• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, it seems Antvasima and people in general have nothing against Acrobatics, so any additional you would consider necessary before creating the page?

Also, is the category going to call Acrobats or Acrobatic Users?

I'm personally fine with Charisma being a thing. Neutral about it actually being added, though.

So, what is the look on a Charisma page? Like having 3 types of charm being

1. Silver tongue: Characters who's wordplay is able to manipulate others

2. Beauty: Characters who's looks or beauty is able to manipulate others

3. Super Natural: Characters who have a seemingly supernatural charm to them which can directly or indirectly manipulate others

Is it a Go or a No Go?

As made clear, I'm personally ok with making that page. I'm not sure if I would segregate it into types, as it usually is a mixture of all things, aside from supernatural.

I would also leave supernatural out of it. Supernaturally charming someone is mind control/empathic manipulation. I think it's better to have this page be just about social ability.

And then there is still the question if there is a better term than charisma, to include influence by negative/neutral feelings. How about "Social Influencing" as name?

Fair enough. I'll disinclude super natural. And won't be separated in types. Social influencing sounds good for a name. I can't think of a name myself other than Social Manipulation

I think that the most general it involve is: Persuasion (don't like Silver Tongue, few people could relate it with persuasion and rather with a Simpson's episode), Empathy and Leadership. I can mention more specific case using D&D and Anima as examples, but those three as the most general.

That is covered by Stamina, if is caused by a lack of something (not having nerves or being an undead) then would be redundant.

Think it's just usually listed as a resistance

Huuuh, well. I was looking at Naruto's profile when I saw that his "ink manipulation" is a link to powerlisting wiki, and since I was told that we should only have links to VSBW pages, I came to drop this idea.

So yeah, ink manipulation I guess.

Does Lock Manipulation have a page? I've ran into a few characters who have the abiltity magicical or by tech, able to unlock any sort of lock.

Or does that qualify as something else?

I guess Ink Manipulation can be considered Organic Manipulation (weird enough, we have Biokinesis but not the most general counterpart, Organic Manipulation).

Lock Manipulation is like, closing/open doors, gates, etc?

Yea. Like I've seen this done by The Doctor (with his Screwdriver)

Johnny test with a tech key

Sora I believe with his Keyblade

Larry with magic. Ect.

I don't think or know if it qualifies under some other page, or if it can have one of its own.

An interesing Idea I've had is to maybe have Adaptive Weapon Proficiency.

Basically a character who is able to use most objects as weapons proficiently.

wym power hijacking

Ok. This one will sound strange. But it can be combat applicable.

Odder manipulation. An an ability to manipulate the smell of something. To those who have stronger senses (like say Homer) could be countered by this. By giving off a too powerful good or bad smell, and also just giving off a bad small shich can effect how someone fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back