timeline, and also show us the backstory of acnologia one of the biggest characters in the fairy tail series. When he was talking to natsu in the manga, he remembers sonya a character that we see in only dragon cry. He remembers her death and the cause of her death.

So i don't see why this movie cannot be cannon, it has both connection to the manga and the story. We also have a statement from hiro mashima that can be taken as it being cannon too.

This seems more explicitly part of the continuity than Memories of Nobody. But I don't know much Fairy Tail. Just going by the interview and the pages linked.

I am personally leaning towards accepting the Fairy Tail movie as canon, but am not sure how this would affect the character statistics.

My only issue with accepting this as canon is that it's a clear double standard. Mashima never said, "this movie is canon." He said, "this movie is connected to the final chapter." And it is, the girl drawn in the final chapter is the same girl that was in the movie. That is literally the exact same level of evidence that was not accepted for Memories of Nobody.

As Matt said in the decision to not accept Memories of Nobody, "not canon despite having some references in canon media."

Well, Soldier Blue and Matthew will have to make a decision regarding the Bleach movie, but that is an off-topic conversation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back