• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Universal Yubel in Duel Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the current canonicity rules, I'm pretty sure minor non-canon game versions of characters aren't allowed.

I mean, many non-canon game versions of characters are allowed, what makes them minor or not? Duel Links is quite important for Konami and is constantly updated.

The only one I could think about is Shin Budokai Janemba, whose inclusion was highly debated and was the main antagonist of the game. I haven't played Duel Links, but is Yubel the main antagonist in Duel Link's story mode?

SomebodyData said:
I haven't played Duel Links, but is Yubel the main antagonist in Duel Link's story mode?
"She" appeared in an event that lasted a limited amount of time, being the antagonist of it.

Worth noting a limited time event in duel links is a cycling thing, and it's not as if she doesn't have her own new abilities, or isn't a playable character.

Still, based on that, the current rulings would allow it.

Most mobile game events are a cycling thing.

No? Shin Budokai Janemba and Duel Links Yubel are two very different cases.

SomebodyData said:
Most mobile game events are a cycling thing.
Yes, but if a playable character has feats that only come from an event then that still scales to their everyday stats.

To be honest I do not think this should be taken seriously. I mean everything in duel links happens in a virtual world and I doubt this virtual world made by Kaiba and his compagny has the size of an universe.

@Jeune fou You are ignoring practically the whole context. Yubel states the universe numerous times, not just that virtual world. Some real humans there were genuinely mind haxed by her and making other characters concerned about it, with Yubel using their dueling power to re-create her body, with her having many conversations of that with no one but herself, not something that was theatrically prepared to entertain others there. The threat of her genuinely killing other characters is explicitly stated with 2 of them, with one of them acknowledging this idea.

If anything, universe=universe and that should be enough, we can't just downplay that to a world for no reason.

One can deduce this by now but I clarify for spectators that while the game takes place in a virtual world, the characters are "real". If Kaiba makes an announcement for a tournament and there is nobody around him, everyone witnesses that, when Yubel talks about how lonely she was and there is nobody around her, nobody witnesses that except the player, which is not a canon character in the story.

(Btw the Kaiba minion who says "attention duelists" in ygotas is in the game saying just that in some tournaments)

.... Honestly even in GX itself she states she will destroy the entire universe and re-create it w/ Super Polymerization. Having a exactly parallel statement in Duel Links doesn't surprise me one bit.

I didn't watch all of GX, I'm unaware of the contradictions/context that makes that Yubel 5-A. But this Yubel has consistency and context on her side, with more than just one statement.

I watched the entire GX series again . I can assure you that the reasoning she's 5-A is because it's assumed all the Dimensions take place in one Universe, which according to what I've seen after thoroughly analyzing S3 and S4 of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.... Isn't accurate.

They are separated by dimensional barriers , which due to Yubel's statement are separated by time and space. This in conjunction to the several theories which were stated to be proven right by a theorizer who analyzed the nature of the Twelve Dimensions.... Seems to imply they are separate realities rather than within the same universe.

Yubel wasn't downgraded based off, or just based off, that. She was also downgraded to 5-A because that was the scale of the 12 Dimensions. Like Neo-Space orbiting Jupiter or the space with the desert just being...well...a desert.

This was all brought up and discussed on SD's previous Yubel thread that downgraded her.

I know. I wish to change that personally , because we now have more depth on what the natures of the Twelve Dimensions are... Other than just, what they appear to contain.

But this isn't the topic of this thread... So we should stop talking about it.

@Eficiente no, I don't think you can make her a profile, sorry, but this is really pushing it.

I don't wish to waste anyone's time here but what are the reasons for it? I already gave the proper context and there are multiple examples of profiles like that on the wiki.

This is especially important for me since I and Dark wanted to eventually create a key/profile for Astro Boy in a very similar mobile card game in which he's (most likely) 3-A or Low 2-C and a profile for the antagonist who has the feat. I have some research done in that since months but if we don't allow profiles like those we should give up on it.

The only example you guys brought up was Janemba, who was the main antagonist of that game's plot and was still highly contested.

The problem with that is that I'm 90% it was highly contested back before the canon rules, meaning now it's well into the rules.

Yeah but Shin Budokai Janemba also has several new abilities, is a major antagonidt, and a tier jump. Yubel only has one of those.

What new abilities? And I mean like, major ones. I wlready acknowledged the tier jump, and she is still a minor character within the game.

She has multiple skills that allow her to generate new cards and influence which cards she draws, and some other stuff IIRC

Why isn't the tier jump enough to be remarkable for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back