• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it, Dimensional Travel do not cover travelling to environments such dreams, heaven, hell, mindscape, etc, as they aren't, in general, considered dimensions. Do we still treat that as Dimensinal Travel or an special type of Teleportation?

Pretty sure heaven and hell are generally considered as such. Others is more akin to mental powers.

I mean, one can't simply travel to the afterlife by shifting between time and space, these places are completely independent of coordinates; don't think the dreamworld is considered immersion, and I guess Mindscape could only be possible via Astral Projection. But ok, wanted to clear that out.

Neh, difficult to people to differ between the terms of Dimension, Reality and Existential Plane from verse to verse. I guess teleport to another dimension is moving to another space and/or time; reality teleportation could involve moving to the dreamworld, a fictional setting and dimension; meanwhile, moving to another plane is travel to the astral world, dreamworld, afterlife, those metaphysical places.

Don't see why... The dreamworld and afterlife are metaphysical places, for example destroying them is not the same that destroying a conventional dimension/universe/reality, as if you destroy the dreamworld all beings will stop dreaming.

I mean, per definition, metaphysical stuff is for the most part 1-A as far I know, as X realms/dimensions, etc. are, well, still bound to dimensions.

Just being "lower-dimensional", doesn´t make them automatically of even abstract nature, let alone 1-A

Could be, cuz as far is possible a 5th dimensional being could die and be sent to the same afterlife that normal people goes. They can also share the same dreams.

I think the heaven and hell thing is just dependent on verse. For example, in 40k the Warp is basically hell. That's certainly dimensional travel, in the areas that aren't unbound by dimension entirely.

For our standards at least, at best it´s just a mere dimensional upgrade by 1, otherwise we would have weird ratings for X character completely destroying that stuff (unless the cosmology is actually quite explicit regarding that, like Marvel for example, in which case, yeah, 1-A)

Isn't it just a parallel universe in dragon ball Z?

I don't think you can really give anything above Universal, without any sort of explanation by the verse.

Antoniofer said:
That's why destroying those places aren't quantificable, and we consider it as hax.
Really?

Normally 3-A AP stacked with some sort of Non Physical Interaction is used to my knowledge (obviously very subject to the context itself)

I don't see why universal is unusable, or the standard pocket dimension standards should we go that route.

It could also become quantifiable in some verses, but that's case by case

I honestly wouldn´t mind Pocket Reality destructions be rated as 3-A or even Low 2-C if it also has its own time axis, but that´s besides the point.

Last it was asked it was said that is not quantificable (I think it was me tho... but Antvasima agreed). Destroying a pocket dimension is different since its an additional space, and we rate by destroying that.

...By the way, of what power were we talking to get into this matter?

A Lock/Unlock Manipulation is a pretty good idea imo, basically, it's the ability to lock/unlock stuff, the user is able to, for the lock part, lock the function of anything he want, he can lock some intangible things such has Space time to create wormhole, motion or memory (the best exemple is Mukuro Hoshimiya who can literally lock the rotation of a planet), memory and other things.

For the unlock part, the user can releasing/unlocking the hidden potentials and inner powers of others (again Mukuro is a good exemple)

Yeah, that basically what Absolute Lock Manipulation does. Not that I disagree, but it seems kinda specific and most of the time is via secundary effect (such using technological or metal manipulation).

I mean, the ability could work, for example, this way:

-Y hits X
(Y spends 10% of its energy)

-Y hits Z with the same previous force

(Y spends 80% of its energy)

If stamina Manipulation is aloud. Then we should get a Intelligence manipulation page too, cause that is very very common around fiction. And I never made one simply cause of statistics Amp and reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back